“Great Getaway Place”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I come to the Arlington 5 or 6 times a year for 2 to 3 days at a time. This is our get-away spot. We love the Arlington. Yes it is a majestic old hotel with some flaking paint, some creaking pipes and small bathrooms but if one will just think of all the history that has been made here. The women in their fine long dresses and men in their top hats of the 20's and 30's strolled the same halls, guest rooms, porch and sidewalks that we do now. Then the 40's came and yep the gangsters came to Hot Springs and loved this place. I could go on and on but you get the picture.
As regulars at the Arlington, I can tell you we have had rooms that we liked better than others, but overall we have had great eperiences. We always meet new interesting people that end up being friends before we leave. The restaurants were not impressive to us. Overpriced for what you get. There are so many other places to eat within walking distance that you never have to worry about something to eat. We have had the massage a couple of times. We get the couples room, extra $10.00, but worth the privacy. The room had scented candles lit and very soothing music playing. The 2 masseuses were very professional.
The only bad thing that I have to say about the Arlington is their cooling system in the summers. Bob, the manager, says that is being looked at. All the rooms have ceiling fans but I have noticed some run faster than others. Speaking of ceiling fans, got a question for you Bob, we stayed in room 445 this weekend which is 2 doors down from Al Capones's famous suite. I noticed that you have put the new energy efficient bulbs in the light fixture. That is a good thing. My husband woke about midnight and told me the next morning that the lights were flickering very dimly on and off. First on then another. He told me that Al (Capone) had come to visit us. Well I thought he was teasing me but the next night, I awoke in the middle of the night and saw the same flickering lights. Now tell me Bob, do you think it is the wiring, the bulbs or could it REALLY be old Al playing tricks on your guest?? : )
I would advise anyone who enjoys the good old days to stay at the Arlington, at least once, just to say you've been there. If you don't like it you don't have to go back. You know, different strokes for different folks.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Central Ave has a more interesting view but are a little on the noisy side at night. Br...
2  Thank rcgar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I live in the UK and this was my first visit to the hotel. I appreciated it's heritage and unique decor. The staff in all functions were highly professional and very caring. The character of the room transported me back to the 1930's so easily. The ambience in the restaurant was wonderful, matched by the formidable service and attention. The chef did an excellent job with the presentation of the meals. We entertained guests there that were thrilled with the whole experience.
I enjoyed the entire spa sessions. Susan was so encouraging and supporting during my first bathhouse experience. I was somewhat trepedatious about it.
I am a highly qualified healer and the icing on the cake for me were the massage sessions.
Both masseurs were very adept at their craft. Gigi provided my first twenty minute massage and was wonderful. The next day I had a forty minute massage with Jennifer which was also wonderful and she too knew exactly what my body needed.
Thanks to all the staff for a most wonderful experience and I hope my friend will invite me again to travel with her to this hotel.
Natasha

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natasha H
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I just stayed two nights at the Arlington and had a wonderful time. This is my third year in a row visiting this beautiful hotel and the staff was great. I always get "The Works" in the Hotel's Spa every year and this year was the best experience ever. Susan in the Bathhouse was really kind and helpful and made it a very relaxing experience. Then I had a massage with Jennifer and she was absolutely amazing. I had just come from a conference that I was a featured healer at and had done 19 sessions over three days. My body needed some help. Jennifer intuitively knew right where to go to help release the stress my body was carrying. She did such a wonderful job that I booked a whole hour massage with her for the next morning. Even though it was her day off, she came in especially to work with me. She was the best massage therapist I have ever been to ( and I travel extensively and get massages all over the country). Many Thanks and Blessings, CJ

Room Tip: I like to upgrade to a mineral water room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cathy E
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We did not expect the hotel to be new. It was clean and had a great location. The spa was also good. I do not trust anyone who writes a bad review on someone with no gain to themselves except to try to hurt someone. My tv worked fine. I do not care how old it was.

1  Thank ChemE650
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We have stayed at the Arlington a few times before, and it's always been very pleasant. This time it was very disappointing. Our room's carpet was horribly stained, and the paint in the bathroom tub was chipping and made it look disgusting. The TV in the room was TINY and although we had plans to rent a movie, for $16 and on a tiny TV, it's just not worth it. Room service was adequate to say the least, but spending $20 for dessert and two soft drinks is a little much. The reason why we will never EVER stay here again is because of the spa experience I had. My massage was scheduled for 11 a.m. and while I got there early, they were still 30 minutes late in calling me back. My masseuse was a very obese woman who is one of the most unprofessional massage therapists I have ever met. She left the room 3 times during my session. She talked the whole time, I could hear all the staff talking in fact, making it for a very unrelaxing atmosphere. There was no music, no tranquility. Keep in mind, you are paying $70 for a 40 minute massage. I pay that much for a 60 minute massage in Little Rock. And they put you in a quiet room and you get a "spa" experience. The masseuse was very condescending and kept telling me to "relax" even though she was talking about her experiences with quitting smoking. At one point, she even had me roll onto my stomach and she put all her weight on me for a good 30 seconds. I couldn't breathe and I've NEVER had that happen during a massage. The worst part though was when she asked if I was bleeding. I started looking on my arms, and hands, and she checked my back. There was NO cut whatsoever. Apparently, there was blood on the sheets that WAS NOT MINE. At the time, I was just in complete shock and I honestly didn't know how to react in the situation. That should never happen, EVER. She said, "it might be from the person before you." I don't know how to tell you how disgusting this is and wrong. When we talked to the spa manager, she tried to blame me and tried to tell me it was my blood, and that I probably got a cut from the loofah during the bath. I did not have a bath and the masseuse checked me while I was in there and we didn't find a cut. The manager was very rude and never apologized, but took the massage off our bill for our inconvience. Jennifer (the masseuse) should be fired. She does not belong in this field, and the Arlington needs to re-evaluate their spa. I will never come back here and I will never recommend it to anyone. For the money that you are paying, you should expect to have a wonderful and relaxing experience, not be in a place that violates health codes.

4  Thank Ashley E
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed here for an overnight travel at the reccommendation of one of my collegues and was gravely disappointed. It wasn't the fact that the room's were small, or the outdated furnishes (TV was at >10 years old), but the room hadn't been adequately cleaned in a long time. An eighth in of dust on the side of the bathroom mirror, duct tape holding sheetrock in place in the closet where a repair had been started a while back, and mildew on the black out curtains above the filthy A/C unit.)

Definitely walk through the Arlington while in town, just consider going elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kendahle
Reviewed 8 November 2011

First let me start by saying the the spa treatment was nice but the room on the other hand theres not much good to say about it. When we first arrived after a six hour drive my wife needed to use the bathroom and upon going in the their it was not not clean with unrine all over and I mean all over so I calledthefront desk and they said they would send someone right up 45 minutes later I had to call back. And then next the sheets had brown spots and body hair all over them, so I called again, they said we'll send you some sheets were you can change them out they did not offer to change them. Along with the air conditioners did not work either and when I called they acted like I was doing something wrong and where very ugly to me and my wife. Would I recommend the Arlington NEVER!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple