“Old School's Finest”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 23 December 2013

If you are looking to step back in history then this is the place. But with the classic also comes the old. The place looks very much like it did during the booming 60's and 70's. The main seating area and bar has a band on the weekends during racing season and is lots of fun. The rooms still look and feel like the old days so if you want "fresh and modern style" then you won't like this. They still have big keys for the rooms and not the modern plastic cards. The upside is that you can walk out the door and enjoy the main shopping strip. Its a place you need to stay once but not something a return visitor would go.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MoverShakerUSA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We spent the night at the Arlington to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We have been coming here for our anniversary for the last several years and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are older but well maintained and clean. The location is great, close to all the attractions in the park. They have a Jazz combo in the lobby on Friday and Saturday nights, we like to just sit in the balcony and watch the people dance. This is a great place if you like staying in historic hotels instead of the usual chains.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richkat9
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Arlington for a much needed getaway from reality. We were there Labor Day weekend. The hotel was buzzing with guests. We chose an "historic" room. I didn't have any major complaints - remember historic means old. These rooms are not like new chains. We had a great time at the Arlington and we would not stay ANYWHERE else in Hot Springs. The best things about this hotel are: the hotel lobby, the lively bar, the pool (with great views of town and a cabana), and the location - you can walk all over town from the front door of the hotel. I highly recommend the Arlington if you love old hotels with all their charm.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlaneberg
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed at the Arlington Thanksgiving weekend. Gracious old hotel that still has the feel of bygone days. Yes it could use some sprucing up but the room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PopC1333
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place definitely has the potential to be a wonderful "resort". However, there is much lacking. The staff could use some training on customer service. Also, the hours for the "resort" facilities could be extended. This is suppose to be a vacation spot, but everything in the hotel closes early. The rooms were nice, but it is definitely overpriced. We had an overall good trip, I would say we may not give the Arlington a second chance.

Room Tip: Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade.... the standard rooms are a little meek.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Oran P
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Arlington hotel has stood over Hot Springs Arkansas for more then 75 years, many famous people have visited the premises and have enjoyed the hot waters that flow from the nearby river. The hotel prides itself on its grand heritage, with prices to reflect its grandeur. We looked foreword to partaking in its glorious splendour.

My wife and I drove up to the front of the hotel to unload the suitcases. The elderly bellhop loaded our belongings on a trolley and disappeared while I inquired about parking. The hotel garage was one block down the street from the entrance in a sketchy area.

The unsupervised parking was patrolled by four young man in dark hoodies. After reading the large sign on the wall warning about belongings left there "are not the responsibility of the hotel", I wisely decided to park on the street instead. A refreshing walk back to the hotel found me in front of the check in counter.

All went smoothly. The lobby showed its age with tattered furniture, but full of character. The charming metal key opened the lock to our room and with a firm tug the door opened to a room which was somewhat updated from from the original 1800's.

The first thing we noticed was the large box TV on the dresser. After waiting a few minutes for it to warm up we found that it was in color.

The temperature in the room was a little too hot, so I phoned down to the desk clerk. He informed me that it was centrally controlled and I could open the window if I wanted it cooler. That worked fine.

The price of our deluxe room included hot water in the bath tub direct from the springs as an extra selling feature. In our tub the water temperature was only lukewarm, I passed up on the soaking opportunity since I'd had a shower the day before.

The bellhop showed up with our luggage later that day. I tipped him.

As a nice touch, WIFI was advertised at no cost. I tried to connect. No luck.The desk clerk recommended that I would have a better chance next to the entrance to the lobby. I wandered around the hotel with my laptop, I got a weak signal near the men's restrooms. I was discreet.

Later on, our open window to downtown Hot Springs afforded us the opportunity of being heralded at 5:30AM by garbage trucks doing their early rounds. It was not really a problem as our room #738 was next to the elevator which kept us awake most of the night.

I went downstairs to the coffee shop. The cappuccino was lovely, but I bypassed the pastries wrapped in plastic pouches. They reminded me of the goodies at the service station convenience store.

The check out was smooth. The lady was full of southern charm.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank miklos220
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this historic hotel over a weekend and was pleasently suprised. The hotel was built in the 1920s so it lacks the new hotel luster some people like to see but for us it took us back to a diffrent time and place. The lobby was all a buzz in the evenings with a band, dancing, cocktails and a great atmosphere. The next day we visited the spa and took part in a bath and massage. It was outstanding!! The service was excellent and 4 star. Next we had dinner in the dining room. The ribeye was great and my wife loved the lamb. It is a beautiful restaurant with a live piano player during the dinner service. The room service breakfast the next morning was quick to arrive and of good quality. Some of the drawbacks of this hotel are that they have limited television channals and for people who smoke they only offer non smoking rooms. In addition I think the valet is a little high on their price. But for an unforgettable experience and a trip down memory I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple