“Relaxing Friday”

French Creek State Park
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Elverson
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Went on a 6/20/14 a Friday afternoon. Not crowded. Used grill to cook out. Guys fished. Park was very clean. Plenty of parking and enough picnic tables and grills. Bathrooms are accessible and clean but didn't have any hand soap so bring sani wipes. Canoe and kayak rentals close to early. Park rangers clear park as soon and dusk approaches. The park is very beautiful and relaxing. Not sure if it is overcrowded on weekends. Biking is for mountain bikes, not for cruisers.

1  Thank treeves19

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stopped in on a day trip and found this park to be very picturesque and quite. Looks like a great place for a picnic and some hiking or ideal if you have a boat. Nice get away even if you just want to walk around in a peaceful area for an hour or two or you certainly could stay much longer!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have has the privilege of visiting French Creek in every season. My last trip was with 12 middle schoolers. We stayed in cabins which were great. We enjoyed sailing, frisbee golf, and orienteering. We were late for the pool and canoe rentals since we went after Labor Day. Going at that time allowed us to rent four cabins. There are many places to enjoy the quiet serenity in the fall.

2  Thank Bill F
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great place to hang out with the family, nice play ground, plenty of places to walk around, good disc golf course. Stop by for some peace and quite with nature.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

It has taken me 2 months to decide if I wanted to write this review but I feel like I have to send it out. Please be aware that the CABINS ARE INFESTED WITH BEDBUGS. I have rented the cabins before and have never had an issue but it seems like it was just luck that I haven't run into the bedbugs until this time.

I was awakened to find very large bedbugs biting me and crawling on my children. We quickly packed a few items and sought alternative lodging at 2 am. My youngest child had dozens of bites on him that took weeks to heal. We called the Manager on Duty and he did not seem surprised at all that I was complaining of the bedbugs. He stated that this is an ongoing issue with the cabins. We threw all of our bedding and the clothing that we wore to bed out ( I couldn't imagine ever using it again after what we went through). We were told that we could file a claim to help us reclaim some of the costs of our sleeping bags, pillows pajamas etc. but we were denied stating that we could not file a claim against the State of PA. (apparently there is some very old law that states the State of PA is protected of such claims). What upset us the most is that the person that denied us stated that he would never tell anyone to stay at any of the PA state Parks because they are all infested with bedbugs - WHAT??? One of the other Park Rangers that spoke with us stated that he would like to see the state burn the cabins to the ground. Why are they still renting the cabins if this is a persistent issue? Is this really a way to manage a state park?

After speaking with some other people, they have had the same issues with the cabins - one of which just had an issue this week. Please be aware of this ongoing issue and think twice before renting one of the cabins.

30  Thank Giving_advice1