“Great value for families” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Hot Springs

Staybridge Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great value for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed here Labor Day weekend in 1 bedroom suite. It didn't have as much space as other 1 bedroom hotels I've stayed in before like Residence Inn or Homewood Suites but since these hotels aren't available in Hot Springs this one will work. I enjoy the separate living spaces and full size kitchens, makes it great for families with children! The indoor pool was great! It doesn't have a hot tub for the adults which would be nice though. Breakfast each morning was nice, plenty of options on the breakfast bar. Seating is pretty limited so we had to get down for breakfast when they first opened in order to get a seat. I'm sure on non holiday weekends the hotel wouldn't be as packed. Overall this is a clean, nice hotel that works well for families! This was my first time to Hot Springs so I didn't realize how spread out the town was. My only complaint was this hotel is 10 mins from historical district downtown, good news it's near the lake that can be seen from this hotel. If you want to stay in the historical district you'll probably have to choose the Arlington or maybe Embassy. Otherwise most of the chain hotels are out going toward the lake and near the mall/shopping. We did a lot of driving back and forth to downtown the weekend we were there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cassbella
Staybridge S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel in Hot Springs, AR!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope the next time you are in our area you stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Comfortable room, pleasant staff. Good breakfast and good after work activities. I would recommend this for anyone who has an extended stay in Hot Springs. Only negative, the entrance and access to the parking lot - larger vehicles will have to turn slowly & carefully to make the turn into the lot.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gt2c
Staybridge S, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our hotel in Hot Springs, AR! We are happy to hear you had a great time at our property. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Hot Springs area!
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The hotel shows lake views, which is true from the odd numbered rooms. You can see the lake, but you cannot go to the lake from this hotel. The lake is surrounded by private homes, some hotels with lake access, and some lake related businesses, lake front restaurants, boat rental companies, etc. This lake does NOT have a park for public access. I was very disappointed by this, I assumed by the photos that it would have access, but I didn't do my homework.......

Since I am on this vein, I will continue. The entrances to this hotel from the north on Central Ave are very tricky. The entrances are unmarked; the first one (before the hotel) is preferable because it has a turn lane, you have to circle the hotel; the second entrance has no turn lane and it is in a place where Central narrows, and it is a blind turn due to the upward slope of the road. Good luck on a busy night in the dark.

Our other minor complaints are that the windows do not open, the AC for the room above up us dripped hitting our window and AC, you could clearly hear this while in bed. Finally, the bed squeaked every time you moved. The internet is NOT high speed.

This hotel looks very new and well maintained. Everything in the hotel and our room was spotlessly clean. The staff was very professional, friendly, and helpful. The complementary breakfast was good. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I was in Room 311, the view of the lake was very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd side have a view of the lake, top floor better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allchargedup1949
Staybridge S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your lakeview from your room. I apologize that you thought our hotel had lake access from the photos you saw online. Lake Hamilton does have public access but it is about a 15 minute drive from us.
I do agree that our entrances are very tricky and the first entrance before the curve is definitely the best entrance with Hwy 7 being so busy. We are currently working with the city to have a marked drive. I apologize you could hear the AC above you dripping onto your window at night as well as the bed squeaking. I will have maintenance take a look at that bed right away. We have also doubled the speed of our internet within the last week.
I am very pleased that everything was spotlessly clean and our staff was professional, friendly, and helpful!
We hope the next time you come to our area you stay with us again and hopefully that time you will give us 5 stars! We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Booked my stay through Priceline. Before I booked, I called the front desk and asked if they had double rooms available, and if I booked it through Priceline, if it would be a problem to go from one queen to two doubles. I was told there were plenty available, and not a problem to switch as long as they are still available when I check in. I called after I booked/paid priceline and requested double beds and early check in. I was told again it was not a problem. I arrive, and the manager, Kristin Gansky, tells me it will be an extra charge if I want double beds. I told her that I had spoken to someone at the front desk who said it would not be a problem and never mentioned a charge. She wanted a name - since I couldn't provide her with the exact name of the person I spoke to, she said there wasn't anything she could do. She was frustrated with my third party reservation and rate, said she disliked Priceline, and wished her hotel did not do business with them. I pushed a bit more, explaining how upset I was, but she did not seem to be concerned about accountability from upper management or getting a possible bad review (which I am spending part of my vacation writing because I'm so upset). I have talked to guest relations who have given me a case number and have said they will refund my money after I complete my stay, but what a hassle, especially when you don't get many vacations. So many other places to stay, I'd suggest giving your business to someone who appreciates it enough to want to keep you coming back - that is not the goal of this manager. As far as the room, it does have a good view of the lake, but not as great as some of the reviews I read - headboard is dirty with drip marks from who knows what, couch has a smear of some sort on it, and the furniture is chipped and banged up. I'm sure she didn't put me in the best available though. What a disappointing stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Criss C
Staybridge S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of our vacation to write a review about the horrible experience you experienced at Staybridge Suites in Hot Springs, AR.
When you booked through PRICELINE-Your confirmation states "All rooms will accomodate up to 2 people. Requests for bed types should be requested through your confirmed hotel and cannot be guaranteed by Priceline." The night that you called, our front desk agents were busy so they transferred you to our Central Reservations Office. Central Reservations Office did in fact tell you you could change to double beds if they were available when you checked in. I apologize that they did not look into your reservation to tell you that the hotel and/or central reservations are not allowed to make any changes to Priceline reservations. All changes to reservations has to go through Priceline.
The one bedroom with 2 full size beds is almost double the size of the room you had originally booked which is the reason for the upgrade fee. Normal upgrade fee is $60.00 but I did do it for $30.00 for you since you were not aware of the upgrade fee from the beginning.
At Staybridge, we strive to please each and every one of our guests and we hate that you had a bad experience at our hotel.
We hope the next time you book another hotel that you will book through the hotel directly instead of using a third party site so you know which room type you booked and that room will be guaranteed at your arrival to the hotel.
The view you had in your room was one of the best views we have at our hotel. We hope you enjoyed it.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just wanted to say after a 13 day stay, service was just as good as day 1! Definitely will stay here again! Spacious, clean rooms, comfy beds, and three nightly meals...Tues-Thurs. One special feature I have never had before in a hotel was a movie theatre all to yourself-bring your own DVD:-)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Sarah-Linda B
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our one of a kind movie theater!
We hope to see you again soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our 10th anniversary trip to Hot Springs. We stayed in a Suite because of special diet needs that required a kitchen. The kitchenette was perfect for a short trip (no oven). Our room had a lakeside view and it appeared as if most rooms would have a view of the water from the hotel's orientation next to the nearby bodies of water. The amenities were wonderful. It had a hot breakfast buffet, indoor pool, free laundry on top of the nicely designed suite. We enjoyed every aspect of our stay in this hotel. As an added bonus, we were able to watch the holiday fireworks from our suite (never walked outside). Though it wasn't in downtown, the hotel was close to other Hot Springs attractions like the Belle of Hot Springs (practically across the street).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol F
We are glad you enjoyed your stay as well as the kitchennette to make your dieting needs easier while traveling.
The view of the lake is definitely breath-taking! We hope you enjoyed the fireworks show from your room! Not all of our rooms have lakeviews.
Is there something we could have done to receive 5 stars from you? We really strive for 5 stars from every guest!
We hope to see you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here in celebration of Our Mothers 89th Birthday and she and the entired family was in awe. The rooms were roomy the beds were comfortable. We gave our Mom the King Bed in the suite and she was in heaven.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the lake and the highter the floor the better the views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad your family came to stay with us for your mothers 89th birthday! We are pleased to hear she enjoyed her king suite!
We hope to see your family again soon!