“Awful service!!”

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Awful service!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I have heard so many great things about this hotel, so we decided to stay here. We love Hotsprings and thought this would be a great choice. We stayed and the customer service was horrible. Our room wasn't ready when it was suppose to be and the Manager was extremely rude. For the price, I would stay somewhere else! We were so disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Cindy E
Staybridge M, Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
We are very sorry to hear that you were not able to check in to your suite when expected. Were you able to contact the hotel ahead of time to arrange for a guaranteed early check in? During the summer months our hotel is extremely busy and sold out on a daily basis.

Since check out time is at 12:00 for our guests and an optional 2:00 check out for our Priority Club Members, it can get very difficult to promise to arriving guests an early check in. This is why we have a published check in time of 3:00, so that our guests have enough time to enjoy the end of their stays with us and so that our housekeepers have enough time to clean the suite to our high standards.

We are very sorry if you experienced anything but the best in guest service and we would love the chance to have you come back and give us another try. We will be sure to take extra good care of you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The Staybridge Suites in Hot Springs was my first experiment with staying at an extended stay hotel for travel for work and I regret that I didn't start staying at them much sooner based off this experience!

The hotel is located along the "main drag" through the touristy part of Hot Springs and was just a short drive from Bathhouse Row and the other parts of the park. Access is pretty easy, but traffic was busy (there was a race at Oaklawn the night I was in town) and turning left out of the access road would have been very difficult. The hotel is situated in a nice neighborhood on what appears to be a small island or peninsula sticking out into Lake Hamilton and has beautiful views from the property and some rooms. The reception area and lobby have a very welcoming lodge-style feel and decor to them, and the staff was very friendly and addressed me by name. The property has a small fitness center, a pool, and grills with indoor and outdoor dining areas. I had what I believe is their smallest suite, a single queen studio, but it would be more than enough room for an individual or couple that are staying multiple nights. The couch also folds out into a bed, so it might even be a decent, affordable option for a family with one child. The room itself was very clean and a good mix of homey styling with modern amenities. The kitchen was small but stocked with everything you might need (other than groceries, some of which could be bought at the hotel) and had a small stove, nice microwave, and apartment sized refrigerator. There was a decent amount of cabinet space, so storing supplies for your stay shouldn't be a problem. There is no dining area in the queen studio suite, but there is a good sized desk, a serving table, and a coffee table in the living room that you could eat at. There is one flat panel TV in the room that doubles for the bed/living area, and the couch and furniture looked new and in good condition. The most impressive part of the room was the large bathroom. Granite countertops, large closet, a roomy shower/toilet area separate from the sink and closet, and plenty of storage.

But the most important part of any hotel room is the bed, and this one didn't disappoint! Although the linens weren't quite as plush as some of the Crowne Plaza hotels, they were still very nice and the mattress was extremely comfortable. I wouldn't have had any problem sleeping on this bed for multiple nights in a row.

Another nice amenity the hotel offered that I wasn't aware of was the evening reception- free snacks (the night I was there they were grilling hamburgers and had nachos and hot cheese, along with other finger foods), and free wine or beer (or soda) for two or three hours in the evening. Many other guests were partaking and it was a nice social atmosphere and a great way to relax at the end of the day.

Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and the Staybridge style of hotel. The room, amenities, and unexpected extras were very impressive for an extended stay type property in this price range. I only stayed one night, but I think it would be ideal for a multi night/week stay. In the future I would probably select a larger suite for a little more breathing room, but an individual, couple, or small family would probably be fine for a few days in the queen studio suite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake and enjoy opening your curtains!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank thewizard16
Little Rock
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I read Megan 360 comment and can I just say it was not helpful at all and also not true for our stay. Every single worker at the staybridge property was very accomidating and always had a smile on and was willing to help with whatever our request was. I even had to change my arrival date twice and they were very pleasent about moving the arrival date for me. The only thing I have to say is this is one of the best hotels very clean, comfortable and the staff are amazing. I loved it and I travel often so I am a hotel critic and they were beyond amazing!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hope0528
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 August 2011

A group of friends booked a room at Staybridge Suites but needed to reschedule due to someone not being able to attend. We were told over the phone that was no problem and had the room booked for the following weekend. Upon arrival, the front desk girl (and then general manger) told us we lost our reservations as "no shows" from the weekend before and were out of luck. Not sure who's "fault" it was, but we lost not only our money but our entire weekend stay in Hot Springs. I am a frequent traveler and have never come across a less accommodating hotel... Most people try and work with you however they can- but this place has no tolerance and obviously just doesn't care. Last place we'll ever look to stay again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank megan360
Dequincy, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Definitely do not recommend this hotel. Room reeked of air freshner, there was hair left on the shower floor, the pool water was cloudy and had hair and other debris floating around, the hot tub was fizzing like alka-seltzer, which I assume was from too much chemical since it faded the t-shirt my husband was wearing, & the bed was very hard and most uncomfortable. Also housekeeping was knocking on the door about 2 hours before checkout time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JTSN11
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize that you had an unpleasant experience in our pool room. For our guest convenience and safety we do provide a plaque in our pool room listing rules and regulations for pool and spa use, one of which being to not wear any valuable clothing or jewelry into the pool or spa as the bromine may cause discoloration.

Regarding the cleanliness issue that you reported regarding the pool and hot tub, we unfortunately had a filter that went out in our pool that had to be replaced. We deeply apologize for that but we do now have everything well maintained and operational.
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Our children attend camp near Hot Springs and we've stayed in several area hotels/motels. This by far is the best. New, clean, comfortable with wonderful views and great location. Worth the money

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2boysmomTX
West Memphis
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We made our reservations several weeks in advance. I called back several days before our arrival to let them know it would be late when we checked in that night and asked for the total amount due because I would be paying with cash. We arrived approx. 10pm that night. The room had been reserved with our debit card and only one night was approved because our card was rejecting the full amount due (we paid bills before we left). I told the front desk guy I was paying with cash. Because he ran the amount for one night, that tied that amount up on our debit card. In the end it all worked out.

The rooms are very nice. Ours did not have that round table and chairs you see in the photos posted on this site. The kitchen was furnished with the basics, including pots and pans, microwave, fridge with icemaker, 2 burner stove top, dishes and silverware for 2, dishwasher. The bed was extremely hard, so if you want a soft, plush bed, this isn't the place to stay. We were never bothered by any noise. The room was very clean. We chose this place because they do accept pets for an extra $75.00 charge. And there really isn't much grassy area for them, so you have to make due. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Every morning they serve breakfast, which we ate. They have a crock pot with sausage gravy, fruits, biscuits, breads, bagels, scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, makings for waffles, coffees and juices. That's all I can remember. It wasn't bad. You really do need to get there early because seating is limited and the food area is small and with alot of people trying to get food at once, its tight.

We did see a Theater room you can reserve for your family to watch your own DVD's on. There is a gym and in the back of that is a laundry area - all free to use. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. They also have a computer room with 2 computers with internet and a printer that's free to use.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family