“Good Place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wylie, Texas
“Good Place”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We spent one night here. The rooms are very nice as they are all suites with kitchens. It is a good place, very clean inside and out. Only one problem, it was very noisy. Our room was on first floor near the Main Street. Lots of road noise. Also at 5 on Sunday morning the people above us were practicing their marching! Also, turning the water on and off for what seemed like hours! Needless to say we were up and outa there early!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor away from the Main Street.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Recent Guests:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

We are glad you found the hotel clean and comfortable. I apologize for your upstairs neighbors being so noisy.

Please come visit us again and we will make every effort to ensure that your stay is not only clean and comfortable but relaxing as well.

Thank you again.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We (self, the wife n a toddler) stayed here for 3 nights. This is a new hotel with brand new appliances- front desk was very courteous and gave us tips on local attractions. Very close to downtown, kroger, hot springs mall and a whole lot of restaurants in central ave.

• Stayed November 2012
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear Recent Guest:

Thank you for your nice comments about Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs.

Our guests input as a valuable tool for us, and we appreciate every review.

We hope you can return to Hot Springs Candlewood Suites in the near future. We will be expecting you!

Thanks again.

Alma, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I booked a room several days in advance for 2 adults and 2 children. They put us in a room with 1 queen bed. Upon a request for a 2 double bed room they said they were completely booked up but could put us in a queen non-smoking Suite. I paid $25 extra and started to check into the larger more accommodating room only to find that it was a very horribly smelling smoking room. I went back to the front desk to tell them it was not a non-smoking room and that we would just keep our other room which had our belongings still in it. I'm sorry that room is not longer available they said. I asked for a refund on the smoking room but they could not provide that since they require a 24 hour cancellation. So I paid $125 for a room we could not even use. I booked another queen room paying another $89 plus tax. We asked for extra blankets and pillows to make pallets on the floor for our 15&11 year olds but the hotel said they did not have extras because there were several large school groups who had taken them all. We went to breakfast next morning only to return and find that our keys no longer worked. I went to front desk 3 times to get rekeyed before someone finally followed me up to let us in. Many more exhaustive scenarios played out on this weekend but I was not at all pleased with the service or cooperation of hotel staff.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear Guest:

We sincerely apologize that you had an unpleasant stay with us recently.

I have researched your online booking with us. The reservation was made for a room with one queen size bed (our studio suite) and shows that it was reserved for two adults only in the room. These reservations cannot be changed by hotel staff, as they are based on the type of the room that was booked by the guest. The particular night that you stayed with us we didn't have any non-smoking rooms with two beds available to accomodate your family unfortunately.

Our desire is to be accomodating to our guests as we possibly can. We regret that we weren't able to do so in your case.

We hope that you give us the opportunity on your next visit to Hot Springs to show you and your family what a pleasant stay you can have at Candlewood Suites.

Thank you for your review, your input is valuable to us!

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Dallas
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed for two nights in a standard room on the third floor, the kitchen was very well equipped with everything for an extended stay including a full size fridge (not those tiny mini-ones), the bathroom was very clean and spacious with plenty of towels and a brand name 2n1 shampoo and conditioner (brownie points for that). We didn't make use of their gym but there's one on the first floor, there's also a small office area where you can print out any documents.

The staff was very friendly they helped my girlfriend select the best discount (she has both a corporate and AAA discount, always ask for AAA discounts you would be surprised what obscure businesses accept it) and gave us chance to spin a wheel sitting on the counter to win a prize (we won a free soft drink) plus two free waters. There's a tiny store where you can purchase snack items, etc. I think the only con were some noisy neighbors speaking (or arguing) very loudly at a late hour but no big deal.

The hotel is conveniently about 10 minutes from Bathhouse row, there's a Kroger supermarket across the street and a Chinese buffet in the next shopping center over, will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review.

Our staff is excited about your favorable comments, and your acknowledgement of the nice accomodations.

We hope you can visit us again soon and stay a little longer.

We are appreciative of your kind remarks, and are looking forward to seeing you again.

Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My family & I went to hot springs for my husbands deployment ceremony. We chose this hotel bc it was on the main strip & for a fairly cheap price. I had to check into the hotel early bc my husband had to be up there early. I went there alone with my twins around 11:30 am to check in & they first told me it would be better if i checked in around 12:30-1 but I told them I had no where to go bc I didnt know anything or anyone in that town. So they said give me about 20 mins. They asked me to wait in their lobby. Plus while I went to my car they told me they would watch my babies & also helped me carry them to the room. They also upgraded me from a studio room to a suite bc they said my babies needed space to crawl around. Amazing service & the hotel is so awesome. Nice kitchen & comfortable beds. Def recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear Guest(s):

We are estatic that you had an enjoyable stay recently at Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs.

We are equally pleased that you took the time to write a review. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff...and that's what makes our jobs in the hospitality industry so rewarding.

Thank you, we are looking forward to your next visit.

El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is in a convenient location, the rooms are amazingly clean, and have a kitchenette and full-size refridgerator. This is helpful for anyone staying in Hot Springs for several days who would like to cook or reheat leftovers stored in the refridgerator. We checked in late, so we met the evening staff and the morning staff--everyone was wonderful and friendly. This hotel also has a snack room with anything and everything you can think of. You use your card to gain entrance, pick what you want, and it's charged to your room. My husband and I have no complaints about this hotel; we enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Dear Guest:

Thanks so much for your terrific comments about Candlewood Suites.

We are happy that you found both the staff and your stay accomodating.

We are so appreciative of your kind comments, it let's the staff know their doing a ""great job".

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Hot Springs.

Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This was my second stay at the Hot Springs, AR Candlewood Suites. My room was clean and comfortable, and I really appreciate having a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove, and even dishes, silverware, and glassware to use, as well as some pots and pans.
The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a "country store" that provides essentials such as small-sized milk, frozen entrees, etc., on the honor system, a gym, and a "business center" with a computer and printer if you need to print out boarding passes.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I've had a queen suite, with one room plus bath on the second floor. It has been fine for me. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Recent Guest:

Thank you for your raving review.

We are most appreciative that you took your valuable time to do so.

Our staff will be pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, your input is valuable.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Candlewood in Hot Springs.