“housekeeping at its worst”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 14 August 2012

While I love the whole historic feel of this hotel, there is just no excuse for the rooms being dirty. They really need to hire a manager that can oversee a cleaning crew. From the dust on the room door slats to the grimy and torn curtains, its in bad shape. To top it off, the made stole my prescription of Lortab. I didnt realize it until i got home a few days later and had to have one and found my entire new bottle empty, Ya, don't waste your money here. Very disappointing all the way around.

Room Tip: my room was a standard room at $97 a night. Maybe the more expensive rooms are better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Julie742

Reviewed 11 August 2012

What I loved about the Arlington. Being a person who travels with a dog, different things impress me than your average tourist. I LOVED being able to walk out the door at the end of my hall on the 6th floor and within seconds entering a woodland path that's perfect for walking a dog, esp a dog like mine who loves the woods. I loved the lobby - the bar, the live entertainment, the free popcorn. I loved the location - near everything down town. I loved the bed - truly lux and a great night's sleep. I loved the free soaps and etc. I loved the 3rd floor spa, even tho I had to settle for the bath and sauna pack because the 3 BUS'S that arrived before me booked all the massages and other treatments!
What I didn't like. The room WAS kind of rundown. Average on clean in the bathroom, the toilet wasn't clean beneath, but I saw no mold. I had the shower only kind of room - to get a bath tub is more expensive, and the shower head WAS the Walmart kind. I didn't like the fact that the guy who parked my car smoked in my car. I didn't like the carpet that hadn't been shampooed in a while. I didn't like that the room next door got a wake up call that woke me!!

but all in all, for 200.00 I drank mucho wine in the lobby, met and befriended a couple of gals, walked my dog in the woods, and slept well in really interesting vintage surroundings. For that money, in CA, I got a room. period.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, the middle hall 6th floor exits right into the woods of the mountain!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Cindybettinger
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We have been staying at the Arlington on our trips to Hot Springs for about 10 years. In that time we have stayed at other places in Hot Springs and always keep coming back to the Arlington. We really like the poarch and watch the traffic go by. The rooms are nothing special but just the style and history of the hotel keeps us coning back. The Friday night Sea Food Buffett is the major attraction to us, best we have ever been to. The sat.night buffett is equally good (Prime Rib) and the fixings. The buffetts are a little pricey and we still come back, its worth it. The location is prime walking distance to lots of shops and bars, but you don't need the bars the Arlington has a great one. The pool and hot tub is on the side of the mountain easy acess form the 7th floor and both are great. The massage is very good and the last couple of years we have been going to Buck Staff Bath House, a little better massage and a little better price. I can not say anything bad about the Arlington, next trip we will stay there. For saving money go some where else, for a good time,good food and good location stay at the Arlington.

Gary & Wilma

Room Tip: Every room we have stayed in was good and remember this is an old Hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hare5759
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Really nice old hotel. I had read the reviews that complained about its aging, but I will say it has aged gracefully. If you want to stay at a place that is completely at home in a historic district, this is for you. Despite the large number of rooms, we were checked in quickly. I would avoid the valet(hectic) and park for free a block away in the hotel garage.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Saintsfan71457
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We booked the Family Bed & Breakfast Package and found it well worth the price. The staff was very nice and took good care of us. Its true the property needs some attention, it dates to the twenties folks. I'm at a loss for some of the negative reviews people have posted. They seem to be bitter, somewhat self important to me. The rates here do not warrant the kind of treatment they desire. I would recommend staying highly, you cannot get this feel in cookie cutter hotels. Its not perfect, but well worth the cost.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lee T
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Excellent service, attentive staff, very accommodating. The Arlington definitely has an old school feel to it. I booked a last minute mineral bath for my 77 year old grandmother and cousin after a disastrous attempt to receive service at Buckstaff bath house.

The Arlington staff were very welcoming and compassionate to my family. They both enjoyed their experience and personal attention.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnitaP
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I am a native Tennessean who stayed at the Arlington Hotel the weekend of the Nashville flood. I was there speaking on a business trip, and everyone there was so pleasant. The staff, the security, the servers were worried about Nashville when they saw the footage, and they even extended the courtesy of letting me stay another night without reservations. If there were a heard of elephants in the lobby, they would put that on hold to help you out. Thank you Arlington, Hot Springs... I will be back again very soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business