“Love how they cook for those allergic to Shell fish!”
Review of Salty Oyster Grill - CLOSED

Salty Oyster Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
“Love how they cook for those allergic to Shell fish!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have a hard time eating anything fried at big, small,expensive, hole in wall, chain etc restaurants because of severe allergy to shellfish. Other than Cap'n D's, this is the only restaurant I have found that have individual fryers for fish, shellfish, fries and fried pies! WONDERFUL. THANK YOU!
I ask everywhere we eat and most don't know, but will find out if they fry everything in same grease. MOST RESTAURANTS USE SAME GREASE FOR ALL FRIED FOODS! Gross.

THIS RESTAURANT CARES!

We go here every year when we come to our condo in HS. We were shocked at the name change but went inside and were happy to see Grandpa's menu but name change. Also love that no alcohol is served there.

The staff are all southern and sweet. Love that. The food was great! The beans and slaw served first are delish. The hush puppies to die for and everything else was perfect.
Green tomato relish is a must. We got fried peach pies like Granny used to make, to go as we were too full to eat there. Nuked later and wished for more!

Thanks for caring about your customers with allergies. No one else seems to so I usually have to get grilled or blackened fish, so loved the fried catfish and pies.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Palmsinparadise

Arkansas
“made me sad”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was very excited to try Salty Oyster Grill. I read the reviews and was happy it was a Christian owned business. Loved the bible verse on the board as we walked in and the bible open on the counter. The Christian music was a plus too. Unfortunately, that's where it ended. I had a super craving for hush puppies. All the reviews were so positive about them, so I couldn't wait to try them. First, our poor waitress must have been on her first day. She was very timid and uninformed. She brought our beans and coleslaw, but no hush puppies. I asked if they served them and she responded with, "my bad". My date had to remind her again to bring them and she advised us they were cooking them. Again, I was excited to know we were getting the fresh hush puppies. What a disappointment! They were like balls of doughy cornbread. No flavor, even the ones with jalapenos. The catfish was just ok. The fries, shrimp, and chicken strip all tasted like they were from the freezer (not fresh) and deep fried in the same fryer. It was all bland with little to no seasoning. I'll say it wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I won't be back. There wasn't anything there to reel me back in.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank maxi_house
Detroit, Michigan
“Family Reunion”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Salty Oyster recently catered our Family Reunion at Lake Catherine State Park. Chris was the cooked for the day. He served some of the 'BEST FRIED FISH, HUSH PUPPIES, CHICKEN, FRENCH FRIES, COLE SLAW, HOMEMADE FRIED APPLE PIES, we've had in a very long time! Our family was extremely happy with how hot and fresh the food was. The cleanliness, his professionalism, and overall hospitality was impeccable. We look forward to doing business with them again. We strongly recommend you give them a try.

Visited May 2014
Little Rock, AR
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I truly hate to write poor reviews but I also look to Trip Advisor for guidance when selecting a restaurant so I feel some responsibility to post reviews after using TA for a selection. I am only commenting on the oysters, which were horrible. Hopefully the other items are better. BTW, alcohol, including wine or beer is not available. Server was very nice.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank oblr
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

It has some of the best food's but my fav is the steak not to salty and not a lil its just right. One if the best restaurants around here you dont have to take anyone word from it go see for yourself people always have something bad to say about restaurants no matter what just go check it out and make a review plz thank you

1 Thank milton b