I want to start by saying that the front desk staff (especially mary ann) and the ladies that run the breakfast area have always been so friendly and attentive to customers needs. That is the main reason why I continue to book with this comfort inn instead of the other several close hotels... HOWEVER this last stay left a bad taste in my mouth. I am usually not one to complain AT ALL but I do so this time bc I truly want to see this establishment excel and not get lost in the shuffle with the other hotels.
At breakfast one morning I heard several other guest complaining about the cleanliness,well the lack of, their rooms. I thought "hmmm that can't be right I have never had a problem....they must be nit pickers!" But unfortunately I have to agree with them. I stay here a lot...A LOT. This time my stay was more of an extended stay vs a "drop by" and I guess that I actually had time to notice and pay attention to more things.
My bed was only made once....1 time in over a week stay! Maybe they consider flipping the sheets down bed service but my pillows weren't even straightened out. I even try to keep my room clean like it is my house so that housekeeping doesn't have to pick up after me. Dare I even think if the sheets were ever changed prior to me checking in now. They even have those "green program" cards you are to place on the bed so that they don't change sheets. I purposely did not place it on my bed so that the sheets would be changed and they never were and I know that bc my bed was never made. So by the 3rd day I started to experiment by leaving lil things around the room to see if areas we ever cleaned or touched. I think that the whole hotel is just in need of a good renovation. Soooooooo
1. Bed never made nor sheets ever changed
2. Carpet never swept (now come to think of it I have never even heard a vacuum run and I am there during several diff times during the day and night)
3. No surface ever dusted.
4. Bathroom floor never swept
5. Shower never cleaned
6. Lamp and coffee maker never worked even with a note left for housekeeping.
7. Cups or ice bags never replaced.
8. Musty/smokey smell in the run and when brought to their attention they just sprayed the room/halls with aerosol spray.
9. Key card swipes on the outside doors are not working...so any person and their brother can just walk right in. I am a very confident person in defending myself and this still makes me uneasy to the point to where I am cautiously walking in always looking over my shoulder.
10. Window was unlocked and hard to secure. Can also hear everything outside due to poor insulation around the windows.
Again the only reason I write this is in hopes of the right people seeing it to correct these problems. I truly love the overall experience and individual attention received, I just want to make sure that these small, easy to fix problems don't affect the future business. It's like the old saying "I hope a few bad apples don't ruin the whole bushel".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel with confidence at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott(R) a hotel with outstanding service for an easy and comfortable stay-at an exceptional value. We are always ready to welcome you to our thoughtfully designed guest rooms and suites with plenty of room to work and relax. Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel will keep you connected during your stay and our pool and fitness center will help you stay on track. Spread out in our vibrant lobby, with spaces to gather, relax and work. And jump-start each day with our free breakfast, now with more hot choices like scrambled eggs, sausage and oatmeal, plus favorites including fresh fruit and yogurt. You'll always find the courteous service you deserve, plus all the little things you expect from Fairfield Inn & Suites during your stay. Ask us about The Fairfield 100% Guarantee where we promise you'll be satisfied, or we'll make it right. That's our commitment to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Inn Chillicothe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Chillicothe
- Chillicothe Comfort Inn
- Quality Inn Chillicothe Ohio