“Nice facility with room for improvement”

Staybridge Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Ohio
“Nice facility with room for improvement”
Reviewed 1 October 2010

The location of the hotel is very nice; our room had a view of Lake Hamilton from both the living room and bedroom windows. It seemed to be fairly new. The decor was recent Staybridge issue, which I like. The queen conference suite had a nice living room arrangement that was comfortable for reading the paper or watching television, and a round table with four comfortable chairs. It would have been more convenient to have the desk in the living room rather than the bedroom, but you can use the table as a desk. Check-in and out were smooth. The downside: the elevator floors were dirty -- large black spots -- throughout our entire stay. One of the washers and one of the dryers in the laundry room were broken, which was a bit of an issue because the all of the remaining washers and dryers were full all evening. Someone else's hair was on the first towel we used. Breakfast, both quality and selection, was not up to the standards of the other Staybridge properties in which I have stayed recently. There was no morning paper, and when I asked at the desk, the clerk unconcerned said "if there aren't any in the breakfast room I guess we ran out." There was no hot water in the breakfast room, and the attendant spent the entire time I was at breakfast using the internet in the business center. So it's a nice place and I would gve it another try, but they have some things to work on.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Midwest
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel is typical of this chains quest to provide a level of comfort that is comparable to being 'home' away from home. Dvd player, beautiful flatscreens with great programming, clean facility and staff that asked after its guests often and are just fun to be around. Wifi signal was strong and FREE...the way it should be at ALL hotels...super breakfast and the Sundowner meals during the week are a great way to meet other guests, refresh with a cold one and grab a bite without leaving the hotel. I love Staybridge and this one, located a few miles out of Hot springs, came replete with a great view of the lakes that was a pure joy to relax with...I will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank hivelozity
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I do not usually write a review after staying ANYWHERE just because I am way too busy, but I feel as though Staybridge deserves such wonderful recognition. My friends and I just stayed there this past weekend for a bachelorette party. My friends and I got into an accident by a hit and run driver on our way down to Hot Springs coming from Harrison. We were already running behind being that the bachelorette had her wedding shower that same day and it ran over into our time frame for leaving and heading down to Hot Springs. I called when we were at the scene of the accident which was by this time around 9 p.m. and informed a nice lady on the phone that we would be arriving late and she completely understood and put in our request. After a few more incidents, we had to just finally stop in Little Rock on our way to eat because it was already 10 p.m. We ate at Red Lobster which took an hour and a half because all of their employees wanted to go home (I used to be a waitress, so I couldn't blame them, but it did put us even more behind schedule). Needless to say, it was 1:30 a.m. by the time we got into Hot Springs at Staybridge. The lights were dim in the lobby and the inside sliding doors were closed. All we wanted to do was get into bed even though our plans had been to hit the town which clearly could not happen at 2 in the morning. I used the inside phone to get through to the front desk to unlock the inside doors but no one answered. I almost started to panic when a young man (I wish I could remember his name) answered the phone and apologized and said "come right in." I felt so bad that we were so late, but he was so kind and so helpful with everything. We had reserved a suite with one queen bed and two double beds. We got up to our room and it was like a breath of fresh air walking into such a great suite after the horrible evening we had. When we first got to the hotel, we were absolutely worn out...but after settling into our room, we were able to celebrate a little with the bachelorette and actually had a few hours of fun before crashing. Also, I was kind of worried about the hotel being too far out, but NO, it is a GREAT location - minutes from the mall and restaurants!! Thanks so much Staybridge and wonderful front desk guy for a pleasant end to a bad dream that I thought was never going to end. I will definitely be booking my stay here when staying in Hot Springs in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank apriest1987
Ireland
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I enjoyed our stay at this hotel, we had a 2 bedroom suite, and each bedroom had its own bathroom, which was great. The kitchen was well supplied.

Breakfast was supplied and was lovely. The handy thing also was that the hotel supplied a complimentary laundry facilities and a business centre.

There was a lovely pool & nice outdoor seating area.

I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Eire
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights - we had a 2 bedroom suite. It was perfect!! The hotel is very modern and clean - it had laundry facilities and good pool and fitness centre. It also had free WiFi which was great! I just cannot fault this hotel - it was a most memorable stay!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 July 2010

My son and I took a three week road trip. I made a two night reservation on-line for Staybridge months ahead of our stay. When we got to Hot Springs, we decided that we'd rather stay just for one night instead of two. I was aware of the policy of no refund but decided to ask at the desk anyway, because we had experienced the same situation earlier in our travels, and that hotel waived their policy and accommodated a cancellation. I specifically asked the person at the front desk that,if there was not a penalty, I'd like to cancel the second night. He went ahead and cancelled the second night. However, when I checked out in the morning, the charge for a second night was still on the bill. I talked with the manager, who told me that "as you know, when you book on-line, you've already paid." When I asked her about honoring an employee's actions, she told me she would need to call the person. We did decide to stay due to the cost of the room. I asked for another room, since our headboard and blanket were dirty. To make a long story short, we had a dirty room, and the staff was very unaccommodating with a bit of attitude. Won't be staying at a Staybridge again!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Traveler2wherever
StaybridgeHotSprings, Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Unfortunately, the guest who wrote the above review was confused. When making an advanced purchase reservation online, like the guest did, you must agree twice to the rules and regulations of the reservation being nonchangeable and nonrefundable, due to the lower rate you are getting in return.

When speaking to our agent at the front desk, our agent was under the impression that the guest wanted to stay an additonal night but was not sure and wanted to know if they would be charged for it. Our agent correctly informed them no, they would not, since it was outside of their advanced purchase reservation.

The guest did not talk to management before leaving, since I am the General Manager and I was never approached by this guest until after they had left the hotel.
Branson, Mo
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The hotel is very new, so you would think it would be very clean right. Wrong. We got a one bedroom suite. The kitchen are had tile floors that when you walked on them seemed sticky. I thought the tiles were variegated in color and sometime with rubber sole shoes tile can feel different. Same in the bathroom. First day we didn't get our room cleaned till 5 in the afternoon. The rest of the time it was clean when we got back to our room. The second day I really looked at the floor in the kitchen and it wasn't variegated tile it was just dirty. So dirty they could not have cleaned it for months. Same in the bathroom. I didn't say anything because we were leaving anyway, but I should have told the Manager. All in all the stay at the hotel was nice but not a very clean suite.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple