“Decent hotel”

Candlewood Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Beds were comfy, rooms were clean, busy busy busy with lots of people there but over all it was a nice place to stay. A few other guests were having problems at the front desk (at least 3), so maybe we Just got lucky... who knows!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jessie A
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Hotel Staff at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Jessie A, we are very happy that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal and first priority are our guests and their happiness, even when we are very busy. Again, we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here one night with friend and had no blanket and they made us come get it. They where arguing with another guest and being very rude. What happened to customer service ?
I will never stay here again and let everyone know what to expect.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank rcuriel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear rcuriel,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Hot Springs.

Karen G.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

While the room was nice for a tourist stop, we had a refrigerator in the room that continually started and stopped during the night making load noises and it was impossible to get a good sleep. The best part of this stay was it was only for one night. We reported the problem the next morning and I just hope they got the issue fixed for the next guest.

Room Tip: Check the room first, if it's not to you liking Opt. out.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Thomandjane
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Thomandjane,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the room you had. However, we would like to apologize for the experience you had with the noise which affected your stay negatively. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This Hotel is at least 100.00. What do you get for that?? Great question.. You get treated badly by a bunch of rude foreign idiots. Plenty of other choices than this place. If you must stay then pay cash if possible because they do what they want with charges on your card.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rkb1948
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Rkb1948,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on 07/07/14 and 07/08/14. The clerk ran my card 2 times , stating that the system kicked him out. I asked am I being double billed and he assured me no. I understand that mistakes happen but the nerve of these people to not even resolve and refuse to even call me back really upsets me.
I was billed for 3 nights. I have called several times to resolve this and they will not return calls
Or refund my money. I have completely lost my patience with them. I tried to take care of this with
Them , but just called credit card company to get my money returned.
BEWARE of giving your credit card to these people.
The last time I got this upset is when I had to call for tech support over seas!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Michael W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A

Reviewed 15 July 2014

As late as earlier in the year, the Candlewood Hot Springs was a relatively good value.

Tha appears to have changed. It appears that the hotel has changed management and the concept of customer service left with the precious management.

At check in the hotel completely lost my reservation...never mind that they had billed my card for the week. They could not find my reservation or even my IHG Rewards information. Surprisingly I have stayed at this property 10 roomnights this year.

After much agon izing and searching, the night clerk Igor called the Owner. Who authorized him to check me in and that she would settle it in the AM. When I talked to her,and requested her name several times. She indicated that she was Ms. Kahn...almost felt like I was talking to a bill collector.

On day two, I turned in my laundry to a totally confused desk clerk. I filled out the forms and showed them to him. This was at 6:30 AM. I came back to the hotel and checked on the laundry at noon with Traci and was assured that the laundry had gone out and would be back by 5:00 PM. It is now 9:00 PM and Igor is very frustrated and still trying to find my laundry.

The executive management of this hotel does not seem to provide much training, and at this point has provided no foillow-up..

I look forward to what new challenges await me within the next three days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Micheal T

Dear Micheal T,

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were very impressed with this hotel. The room was a mini suite, with a small kitchen. The property is clean and the rooms are up to date, and clean as well. The staff was VERY friendly and the little "market" had Blue Bell ice cream. We will always stay here when in Hot Springs!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeni G
CandlewoodSuitesHS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Ernest, B