“Two Bedroom/Two Bath Weekend Stay”

Staybridge Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Northern Mississippi
“Two Bedroom/Two Bath Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was our first experience with Staybridge Suites and were very pleased. Typically, we are Marriott or Hilton travelers. However, we selected this IHG property due to the availability of a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit to accommodate our family for a three night stay. The layout was perfect for us. One bedroom had a king bed, the other had two double beds, and their was a small living area and nicely appointed kitchen in the center. They have free on-site guest laundry (which we used) adjacent to the fitness center and indoor pool. All of the employees - front desk, housekeeping, breakfast buffet - were incredibly nice and helpful. Although there is limited seating at breakfast time, we discovered that we could request a tray and just take it up to our room. Food was delicious and there was a nice variety. If you luck up and find breakfast pizza available, snap it up, because it goes quickly.

My only disappointment was that they did not have a library of movies to use in their theater room. Plan on taking your own movies to watch.

Room Tip: The one small elevator is incredibly slow. If you are in a rush, request a lower floor or one near...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MBAmom
Staybridge S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in Hot Springs, AR!
We are glad you chose our hotel for your family to stay.
Unfortunately, we cannot have a library for the theater room because it is copyrighted.
We hope the next time you are in the Hot Springs area, you will choose to stay at our hotel again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Paragould, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. My family went down for a weekend getaway and had a excellent time. The room was beautiful and the bed was comfortable. I can see how some guests may complain about the size of the room, but we did not mind. Our favorite part about our stay was the theater room. Our children thought it was the most awesome thing ever, as we told them that we had rented out a movie theater just for us :)

We are definitely looking forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Use the theater room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie O
StaybridgeHotSprings, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant time during your stay at our beautiful hotel. One of our most unique amenities we offer is our Theater room, I am very excited that you were able to utilize this amenity with your family. We can't wait to have you and yours stay with us again on your next trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas!
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I normally love Staybridge, but this place has multiple issues, so I'm just going to list them:

1. The sheets on my bed were scratchy and had an obvious hole in them! Ridiculous! How could this have not been seen by housekeeping?

2. I had the misfortune of having the A/C unit in a locked closet in my bedroom, which made a HUGE clicking sound every time it kicked on. Yeah, that's relaxing.

3. While flipping through channels on the TV in the living room, every once in awhile, the TV in my bedroom would randomly come on! After the third time this happened, I unplugged the one in the bedroom. Freaky.

4. The wifi is terrible - ungodly slow to the point where I finally turned it off and just used 3G on my phone.

5. The doors would not close in my bedroom whenever the A/C was on. I had to force them shut with my shoes. Plus there's a crack between them where light shines in.

6. What is the point of having an ice maker that only spits out two cubes an hour? Plus, there's no ice bucket to get ice out of the one ice machine in the whole place.

7. The living room furniture is all jam-packed together. Had we not moved the chair, whoever would have sat in it in its original location would have had to climb over everyone to get in and out.

8. The shower in the second bedroom did not work. Again, how can housekeeping not know this??

This place is beautiful on the outside but that's probably the only good thing about it.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank GetMeOuttaThisTown
Staybridge S, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Staybridge Suites in Hot Springs Arkansas. First, I would like to genuinely apologize that your experience with our hotel was less than fantastic. I would really like to speak with you directly so I can find out what room number you were in so that we can tackle these maintenance and housekeeping issues promptly. I have already placed an order for new sheets to come in so that these can be changed out and I appreciate you informing me of this issue and yes you are correct we should have noticed this before a guest stayed in that room and we have had a housekeeping meeting since so that they are communicating to us better. I have also contacted our internet supporter about the internet lagging. They reset our router and the internet is much faster. I will be sending you a private message to discuss this further and so we can make sure that all issues brought to our attention are taken care of. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Hot Springs Arkansas. We take our guest reviews very seriously and tackle any and all issues immediately. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can make our hotel the hotel of choice in Hot Springs Arkansas!
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I loved the location by the lake a lil bit away from th city. More quite not so many people every where. Rooms were clean but the wifi here doesn't work well. it was far enough from town to have peace but close enough to enjoy a day downtown. The breakfast was yummy not a huge selection but it was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank sumwil
Staybridge S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel in Hot Springs, AR!
We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and the location of our hotel.
I apologize you were having issues staying connected to our internet. Please feel free to give me a call at 501-525-6500 to further discuss this issue.
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I spent one night for business at staybridge. Due to the excellent customer service, price, social hour (drinks, dinner, breakfast) all complimentary, location, cleanliness...

I can't say enough good things. I will be back!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aaron M
Staybridge S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel in Hot Springs, AR!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to see you again!
Illinois
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We've stayed in our share of other Staybridge hotels, but this one has the smallest living/kitchen space we've ever experienced. We had a 2-bedroom unit and I can't comprehend how they expect people to be able to maneuver in that tiny space! We thought breakfast was pretty mediocre for this brand, too. We spent the rest of our visit in another hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MsCheap1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in Hot Springs, AR.
I apologize you were not satisfied with your stay with us. IHG has brand standards for the dimensions of the rooms for each Staybridge. I apologize our rooms appeared to be smaller in size than other Staybridge Suites.
We hope you give us another chance the next time you are in our area.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 October 2013

It was my experience with the STAYBRIDGE SUITES HOT SPRINGS, that they will charge an unreasonable and unfair fee for disregarding the rule on smoking.

In my case, the staff have charged my credit card multiple times this unreasonable fee.

I would like to suggest to this property, that a sign be prominently displayed of fees to be applied. Giving the quest the knowledge of what to expect if rule is disregarded.

This was my first time stay. Not, a good experience.

Room Tip: Always ask about fees.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Valda M
I apologize you were not aware of the smoking charge. However, at check in, you have to sign a registration card stating that we are 100% non-smoking and that if you smoke in a room, you will be charged a $200.00 smoking fee plus tax.
If you feel that we have made an error, please feel free to contact me at 501-525-6500.