“Not a great experience”

Quality Inn Chillicothe
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was visiting my Grandmother that lives in Chillicothe and there wasn't room for all of us to stay with her. My daughter and I ended up going to this hotel and was very disappointed in the service. I had to stay two nights until there was room at my Aunts house.
The room smelled of smoke, my two year old goes to the cancer center so wasn't happy about that. Went to use the restroom and there was dried up pee all over the seat. Being a nurse I was grossed out by this.
I called down to the front desk, the lady told me housecleaning wouldn't be available until morning. I mean really??? So I get to sit in a room that wasn't cleaned. I took my daughter downstairs to the front desk and the lady said the best they could do was give me a rag and some cleaning material.
Excuse me, I paid for a hotel. I don't get paid to clean up after someone else urine. So yes I am writing a bad review due to what happened. Didn't even offer to move us or take our bill down. I also told my whole family to never stay there.

Room Tip: If you want urine all over your bathroom than by all means stay at this hotel. If they can't eve...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Shauntelle Y

Reviewed 4 August 2013

One of the two beds had soiled sheets and the air conditioning was not functioning properly. In response to the soiled sheets (a crusty substance in the center of the bed) we were required to come down through the labyrinth of smoky hall ways to the front desk and change the sheets. In response to these complaints they apologized (good) and promised to make sure that it never happened to us again (really?...could I have that in writing?!).You may want to come up with a promise you can keep, but no matter, we are not inclined to come back!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ncfour
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We visit Chillicothe ever year and had formerly stayed at the Best Western Adena Inn. Unfortunately they are no longer pet friendly, so we stayed at the Quality Inn. We were very pleased. Everyone on the staff was very friendly. The room was basic, but clean and included a mini fridge and microwave. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices and the main hot dishes changed daily. There is an outdoor pool, that we did not use. The location is very convenient. It will be our "go to" hotel for our yearly visit from now on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PaceJapan
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was our last night out for our 2 week vacation. We've stayed here before - it's kind of confusing because it's in a 2 motel convention complex. Last time through town we stayed at the other, not Quality Inn, ,property by mistake! Both are good though.

Room with 2 king size beds for 2 persons was $90. Nice large clean room. The counter staff was swamped with incoming guests at the same time we arrived, but did a nice job handling all of us.

There was some kind of bartenders contest/party/convention going on that same evening in the motels bar. The desk clerk told us about it and assigned us to the opposite side of the hotel to shield us from any noise. The only thing we noticed was that part of the parking lot was taped off that evening and full of people when we returned from dinner, otherwise we would never have known about the event - there was no noise.

The room was clean. I appreciate properties which have a reading lamp on either side of the bed and a desk lamp with receptacles for computers. This room had both. BUT, the desk lamp did not work. Nor did the coffee maker beside it. I traced their wires and found them to be plugged into an extension cord which ran behind the portable closet to a receptacle behind the TV/bureau. The extension cord was not plugged intoo the wall. This is an obvious oversight, I'm surprised no one else (earlier guests, housekeeping) had not noticed it. But the kicker was there were also two unused condoms on the floor beneath the wall receptacle! We didn't need them, so I left them on top of the portable closet for the next guest.

Slept very well that night and missed breakfast (served until 9:30 AM on weekdays).

We will stay here again on our next pass through the area.

Room Tip: We were in room 229 at the back of the hotel. No view to speak of, near the stairwell, but very quie...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Friendly staff. Rooms are simple, but clean. Decent pet policy. Pool area closes at 10 pm everyday and they mean 10pm! Our team booked over 20 rooms for a baseball tournament there and at 10pm the parents were kicked out of the pool area. Not allowed to sit and talk or utilize the chairs outside the pool area either. All we wanted was some quite time to unwind and talk together. That's ridiculous!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The 2 main places to stay in Chillicothe are the Holiday Inn and Hampton inn which both seem fairly nice for the area. However, those places seem to get booked up quickly. If you're in a pinch this would seem to be the safe alternative. Fair rates and room was kept very clean by maid. Bed was comfortable.

However the hotel is woefully outdated including the room. Very outdated bathroom and furniture. No elevator so have to carry luggage up steps. Towels are thin and apparently limited. No fitness center (what hotel these days does not have one?)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 1 January 2013

here on business for 4 days and stay was ok. Staff was pleasant and rooms were old but clean and quiet. Breakfast was average but plenty of it. The attached bar seemed to have some local drunks and not many guest. Overall I would recomend this hotel for a stop over.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chillicothe
Christopher Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chillicothe
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Circleville

Been to Quality Inn Chillicothe? Share your experiences!