“The rudest front desk clerks and Manger I have ever dealt with!!!”

Candlewood Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma City
“The rudest front desk clerks and Manger I have ever dealt with!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

I booked our room via Priceline, which I have done for many years now. Priceline doesn't guarantee you a specific room but says you must call the hotel and let them know how many people are in your party etc. I have done this with many hotels in many states and this one tells me I have one queen bed....period and they will not change it. We have 2 children. They weren't even will to try to help, couldn't even guarantee me a roll a way bed. I would NEVER book here if had to do it again. For the price I am paying I could have paid a little more and stayed at Embassy with the room I wanted and a fully cooked to order breakfast, indoor pool and people who are not rude!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MomOf2OKC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Little Rock
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Spur of the moment trip to nearby Hot Springs to find a hotel that had a pool to cool off in the 100+ temp in Arkansas. Arrived early before check in time and was told that the room would be ready in 15 minutes. 40 minutes later the room was ready. Elevator was broken so we have to use stairs to get to the second floor. Fortunately we were traveling light so it didn’t matter to us but would have been an inconvenience to the elderly or someone with more luggage. Location is good. Across the street from a Kroger’s which allowed us to cook out for dinner at the poolside grills instead of having to get out on the town. Pool was very clean. Rooms were nice however walls are paper thin so be careful of what you do or say. Maid kept allowing the door to the adjacent room slam on the security hasp in the morning which was aggravating and insensitive. No ice machines so flip on the ice machine in your fridge as soon as you get there or convince one of the maids to let you in a recently vacated room to swap ice maker containers.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Fox50
Forrest City, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

My family of 6 plus a guest had two suites reserved. The reservation clerk made an error in quoting the price but, the manager made it good. The facility is new and there was a problem with the ice maker but, the manager delivered ice to our suite on a daily basis. All of the personnel were very efficient, pleasant and helpful. There wasn't a full breakfast offered but, we were able to prepare it in our suite.
There was considerable noise from the room overhead but again the manager came to our rescue and the problem subsided. Very good location and adequate amenities.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Buddy34
CWHSDeborah, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 28 July 2010
I was happy to read that our new team members were able to overcome any issues that arouse during your stay. If we can help you or any of your family/friends with accommodations in the future, please don't hesistate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We know that your time is valuable.
Deborah Woodward, Director of Sales
Haughton, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I really don't know where these bad comments have come from; I checked this place out on the internet before placing my reservations. I was told by Expedia that this place had a 4 1/2 out of 5 rating so I took my chances and place a reservation. My wife and I arrived at 10:20 on a Saturday evening, our room was ready, the hotel was sold out but my reservations were there. My wife and I were so happy with our room, it was clean everything was in new condition. I found out that this hotel was only 2 years old. My room had full amenities just like a small studio apartment. It had a Dishwasher, Range w/ a Range top Microwave, It had table, LG Flat Screen TV, DVD player, Central Air/Heat Thermostat on the wall that kept the room more comfortable than the old style AC on the unit. Free Wi FI, Plus also a Data Plug in the Wall for a wired connection to the Internet. They had free DVD's you could get at the desk just for asking. We stayed 2 nights and will definitely stay here again. I am still in AWE about the rooms and the convenience of everything. Thank you CASTLEWOOD SUITES, WE WILL BE BACK. and for everyone else that says anything. If you can't find anything nice to say just don't say anything.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dgwiggins
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

We arrived weary and tired. They did not have our reservations. Yet we had confirmation numbers. They acted like they were doing us a favor finding us rooms, WHEN THEY ARE THE ONES THAT MADE THE MISTAKE! We stayed one night and went to another Hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank haywardj77

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

I was told my credit card was declined as well as I have read by another viewer they told my family this when we tried to check-in, they had the wrong credit card number and the wrong phone number I do not believe that because I received confirmation. The older lady at the counter was unhelpful and rude while a younger guy attempted to assist my family that had just traveled for hours to get here. I travel very frequent and will NEVER stay here or recommend anyone because it seems as if they dont want certain people money-cash or credit they wouldnt even let us pay cash for their mistake. I truly felt that this was intentional because I wouldnt purchase additional rooms for another unplanned trip by whoever was making the reservations they were rude and got upset when I said I am at work and those are the only rooms that I will be purchasing today and that I needed to end the call. The rude lady at the counter attitude was like oh well declined card your fault well the phone numbers and account numbers were not even close which this tells me this was done intentionally if it were a number or two off then maybe but I dont see it and they said they didnt have anymore rooms for us well it wasnt even check-in time where were the rooms we had reserved? This was so inconvenient for us I want stay here or any of the their sister hotels since they employ people who just figured our card was no good instead of contacting and knowing better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Angryconsumer2010
CWHSDeborah, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 19 June 2010
As the new Director of Sales at the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs, Arkansas, I am saddened to hear about your experience. I can assure you I'll look into this area of concern and bring it to the appropriate parties attention. I would like to speak to you about this issue and try to rectify a solution. I can be reached at the property Monday or Friday. I appreciate your review without it I may not have known about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.
Deborah Woodward
MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here! Having the kitchen was a plus and a real money saver. The location is really good, close to everything. And the bonus of late checkout for Priority Club Members is AWESOME! Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family