“Highly recommend the Spa!”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Poplar Bluff, MO
“Highly recommend the Spa!”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I highly recommend the bath house and spa at the Arlington. The hot mineral bath, followed by the steam, followed by hot towel wrap, all wonderful, and that is prior to the massage of a lifetime. If you are looking for a cosmopolatin atmosphere, go somewhere else, you are not going to be in synch with the Arlington therapeutic experience. At the risk of making it harder to get an appointment with my favorite massage therapist, I will share her name, Jennifer. She is the MOST wonderful! You certainly won't get a run of the mill massage treatment, she works with your personal muscle therapy needs, and of course that is going to vary with all of us given what stress we have had or what muscles we have overused. Value for your dollar and healing for your body awaits you with any trip to the Arlington bath house and spa, and most especially if you have the opportunity to book with Jennifer! If I may qualify my endorsement, I do have routine massage treatments at home and I have gone to massage therapists in several locations while on holiday in our country and abroad, so by giving the Arlington, and especially Jennifer, my two thumbs up, I do so having been able to truly compare the quality of the treatment. Again, I would like to remind folks that this is one of the famous bath houses that Hot Springs is noted for. Yes, it is an old building, that adds much character and atmosphere! This is to be cherrished and the whole treatment is that much more healing to me when I am able to emerse myself in the history and the personalities of all the wonderful folks working there. A little over 17 years ago, when a friend of mine took me to Hot Springs for a bath house experience (as the best baby gift ever), I had NO IDEA what it was all about but by the time our spa treatment was over that day it had become my favorite spa location, and remains my top ranking. I would also recommend not to book your day too full after this in order that you may totally enjoy your relaxation. If this is the one spa experience per year that you save up money and vacation time for, this is your best choice! Great girls retreat! Relax and enjoy!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank missouri-gal-1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
cincinnati
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We like the classics and this was great. Nice people, clean and quiet room.We also did the Thermal Bath at the Buckstaff. Another classic an of so nice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cincywork
Bellville, TX
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We traveled to Hot Spring for a three day trip that included the Gala New Years Eve dinner dance at the Arlington Hotel's Crystal Ball Room. Very good 5 course meal, big band and nicely decorated. The town is charming and the Arlington is like dropping back into the 1920's The spa offered mineral baths, massage etc. Walking to cute shops and pancake houses plus a side trip to see the lakes. A inexpensive, restful and enjoyable get away for a holiday or we have stayed here for a short trip to the horse races.

Room Tip: Pick one that faces the park instead of the main street but all are nice
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy P
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed on a Thu/Fri and had the best time!! Friday evening they had a swing/jazz band play in their huge lobby and it was a treat to watch so many couples of all ages get up and "cut a rug"!!
We were surprised at how comfy the bed was and slept hard both nights.
Secure, valet parking. The valets were awesome! Very knowledgable of the area and helped me when I had car difficulties!!
All staff members we spoke with we're so very nice and helpful!
Just can't wait to go back again!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Thumper5239
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed at the Arlington the week after Christmas. Our family loves this hotel; we first visited when our children were little, and now return withour grown children and their husbands. This is a charming, old historic hotel-we prefer old, quaint buildings, and appreciate the history and the scenery associated with the Arlington. However, if you are not willing to deal with the "quirkiness" of an old hotel, it may not appeal to you. (yes, the heating system is a little funky, there are areas of chipped paint, and there are not enough electrical outlets) The hotel has it's own beauty and charm, including a unique, friendly bar, natural hot springs hot tub and pool, and hiking trails right outside the doors. We love this place, and will continue to return. I hope that this review sheds some perspective on the widely ranging reviews on this site.

Room Tip: Be specific about what room criteria are important to you-rooms can be very different regarding amen...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank EJB123_12
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My family has been visiting the Arlington around Christmastime for years and are never disappointed. It's great to be able to walk out the door and be right there in the midst of all the holiday decor and downtown shops. The hotel has a really cool historic vibe to it. The lobby is really spectacular during the holidays. One of our favorite amenities is the mountainside hot tub and heated pool. The view is great as you relax in the hot tub or swim a few laps in the pool. Our room was in great condition...clean and everything in working order. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Hot Springs.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MeanGreen
TN
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I stayed at the Arlington in October which made for an even more wonderful visit - great weather while sitting on the large wrap-around porch. I enjoyed a gorgeous view of the hot springs across the street, people walking down the old street, and sipping a glass of wine the server brought out for me every evening. Pure relaxation at the Arlington. If you are looking for modern, this isn't the place. If you're looking for a place that looks like it came out of the movie "Somewhere in Time" or "Great Gatsby," you've found it. Huge globe lights, golden glow over porch at night, piano music playing from lobby, seems like you've gone back in time.

The location is walking distance to several pancake shops, cafes, boutique stores, hiking trails, the pomegrade (paved walking trail overlooking the downtown area), excellent water fill-up sites, ice cream shops, coffee house (Poet's Loft), and bathhouse row.

I used the spa a couple times and enjoyed a bath, steam, cooling treatment, mani/pedicure. Be sure to walk down the street for a tour of one of the old bath houses, includes a short movie on the history of it all.

Several times I had to look for someone in the dining area to order a meal. But they were accommodating so I could eat on the porch.

Downstairs is a little shop - great items if you forget anything. I came for a get-a-way, and it was exactly what I needed. :)

Room Tip: End rooms tend to be larger, nice bay window too.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo