The Staybridge Suites in Hot Springs was my first experiment with staying at an extended stay hotel for travel for work and I regret that I didn't start staying at them much sooner based off this experience!
The hotel is located along the "main drag" through the touristy part of Hot Springs and was just a short drive from Bathhouse Row and the other parts of the park. Access is pretty easy, but traffic was busy (there was a race at Oaklawn the night I was in town) and turning left out of the access road would have been very difficult. The hotel is situated in a nice neighborhood on what appears to be a small island or peninsula sticking out into Lake Hamilton and has beautiful views from the property and some rooms. The reception area and lobby have a very welcoming lodge-style feel and decor to them, and the staff was very friendly and addressed me by name. The property has a small fitness center, a pool, and grills with indoor and outdoor dining areas. I had what I believe is their smallest suite, a single queen studio, but it would be more than enough room for an individual or couple that are staying multiple nights. The couch also folds out into a bed, so it might even be a decent, affordable option for a family with one child. The room itself was very clean and a good mix of homey styling with modern amenities. The kitchen was small but stocked with everything you might need (other than groceries, some of which could be bought at the hotel) and had a small stove, nice microwave, and apartment sized refrigerator. There was a decent amount of cabinet space, so storing supplies for your stay shouldn't be a problem. There is no dining area in the queen studio suite, but there is a good sized desk, a serving table, and a coffee table in the living room that you could eat at. There is one flat panel TV in the room that doubles for the bed/living area, and the couch and furniture looked new and in good condition. The most impressive part of the room was the large bathroom. Granite countertops, large closet, a roomy shower/toilet area separate from the sink and closet, and plenty of storage.
But the most important part of any hotel room is the bed, and this one didn't disappoint! Although the linens weren't quite as plush as some of the Crowne Plaza hotels, they were still very nice and the mattress was extremely comfortable. I wouldn't have had any problem sleeping on this bed for multiple nights in a row.
Another nice amenity the hotel offered that I wasn't aware of was the evening reception- free snacks (the night I was there they were grilling hamburgers and had nachos and hot cheese, along with other finger foods), and free wine or beer (or soda) for two or three hours in the evening. Many other guests were partaking and it was a nice social atmosphere and a great way to relax at the end of the day.
Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and the Staybridge style of hotel. The room, amenities, and unexpected extras were very impressive for an extended stay type property in this price range. I only stayed one night, but I think it would be ideal for a multi night/week stay. In the future I would probably select a larger suite for a little more breathing room, but an individual, couple, or small family would probably be fine for a few days in the queen studio suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is the choice hotel for anyone visiting Hot Springs, AR! Whether you are here on business or leisure, we have everything you need to feel right at home and have an outstanding stay!Our hotel is located on beautiful Lake Hamilton providing some of the best in room views in the entire city! We boast the amenities that are sure to please, including: -Free Buffet Breakfast-Indoor Pool & Hot Tub-Free High Speed WiFi-Fully Stocked Kitchenettes-Business & Fitness Center-Theater Room-Free Guest Laundry-24/7 Bridgemart Convenience Store-Outdoor Patio w/ Grills-Complimentary Evening Socials Tues-ThursWe are located just seconds away from the fun and excitement of the water activities on Lake Hamilton as well as fine dining, shopping and the luxurious spas and baths of Hot Springs! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Hot Springs Hotel Hot Springs
- Hot Springs Staybridge Suites