“Sleepless in Hot Springs”

Candlewood Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Sleepless in Hot Springs”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

As late as earlier in the year, the Candlewood Hot Springs was a relatively good value.

Tha appears to have changed. It appears that the hotel has changed management and the concept of customer service left with the precious management.

At check in the hotel completely lost my reservation...never mind that they had billed my card for the week. They could not find my reservation or even my IHG Rewards information. Surprisingly I have stayed at this property 10 roomnights this year.

After much agon izing and searching, the night clerk Igor called the Owner. Who authorized him to check me in and that she would settle it in the AM. When I talked to her,and requested her name several times. She indicated that she was Ms. Kahn...almost felt like I was talking to a bill collector.

On day two, I turned in my laundry to a totally confused desk clerk. I filled out the forms and showed them to him. This was at 6:30 AM. I came back to the hotel and checked on the laundry at noon with Traci and was assured that the laundry had gone out and would be back by 5:00 PM. It is now 9:00 PM and Igor is very frustrated and still trying to find my laundry.

The executive management of this hotel does not seem to provide much training, and at this point has provided no foillow-up..

I look forward to what new challenges await me within the next three days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Micheal T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Micheal T,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were very impressed with this hotel. The room was a mini suite, with a small kitchen. The property is clean and the rooms are up to date, and clean as well. The staff was VERY friendly and the little "market" had Blue Bell ice cream. We will always stay here when in Hot Springs!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jeni G
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 23 October 2015

Ernest, B
Director of Sales
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was traveling through and thought this looked like a nice hotel to stay at, boy was I wrong. I go to check-in and at first they couldn't find my reservation. The phone started ringing and instead of placing the caller on hold, Ken proceeded to talk to the customer on the phone and basically ignore me. The refrigerator still had food in it and the bathroom was dirty. I told them and they they apologized saying that their housekeeping was gone for the day. I asked for an extra blanket and was told that they didn't have anymore. Really? It's a hotel, you would think that they would keep extras for the guests. We went to the pool and had asked for some more towels, so we didn't have to use the ones in our room and were told that we couldn't get any more to use the ones in our room. Again Really? We wanted to stay two nights instead of one, but the way that we were treated we decided not to extend to go elsewhere. When we went to check out at Candlewood, Ashley was checking us out or trying to, it was obvious she didn't know what she was doing, and she called for who she said was the front desk manager, a lady named Tracy, well, Tracy was in the back behind a computer sitting on the ground with her face all red and crying and looking like she was about to hypervenilate. Again Really? So Ashley fumbled her way through trying to check us out. Candlewood Suites needs people that are more respectful of their customers,and that know what they are doing. I have been an IHG Gold Elite member for years and with Candlewood being an IHG hotel you would think that they would do what needs to be done. The management and staff of the hotel were really bad, rude and inconsiderate. So, we went to Staybridge the second night and had a wonderful time, they were very friendly and helped with all our wants and needs and then some, They went the extra mile, and I think that is what hotels should do instead of acting like you are a inconvience. I love Hot Springs but I will never go back to Candlewood there, And I will make sure to inform other people about it. Thank God, they at least got my bill right, cause I overheard a gentleman complaining to Tracy that he had been charged twice and she was arguing with him telling him that no he hadn't. Wow, again I say they need people who know what they are doing instead of the employees acting like the customers are an inconvience.

Room Tip: I dont think any of the rooms would be good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Dana C
CandlewoodSuites3404, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Dana C.,

I am deeply sorry that your experience with our hotel was less than wonderful. Please call directly to the hotel at 501-624-4000. Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can make all of our guests' experiences that much better.

Management

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We had a king suite and were impressed with the size of the room, 2 closets, living room and full kitchen. Sofabed was decent and king bed was comfy. Room was clean and bathroom was nice. Front desk didnt have extra blankets (which was weird considering
there was a sofa bed and no extra blanket

Only complaint was that the ac was hard to control and didnt filter to the bedroom from the living room very well. Wasnt a huge issue as much as an annoyance

Overall decent suite for a family for a good rate and would recommend. )

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jessica K

Ernest, B
Director of Sales
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am very upset with this hotel, I checked in and there were two men at the front, neither one of them knew what they were doing, they kept having to ask each other for help. After about 30 minutes I got checked in. I got checked into a dirty room, then I went back down and told them and it took them 20 min to find a room to put me in. There were ants all over the counter, the air conditioner didnt work and the tvs were a joke. I called down to tell them and they said they didnt know how to fix it. So they did nothing. When I went to check out, I realized I had been charged double. The young girl that was at the front Ashley asked Tracy who said she is a manager, and Tracy couldn't help me. They were both very clueless and didn't know what they were doing. Im sorry but if you are a manager you should have been able to fix my problems right then, instead of acting like I was the one in the wrong. I am an IHG member platinum at that, and I have never been treated like that. I definitely will not be back to Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs, Arkansas. The hotel along with the manager is a joke. I would hate to have any of that staff as employees. The staff was rude and need to learn some manners. I will make sure and tell all my friends and coworkers not to even stay there to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: When you walk in the whole hotel smells bad and the service is horrible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Macy S
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Macy S,

I am glad to know that we had a platinum member staying with us. We love our platinum members. I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding with the billing. I hope that you will give us another shot to show you just how wonderfully we treat our guests, especially when they are platinum members.

Guest Services
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I found the Candelwood Suites in Hot Springs, AR to be a comfortable place to stay for an extended visit. I was there for two weeks and was very pleased with the staff, the room, and location. Having free internet and laundry was a bonus, and the kitchenette was clean and decently stocked with cooking needs.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter B
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Peter B,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our establishment during your visit to Hot Springs. I hope that when you are in town again in the future for a long stay or short one, we will be the first place you think of. We look forward to your next visit.

Hotel Staff
Greenville
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay! Great atmosphere and friendly staff! The hotel was very clean and in a great location. Rooms are very affordable and accessible.
We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Hot Springs!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Pchaney1977
Dear Pchaney1977,

I love that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I am glad that our staff took wonderful care of you, as we always strive to go the distance for all of our guests. We look forward to your next visit to Hot Springs, and hope that it will be very soon.

Hotel Staff