“Arlington July 2012 visit”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Arkansas
“Arlington July 2012 visit”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at the Arlington in July. the hotel is older, but has so much charm. It is very peaceful out at the swimming deck. The hot tub was wonderful! I enjoyed having popcorn in the lobby. My only complaint was the rooms were a little noisy.

Room Tip: 5th floor seems to be the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank spclteach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Arlington was the worst hotel that I have EVER stayed at!!! I advise you to stay somewhere else if you plan on enjoying Hot Springs in the least bit! My husband and I were visiting Hot Springs to attend his annual business conference. FYI the company picks the hotel that we stay at. The building is so beautiful and you walk into the lobby and it is as you would expect… very pretty. It is too bad that we had to go to the room. After an entire day of driving we reached the Arlington just in time to catch up on some missed sleep before the first meeting started. We leave the lobby and reach our floor and started to notice a stench (a combination of a once smoking floor and something that smelled like mold). The carpets were torn and stained along the hall. We reached our room (which was very small compared to others I’ve stayed at) and we were both astounded. The carpets, linens, TV, and everything else were so old and out of date. I guess this should have been expected from a historic hotel. What we did not expect to see was the blood on our sheets when we went to catch a bit of needed sleep. It was obvious that no one had even bothered to change the sheets since the last guests; they had just made the bed. We called the front desk and asked for them to change our sheets, and they said that they would send someone promptly. After an hour of waiting and 30 minutes until the meeting and no sign of the staff we phoned the housekeeping department directly to change the sheets! Twenty minutes later they showed up to change our bedding as we left for our meeting. As if it could get any worse there were paint flakes on the floor. I can only guess the last time that a vacuum cleaner had been ran across that floor. The bathroom was very cramped and did not include a bathtub. There was only a filthy shower without a light in it. I have stayed in many hotels in many states and countries of all price ranges, but this is the WORST hotel that I have ever stayed in! If I had a choice of what hotel we could stay in we would have turned around once we walked in that room and saw the blood. Altogether overpriced for the size of the room and filthy! The lobby, patios, and bar are all beautiful but can never make up for the disgusting rooms and horrible staff. I will never stay there again and neither will anyone else with the company. We weren't even offered a discount when we spoke with the desk.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here at all.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank FoodieVacationer458

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Missouri
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very nicely kept old hotel. You could almost picture what it was like in the 20's. Spent 2 nights.. Only concern we had was parking. It fills up quickly in valet and parking garage just down the street, and additional parking is way off site in a open parking lot. They were very accommodating with our old car and gave us a place in valet parking, even though it was really full. $17. Service was very good, room was very nice. We really enjoyed the trip. We didn't get to try their spa, but enjoyed our time downtown. Lots of great restaurants. Lots of fun just walking around.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Carmichael, California, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My family & I stayed here in April, we had 6 rooms, including two of the presidential named suites ( worth the upgrade and to have connecting rooms). Nothing is uniformed, everyone's bathroom was different anywhere from yellow tones from the 70s to classic white pedestals....
I kept thinking that the chipped pool tiles, mold in the shower, exposed electrical wires, and pool deck sliding off the hill would NEVER fly in California due to law suites.
The lobby is charming, with attached bar & it is neat thinking of all the history around you.
There is a breakfast buffet in the morning for around $12, & shopping and hair salon in the basement area

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephanie H
memphis
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family stayed at the Arlington during Thanksgiving of 2011. There were about twenty of us total, including a one year old. We made reservations with a thanksgiving "deal" so it we did not have first choice for the rooms. But, they were not nearly as bad as I would have thought based on other reviews. My sheets were clean, the bathroom was terribly old and felt dirty - though I think that honestly it was as clean as it could get. There was a second floor area that I could take my daughter to run and play - which was great! The hotel in all was kid friendly and seemed to genuinely care for the guests. I have heard that they are in the process of redoing the rooms and that it is simply taking some time.

The great - the atmosphere & historic feel to the place - location is GREAT some of the best shopping is simply right across the street. I found several of the clothing boutiques cute and quite affordable!

The bad - the older rooms are "clean" but not great. The Thanksgiving meal at the flagship restaurant was simply awful

the "just okay" - the room to me was this - it just depends on which one you get and how you look at things

Would I stay there again? Yes IF I could request that I receive a newly renovated room.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dallas
Reviewed 3 July 2012

After reading other reviews I was prepared for the fact that the hotel needed maintenance, so I was not surprised by the cracked paint, etc. This is not a big-city, 5 Star hotel, and the prices are reasonable, so don't expect bathrobes and other high end touches. However, the hotel staff were responsive and the hotel served the needs of a family with kids just fine. It is probably the nicest hotel in town, unless you are on a romantic weekend and might seek a quaint B&B near Lake Hamilton. For the small town of Hot Springs, this hotel is your best bet if you want a hotel with character, a central location and comprehensive service.

Room Tip: I've been told not to stay in a "historic" room because those are REALLY old and very...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Martha A
st louis
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I had to park a block away from the hotel and carry my luggage through the streets of Hot Springs, the bathroom was outdated and the toilet was something from a road side rest area, the air conditioning did nothing more than make the room 80 degrees, we had to listen to someone two rooms down yell and scream at her boyfriend at the top of her lungs for 15 minutes, the baseboards in the room had dirt caked in them and when I walked to the pool area I felt like I might fall through the rotting deck at any minute. even through all of this I still quite enjoyed my stay.......up until check out. I stood in line for 10 minutes waiting for one of the 4 employees to get done with the one person they were waiting on. Finally it was my turn. I walked up to the lady behind the desk and as soon as I did she picked up the phone and didn't acknowledge me. I stood there, in front of her, for another 3 minutes waiting for her to get off of the phone, which she never did, when I noticed the man next to her was free. I walked up to him but another couple got there at the same time. He looked at me and said "you have to wait in line". Really????? What did he think I had been doing?? I told him I was in line but as soon as i walked up to the first lady she got on the phone. All he did was look at me and then shrug his shoulders. Yeah that's what I said. He shrugged his shoulders as if to say "sorry i'm an idiot and i don't know how to deal with this problem". Wow!! Now that's what I call service. Arlington, you will not get my business again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family