“When excellence and grace matters”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Houston TX
“When excellence and grace matters”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

As you go through life, there are a few gifts that you give yourself simply because you deserve them. Staying at the Arlington is one of those pleasantries. Whenever my wife & I pass anywhere near Hot Springs, we make it a point to stay here and we've always enjoyed the grace of a grand hotel. It is a joy to see the revitalization of downtown Hot Springs and everything is a convenient walk from the hotel. We make a point of always requesting a room facing downtown on the top floor and we've always enjoyed the view.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our room faced the street so we had a good view of the downtown area. This is an old hotel but the room was acceptable. I have read some other reviews so maybe we had a room that was more updated. The bathroom was very small with no place to put your toiletries but I guess this is how it was back then. The closet was bigger than the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. If you stay here make sure and sign up for the Bath Spa that includes the massage. Very relaxing and enjoyable!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the street. Breakfast buffet is overpriced. This hotel is walking distance t...
Wickes
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The food was great. Their dinner music (Piano) which should have been smooth and nice melody background music was not instead the man playing the piano pounded on it so hard that is was horrible.
The room was ok but no thermostat control so late in October can be cold and the room was cold.
I guess the bottom line is I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Doreen D

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were excited to stay at a 100+ year old hotel but won't do it again. The room was dirty. There was an excess of dirt on all the baseboards, window sills and window glass. There were few electrical outlets... hello, it's over 100 years old, but we travel with lots of things that need to be charged overnight. Loved the big cast iron tub in the bathroom but the pedestal sink meant there was no place to put your makeup, etc. The real kicker was the room temp. When the room didn't respond to a change to the thermostat, we called and asked for a maintenance check. That's when we were told the entire hotel is controlled by one switch. It's either on Heat or Cool. During our stay it was on heat and we were told to open a window if we wanted to cool down the room. To make matters worse, our room was on a corner where there was a roof deck that would easily allow someone to walk by our windows. I couldn't relax enough to sleep well with the windows open and couldn't sleep with them down. Final note...we were there for a motorcycle rally and one reason we picked this hotel was because it had an attached garage. BUT when we checked in, we were told that all motorcycles had to park in a garage down the street that had no gate and no security. Did I mention it was raining? They had allowed only the first floor of the secondary garage for motorcycles and we were packed in like sardines with more bikes arriving. This hotel has a beautiful lobby and I was told their spa is wonderful. We walked outside to view the pool and it was really something to see how it was built into the side of the mountain.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was my first stay at a grand hotel and I couldn't believe the price. $99 a night for so much luxury was a steal. The location was ideal, right in the heart of downtown and just about everything was within walking distance. We were on the 7th floor and overlooked "bath house row". The pool was also on the seventh floor as the hotel is nested on the side of a mountain so there were great views all around. The grandeur, beauty, and location were all great. The cons: our bathroom was so tiny a claustrophobe would have an episode taking a shower. The bed seemed as old as the hotel and was so lumpy I could barely sleep. We contemplated switching hotels several times. Who still has box tv's anymore? Door can be tricky just to open. Parking is literally a nightmare unless you valet. Self parking was real sketchy and not for the faint of heart. It was dimly lit and very dangerous in my opinion. I truly was thankful that I had my sidearm with me. I would give it a shot if you're a fan of grand old hotels but you would get a better nights sleep elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms with downtown views are much more scenic than the national park side.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aimless_Wanderer13
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Love love love the Arlington. My favorite spa in Hot Springs; the attendants are thoughtful and personable and treat you like a human being instead of just another customer. Bonus this trip: the Hot Springs Documentary Film Fest was being held in the hotel. Great experience all around.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank laurajeanorama9
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've been to several old grand hotels so I wasn't expecting to see an up-to-date facility, and it wasn't. What I was expecting was old world charm, and it DID have that. Staff was great. Bed, a king with exceptional linings and pillow top, a dream to sleep on. If you look you can find fault. Needs painting. Bathroom needs updating. But really can't complain. What we DIDNT like was the food. We were there on a Friday and Saturday and were excited by the offered seafood buffet. It was a little pricy but we were on vacation and, what the hell. It looked AMAZING! Like something out if a magazine. Should have ate the magazine instead. It was just...off. Hot food was cold. Cold was hot. What was edible was tasteless and I could have cried. We kept trying guys but the only thing edible was the cold shrimp, the cheeses, although wish they had crackers to go with it, and, out of the deserts, cheesecake. We would NOT do it again. In fact we ate out after and don't regret it. Try the Fusion for dinner. Egg muffin for breakfast. Don't make the mistake we did. Also, the cosmopolitans we had, the drink we judge all bars by, were just as bad. Watered down, tasteless and way, way over priced.

One final thought, pay the $15 valet parking. The free parking is way down the block and scary as hell, you have three floors with a great chance of hitting another car and the only way up or down is on the same ramp. I wish we would have spent the money on valet, not food.

Room Tip: We had junior suite and would choose it again. Big room with a great king bed. They use old world...
1 Thank Domina57