“Reviews are over-rated”

GreenLeadersSilver level
louisiana
“Reviews are over-rated”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed here for one night based on what was available from best reviews. The front desk people were very nice at this newer hotel. The room was a clean one bedroom suite. The bed was one of the worst hotels beds I have ever slept on. There was no minimal breakfast included.

1 Thank familytripper1
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 23 October 2015
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Eminence, Missouri
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My mom and I stayed here a night while we visited Hot Springs. Room was plenty big enough for the two of us, would be good for family on extended stay. Rooms were clean, service at the desk was good.

Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel is ok if you are looking for a clean bargain price hotel. No great extras and they need to do a better job of cleaning. Wont stay again.

2 Thank busymomsec
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Dear busymomsec,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. I am glad you found our location and staff service satisfactory. I want to assure you we work hard to ensure our facilities are superior and we strive to be the best Candlewood Suites around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Enjoyed this hotel a lot! Had the queen studio and it was perfect! The fridge was big and there was lots of space. Clean comfy and friendly!!!! Great location just minutes from downtown and across the street from yummy mexican restaurant Nom Nom! The Best part of all they offer FREE laundry machines!!!!!!!!! (BYO detergent) and they were nice. were mid-way thru a road trip so we had a full bag of dirty laundry to do that is now clean!!! Also they are pet friendly!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This is a pet friendly hotel, and I wanted to check it out before actually bringing my baby with me. They do maid service once a week and have door magnets to let staff know you have an animal in the room and to let them know you don't want service while you're gone. There was a small dog in the room next to mine that barked incessantly, but the walls are so insulated that once I turned on the fan, I didn't hear it at all. And even before I turned it on, once I closed the door to the room, the barking was so muffled that had I not walked down the hall past the room I would not have known that sound was barking. I am a nonsmoker, and was put in a nonsmoking room on a floor that has mostly smoking rooms. The hallway was the only place I smelled smoke; inside my room there wasn't a hint of it, thankfully, because cigarette smoke gives me migraines. The room itself was great. I was particularly impressed with the small closet which had plenty of hangers, a laundry basket and an ironing board for those who still iron, and plenty of space to get your suitcase out of the way. They think of everything here! Bathroom had drawers and a small shelf space in the cabinet large enough for a toiletry case, a large old school Samsonite case, and still plenty of room for 3 more the same size. The layout was great, very open and easy to get around in. Never felt cramped in this layout. The full fridge with freezer was why I booked this room; needed the freezer particularly. The small, two-burner stove was perfect, with all steel pots and pans, not one teflon-coated pan! There's a microwave and coffee maker, a dishwasher, plates, silverware and glasses, and the first floor has a little pantry with all kinds of food items, from yogurt, milk, cereal and snacks, to frozen dinners, including vegetarian options. Again, they anticipate every type of guest. I love that they only clean once a week. They will clean as often as you want them to, but it looks as though Candlewood Suites is leading the way in this country as far as hotel energy saving practices. I appreciate that also from the viewpoint of not having to worry that housekeeping would let a pet escape inadvertently, letting me get out and sight see with peace of mind. I will definitely be back, and feel good enough about this place to bring my own four-legged, furry children in the future. The only drawback for me was that the bed was not firm enough. I need a super-firm bed because of back issues, but even with the bed not being as hard as I would have liked it, I still slept well and soundly. I think a person without back issues would have loved the bed, being soft but not sickeningly soft like a Tempurpedic, where you sink into it like quicksand is sucking you down. I think they use Sealy Posturepedics here. Lastly, I have to mention the staff. They were very friendly, very professional, and happy to accommodate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sandyg4

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Very CLEAN! Loved the location...only a short drive to Magic Springs and right down the road from down town Central Street. Great room and kitchen. Also liked the BBQ pit by the pool:)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank codogg2k

Jackson, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is by far the best Hotel I have stayed at! Just like home. We really enjoyed the kitchen area and large bathroom!!!!! We had a smoking room because my mother smokes ( she chose to smoke by the pool this trip) but I couldn't smell any hint of smoke in our room, very nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. The little grocery store area was an added plus. The staff were very friendly and always available to assist with any questions or concerns. We are originally from Hot Springs and still have family here, WE WILL ALWAYS STAY AT THE CANDLEWOOD!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you so much for writing about your experience with us here at Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs! I am so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay! All of us here at Candlewood Suites love hearing that our guests had a nice stay with us. We look forward to you coming back to stay with us and hopefully we will see you again soon! Again, thank you very much!