“great property and staff...way to go Staybridge...again!”

Staybridge Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel is typical of this chains quest to provide a level of comfort that is comparable to being 'home' away from home. Dvd player, beautiful flatscreens with great programming, clean facility and staff that asked after its guests often and are just fun to be around. Wifi signal was strong and FREE...the way it should be at ALL hotels...super breakfast and the Sundowner meals during the week are a great way to meet other guests, refresh with a cold one and grab a bite without leaving the hotel. I love Staybridge and this one, located a few miles out of Hot springs, came replete with a great view of the lakes that was a pure joy to relax with...I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hivelozity

Reviewed 27 September 2010

I do not usually write a review after staying ANYWHERE just because I am way too busy, but I feel as though Staybridge deserves such wonderful recognition. My friends and I just stayed there this past weekend for a bachelorette party. My friends and I got into an accident by a hit and run driver on our way down to Hot Springs coming from Harrison. We were already running behind being that the bachelorette had her wedding shower that same day and it ran over into our time frame for leaving and heading down to Hot Springs. I called when we were at the scene of the accident which was by this time around 9 p.m. and informed a nice lady on the phone that we would be arriving late and she completely understood and put in our request. After a few more incidents, we had to just finally stop in Little Rock on our way to eat because it was already 10 p.m. We ate at Red Lobster which took an hour and a half because all of their employees wanted to go home (I used to be a waitress, so I couldn't blame them, but it did put us even more behind schedule). Needless to say, it was 1:30 a.m. by the time we got into Hot Springs at Staybridge. The lights were dim in the lobby and the inside sliding doors were closed. All we wanted to do was get into bed even though our plans had been to hit the town which clearly could not happen at 2 in the morning. I used the inside phone to get through to the front desk to unlock the inside doors but no one answered. I almost started to panic when a young man (I wish I could remember his name) answered the phone and apologized and said "come right in." I felt so bad that we were so late, but he was so kind and so helpful with everything. We had reserved a suite with one queen bed and two double beds. We got up to our room and it was like a breath of fresh air walking into such a great suite after the horrible evening we had. When we first got to the hotel, we were absolutely worn out...but after settling into our room, we were able to celebrate a little with the bachelorette and actually had a few hours of fun before crashing. Also, I was kind of worried about the hotel being too far out, but NO, it is a GREAT location - minutes from the mall and restaurants!! Thanks so much Staybridge and wonderful front desk guy for a pleasant end to a bad dream that I thought was never going to end. I will definitely be booking my stay here when staying in Hot Springs in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank apriest1987
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I enjoyed our stay at this hotel, we had a 2 bedroom suite, and each bedroom had its own bathroom, which was great. The kitchen was well supplied.

Breakfast was supplied and was lovely. The handy thing also was that the hotel supplied a complimentary laundry facilities and a business centre.

There was a lovely pool & nice outdoor seating area.

I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights - we had a 2 bedroom suite. It was perfect!! The hotel is very modern and clean - it had laundry facilities and good pool and fitness centre. It also had free WiFi which was great! I just cannot fault this hotel - it was a most memorable stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2010

My son and I took a three week road trip. I made a two night reservation on-line for Staybridge months ahead of our stay. When we got to Hot Springs, we decided that we'd rather stay just for one night instead of two. I was aware of the policy of no refund but decided to ask at the desk anyway, because we had experienced the same situation earlier in our travels, and that hotel waived their policy and accommodated a cancellation. I specifically asked the person at the front desk that,if there was not a penalty, I'd like to cancel the second night. He went ahead and cancelled the second night. However, when I checked out in the morning, the charge for a second night was still on the bill. I talked with the manager, who told me that "as you know, when you book on-line, you've already paid." When I asked her about honoring an employee's actions, she told me she would need to call the person. We did decide to stay due to the cost of the room. I asked for another room, since our headboard and blanket were dirty. To make a long story short, we had a dirty room, and the staff was very unaccommodating with a bit of attitude. Won't be staying at a Staybridge again!

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Traveler2wherever
StaybridgeHotSprings, Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2010

Unfortunately, the guest who wrote the above review was confused. When making an advanced purchase reservation online, like the guest did, you must agree twice to the rules and regulations of the reservation being nonchangeable and nonrefundable, due to the lower rate you are getting in return.

When speaking to our agent at the front desk, our agent was under the impression that the guest wanted to stay an additonal night but was not sure and wanted to know if they would be charged for it. Our agent correctly informed them no, they would not, since it was outside of their advanced purchase reservation.

The guest did not talk to management before leaving, since I am the General Manager and I was never approached by this guest until after they had left the hotel.

Reviewed 14 June 2010

The hotel is very new, so you would think it would be very clean right. Wrong. We got a one bedroom suite. The kitchen are had tile floors that when you walked on them seemed sticky. I thought the tiles were variegated in color and sometime with rubber sole shoes tile can feel different. Same in the bathroom. First day we didn't get our room cleaned till 5 in the afternoon. The rest of the time it was clean when we got back to our room. The second day I really looked at the floor in the kitchen and it wasn't variegated tile it was just dirty. So dirty they could not have cleaned it for months. Same in the bathroom. I didn't say anything because we were leaving anyway, but I should have told the Manager. All in all the stay at the hotel was nice but not a very clean suite.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank none85
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My husband & I went to Hot Springs for just an overnight getaway from Shreveport. After reading TripAdvisor recommendations, I made online reservations at the Staybridge Suites. About 3 weeks after making the reservation & one week before our stay, I noticed that the online rate had gone down by $20. I called the 800# for Staybridge & their rep very cheerfully changed my rate to the new lower one. So, I had a good opinion before even arriving in Hot Springs.
We arrived at noon (3 hours before check-in time) but our room was ready, & they were happy to have us check in early. The staff person was very nice and helpful. I asked her where we might get a sandwich for lunch. She recommended San Francisco Bread Company a few miles down Hwy 7, gave us a brochure with a map and told us directions. (And, by the way, the sandwiches & cheesecake there were wonderful!) We then went & walked through Garvan Gardens, which was very nice. I'd love to go again when the temperature is not in the mid-90's.
Our queen room at Staybridge was very nice. It had a full kitchenette, a desk and sofa, and a nice bathroom. I always like it when a hotel room has the sink and vanity portion of the bathroom outside of the toilet/tub room. It makes getting ready so much easier. The room did not have a tub, just a nice big shower. This was fine for us, but I know when our kids travel with our grandchildren, they do like to have a tub. So you may want to ask if any rooms have tubs if that is something you need. We had a partial view of the lake. We swam in the pool & were the only ones in it. It was very nice. Also used the spa tub at the pool & it was great, too.
We had dinner at Fisherman's Wharf, which was I think less than a mile from the hotel right across the bridge. We had eaten here last year, and found it to be delicious both times. It's very popular, though, so you need to arrive early and be prepared for a wait for a table.
Back to the hotel...there was a card on the bed expressing the comfort & selection of pillows that were in the room. There were even 2 down pillows in zippered bags in the closet. Of the 6 pillows, I couldn't find one that was comfortable for me at all. I had a difficult time falling asleep because of that. The bed, however, I found to be very comfortable. I can see how this hotel could be noisy. We were on the 3rd floor, and could hear kids running above us several times. It didn't last long & it wasn't late in the night when it happened. But it might be wise to ask for a 4th floor room (as high as it goes) so you won't hear noise from above you. Plus, you'd have an even better lake view.
Another small negative for me (nitpicky, I know!) was the texture of the bath towels. They were kind of thin, but with a pebbly sort of texture. They weren't very absorbent & sort of irritated my skin trying to get dry. It's a small thing, I know, Staybridge, but I really prefer a nice big fluffy absorbent bath towel, please.
The breakfast buffet on Sunday (included with the room) was very nice. There were nicely cooked scrambled eggs, sausage patties & biscuits, along with regular muffins, bagels and cereal. We found plenty of food available, but it was Sunday and we were early. Orange juice was good. But the coffee really topped it off! It was Wolfgang Puck brand & they had a variety of flavored creamers for it. Yum!
The Staybridge had free wi-fi, which connected very easily.

Okay, to review...I would love to stay at this hotel again in a fourth floor room, with my own pillow (& possibly bath towel!) from home.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple