“Second stay was even better!”

Staybridge Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Hot Springs again! Anytime that I am in the area this is the only hotel I will stay at. I was pleasantly surprised that the staff that was there my last stay was STILL there! I travel a lot and it is so nice to see the same faces at a place you call your temporary home. Everyone there is so friendly and they remembered me staying there the previous year also something that almost NEVER happens. The breakfast was amazing, the evening social was wonderful! I can't say enough about this place. I even started looking online for other staybridges just because my experience here has been so great! I will be coming back soon for the horse races!

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge S, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in Hot Springs, AR!
We do realize how pleasing it is to have the same employees when you come time and time again. Our staff is absolutely WONDERFUL and we are very pleased with each and every one of them. They are very valuable to us.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I'm very hard to please when it comes to traveling and hotels. I have stayed at the Arlington and was not impressed as it was badly in need of an update. The Staybridge had a nice staff with clean modern rooms. Very homey. It had a microwave, refrigerator, stove, utensils, plates etc, as well as many other nice touches. It was great to go to dinner and be able to take your unfinished food back to the hotel for later. Who wants to pay a lot of money for a delicious steak ( Back Porch Grill) and throw it away if you can't finish it?
A good breakfast was served also. Not fantastic but breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day. The other party traveling with us thought it was great. The fact that's its complimentary was nice also. Close to the horse races and many restaurants. The only downside was, there is no hot tub but the pool and exercise room are nice. If you don't want to pay Hilton or Embassy prices, this is the place. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly M
Staybridge S, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you so much for letting us know that not only did you enjoy your stay with us but you were so pleased with your stay that you took your time to write a review for our property. We try to make sure that our suites make you feel as if you are at a home away from home by having a lot of the same amenities as you would at your own house. We hope to see you on your next visit to Hot Springs, AR!

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

The room was very nice. Price was very reasonable. Customer service people were very nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Shower was nice and clean. Has a fridge, micro, cooktop, and dishwasher. We stopped in on a whim, and just stayed overnight, but we plan to stay here from now on.

Stayed: January 2014
Staybridge S, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our hotel in Hot Springs, AR! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our property! We look forward to seeing you at our hotel next time you are in the Hot Springs area!!

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We were impressed with the low price, but even more so that it was so clean and new, included full breakfast and a kitchen.

When we opened the door to our room, we were blown away by the view! The lake and mountains were a major welcome. The fridge was large enough to have cooked all weekend. The sofa bed/queen room was great for our family of four with two tall boys (age 7 & 10).

We stayed in December and used the indoor pool (which has an amazing view in the daytime of the lake and mountains). It was warm enough. Keep swimming to stay warm, and the end with the light (5 ft) is warmer. At the shallow end, it's 3 ft with stairs.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Beja F
Staybridge S, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay while at our property in Hot Springs, AR! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I'm a regular user of IHG's various hotels including the Holiday Inns, Candlewood Suites, and for the first time the Staybridge Hotel from November 27-30, 2013. First off, my reservation somehow got moved to the week before, and I was charged one night. Luckily I caught it on my CC statement, and called the hotel before getting billed another night. I contacted the Staybridge staff at the hotel, was told they couldn't help me, and was transferred to another person who also couldn't help me. I was then transferred to IHG, they took my information as well as giving me a Case Number (41971872) and that I would be contacted by phone or e-mail in 2 days. Well, it's been 12 days and counting...

Arrived at hotel the evening of November 27th, and while checking in I mentioned the reservation mix-up. The person behind the counter was familiar with the situation, and remarked that he hoped I got some resolution... Really?

During the check-in, they didn't acknowledge I was a Platinum Member, didn't provide the customary "goodie" bag, had my reservation dates wrong, as well as my IHG Points were incorrect due to a "new employee" they were training. Really?

Made it through the process and went to the room. Compared to other hotels, including IHG, this room is a cracker box. They took the minimum amount of space needed to create a room with a mini-kitchen, and stuffed it into a smaller than normal regular room. To get to the window side of the bed, you have to turn your body sideways to move past the bed corner and the tv stand and I'm 5'10" and 192lbs, muscular build.

The bed itself was hard and uncomfortable. The pillows were barely passable. I do have to say that the linens and blankets were pretty nice.

The bathroom area is split with one area containing the bathroom vanity and the closet, and the other has the toilet and shower. The vanity area is small and if there's more than one person in your party, there's no room to spread out. The closet has plenty of room and was nicely laid out.

The toilet and shower area are VERY small. To close the door to the bathroom, you have to step into the room, squeeze yourself around the far side of the toilet to the point that you're up against the sliding shower door, close the door, and then do what you're going to do. We finally gave up on squeezing, and left the shower door open and went into the shower to close the bathroom door. Really?

We also had mixed results with the cleaning staff. On Friday morning, the cleaning staff knocked on the door, I told whomever was at the door that we were still sleeping. So what does the cleaning staff do? They unload the vacume cleaner and vac right outside our door for 30 seconds in the small entry area, and then leave. The hallway is 70' long, and they just happend to pick the area in front of our door? Really?

Once the cleaning staff came into the room while we were gone, they did a very nice job straightening up the entire room.

If you do stay here, make sure you request a room that is on the backside. We were given a room that faces the lake, but also faced the multi-lane highway and were greeted with road noise and at least two emergency vehicles with their sirens on every night.

There's plenty of parking, as well as many security cameras and lighting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Staybridge S, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on our property as well as being loyal to our IHG hotels. I am so sorry to hear about the confusion of your reservation date of stay. When the reservation is made through IHG call center or is reserved online we have to transfer the guest to the appropriate person to handle the reservation error. If you would like to further discuss this situation with our corporate office please feel free to contact them at 1-800-238-8000 and reference the case number that you were provided.

I do apologize that you were not acknowledged as a Platinum Member at check in. Every hotel has different ways to recognize their members. Here at our hotel we have a draw to add additional points to your account. The points vary from 250-1000 points. As a sign of apology we are crediting your IHG reward membership 5,000 points. Since every hotel has a different acknowledgement in place, IHG is enforcing a standard check in goodie bag with trail mix and water or the option for 500 points to Platinum members. With the amount of points being incorrect are you referring to the points that were written on your key packet? If so if you have recently stayed at an IHG property it does take 5-7 business days to reflect on your account.

We have various room types available to our guest. The room that you stayed in is our smallest suite and is made for an on-the-go person that also offers the amenities of a full kitchenette. The next time that you stay at our property we would love to offer you an upgraded room that has much larger accommodations.

Thank you for letting us know about our beds and pillows as a result of this review we are looking into getting a new mattress as well as pillows for that room. We are also updating all the linens and blankets in the room at the beginning of the New Year. We do this so our guest are always comfortable as well as come into a fresh looking room that reminds them of home and not just another hotel.

Thank you for also sharing your concerns with our cleaning staff. We will be addressing this in our next meeting with our staff on December the 10th to make sure that this does not happen for future stays. Our cleaning staff are very thorough. We will adjust their times for vacuuming hallways so our guests are not disturbed while sleeping.

We love for our guest to feel warm and safe while staying at our property so we make it a priority to have several lights in our parking lot as well as security cameras.

We hope that the next time you visit Hot Springs, AR that we meet and exceed all expectations for your stay! Please feel free to contact the front desk at any time for future reservations to make sure that you were reserved the correct accommodations, if you reserve your room online.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I would stay again but the bathroom had a urine smell to it so I kept on spraying air freshener. Bed might need to be replace was it was very squeaky every little movement.. Breakfast was fabulous alot of variety

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Staybridge S, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our hotel in Hot Springs, AR! We apologize for the inconveniences you had while at our property. Hopefully next time you are in the area you can give us a second chance and 5 stars.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This was a great room! It was actually a one bedroom suite with a separate kitchen an living room, very spacious! We stayed on the 3rd floor and had no noise from other guests at all. They also had the best breakfast of any hotel we have been to. Really liked the home theatre room. Got a movie from Redbox and watched it here. Will definitely come back here when staying in Hot Springs!!

Stayed: November 2013
Staybridge S, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our property! I am so glad that you enjoyed your room and how spacious it was. We have recently revamped our breakfast as well as our social items earlier this year and we are pleased to hear that you loved our revisionns as well as getting to take advantage of our just like home theater room! We can't wait to see you on your next visit to Hot Springs, AR!