We stay at the Arlington approximately 3 or 4 times a year. We ONLY stay here because we can park our car for the weekend and walk everywhere we want to go. The historical feel of the hotel is great but about played out. The lobby is historically beautiful, the bar is decent and Friday and Saturday nights are always entertaining with the live band and assortment of dancers or those dancers who have defiantly had some liquid encouragement. We love to people watch so this is fun for us.
The rooms and pool area leave MUCH to be desired. It being valentines weekend we were stuck in room 205 on the second floor, just above the lobby (yes, where the live bands plays until 1230 am! And receptions are held, along with the public restrooms for these events) this room was a dungeon! We had never been in a room below the 5 floor. Which is doable if you are lucky enough to face to park. The rooms are musty and NEED to be updated. You would think being a historical landmark this place could get a grant to restore what was once a grand hotel.
The nicest part would be the spa and bathhouse, which are dated but the staff way more than makes up for that. They are so awesome and friendly. They take their time and let you soak up every moment.
We will continue to stay here I am sure for the very reasons listed above. If you are looking for more modern amenities this place is definitely not for you. If you are willing to just deal with it, you will likely enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic icon is perfectly located in Hot Springs National Park on beautiful Bathhouse Row. Since 1925 visitors have traveled to Hot Springs to stay, play and rejuvenate in the healing mineral waters of the natural thermal springs. Step back in time walking in the footsteps of such famous legends as Babe Ruth, Al Capone, Rudolph Valentino, Jack Dempsey, Lucky Luciano, Joe DiMaggio, Will Rogers, Johnny Cash, Marilyn Monroe and Presidents: John F. Kennedy, Theodore Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton. Feel the romance and charm of this culturally historic place. Experience a traditional bath at The Arlington Bathhouse or simply step outside to enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment at the Ohio Club, the Pancake Shop, Gangster Museum, Superior Bathhouse Brewery or take a cupcake break at Fat Bottom Girls. If nature calls, hike or bike miles of scenic trails in our first National Park or try your luck digging for diamonds or playing the ponies or slots at Oaklawn Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arlington Resort Hotel And Spa
- Arlington Hot Springs Arkansas
- Arlington Resort Hot Springs