Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Waters(Hot Springs)
  • Restaurant
Happy Hollow Motel(Hot Springs)
  • Breakfast included
Ozark Courts(Hot Springs)
Economy Inn(Hot Springs)
Rodeway Inn(Hot Springs)
1,714 results
All reviewsal caponegrand old hotelbath housemineral waterseafood buffetstep back in timebathhouse rowpool and hot tubmodern hotelnational parkhiking trailscentral avenuefront porchdowntown hot springsdowntown areahistorypiped
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stay at the Arlington approximately 3 or 4 times a year. We ONLY stay here because we can park our car for the weekend and walk everywhere we want to go. The historical feel of the hotel is great but about played out. The lobby is historically beautiful, the bar is decent and Friday and Saturday nights are always entertaining with the live band and assortment of dancers or those dancers who have defiantly had some liquid encouragement. We love to people watch so this is fun for us.
The rooms and pool area leave MUCH to be desired. It being valentines weekend we were stuck in room 205 on the second floor, just above the lobby (yes, where the live bands plays until 1230 am! And receptions are held, along with the public restrooms for these events) this room was a dungeon! We had never been in a room below the 5 floor. Which is doable if you are lucky enough to face to park. The rooms are musty and NEED to be updated. You would think being a historical landmark this place could get a grant to restore what was once a grand hotel.
The nicest part would be the spa and bathhouse, which are dated but the staff way more than makes up for that. They are so awesome and friendly. They take their time and let you soak up every moment.
We will continue to stay here I am sure for the very reasons listed above. If you are looking for more modern amenities this place is definitely not for you. If you are willing to just deal with it, you will likely enjoy.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeoffandCarrie
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Valentines weekend was probably the busiest we have seen the hotel in years and especially the entire area. I am truly sorry we were unable to move you from the second floor. I do understand on the second night that we were able to move you to the eighth floor for a more restful evening.

Appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Many generations came here, makes me feel my mothers spirit, but this is the last straw. My husband and I continued tradition every year for 20 yrs. it has gotten so rough Man off the street almost punched us to take our chair(we actually BUY drinks) not like the rednecks upstairs looking over dance floor. They had 4 domino pizzas and 2 boxes of wine. Class!!
Upon checking, did they tell is that our room on second floor would be vibrating to the rednecks and band until 1 am every night?
No apologies. I miss my parents, but we will NEVER return. Bad plumbing, bad management, and horrible customer service. It is a shame that these local inbreds don't have any class to appreciate the heritage

Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Sherri D

I was very disappointed and disturbed by the experience you had last weekend. Based on your loyalty it was a shame that we were unable to move your room from the second floor. We did in fact ask the individuals to remove the food and beverage from the public areas.

No matter what the circumstances are we have always strive for good customer service.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused and please accept the gift card I am sending you in an effort to win your confidence back.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The quality of this room is ridiculous. I understand that it is an older, historic hotel, but you do have to remodel the rooms. Cracks in the walls, rust stains in the sink and bathtub, it's unbelievable...
I hope they have other rooms nicer than the one I had.

• Stayed: February 2014

There are certainly no excuses for the condition of your room and especially the bathroom. We have been installing and renovation some of the smaller bathrooms with pedestal sinks that improve the appearance.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The Arlington Hotel is a wonderful hotel to stay with your loved one or with family! We haven't had the privilege of staying there in a while but I have wanted to write a review since then! If you go Plz take advantage of the spa and massage! Being within the hotel is a wonderful plus! The Saturday night dance with a live band is so entertaining! There are a few minor drawbacks: Always ask for a room AWAY from the elevator! Also the heat and air is the same in the whole hotel so if you go in say March and its warm the air conditioning may not be on yet! It may not be the perfect hotel for 20 to 30 year olds! All in all I would go back in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: ALWAYS away from elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

While the Arlington has a huge historical value it's not someplace I want to sleep again.

I'm sure at one time this hotel was the pinnacle of excellence. However today I believe the Motel 6 has a leg up on the Fire Hydrant known as the Arlington.

My complaint is not with the staff its clearly with the mismanagement and poor long term business planning of the current management team . This hotel seems to change hands more than the outsourced maid staff who changes the sheets.

Customer service should not be lip service. Milking a property for all the cash one can squeeze out of it and then sell it is not customer service its being a slum lord.

To be honest the bar and the wait staff, and the bellmen and the spa all went out of their way to make up for the blatant and screaming failures of this management teams poor decisions.

As I walk in the hotel I was clearly impressed by the historical value of my surroundings and the genuine welcome I received from the bellmen and the front desk.

Everything was going well until I walked into the room. Paint peeling from the ceiling, a musty smell permeated the air, the bathroom was dirty complete with more peeling paint and plumbing which hasn't been updated since the late sixties early seventies.

I was looking forward to the hot springs bath in the room and well after what I just shared with you - no so much actually I didn't want to sit in the tub.

I thought to myself certainly the pool area or hot tub in the winter would be a focal point or a highlight for the property. No sadly it was the focal point for more ridicule.

I have to ask myself who is making the decisions around here? What's more important, reinvesting in ones business future, or just milking the hell out of an already dry cow.

So I think to myself at least I'll just settle in with my computer and try and relax in this manner.

I was pleased to find there was free internet but wait - The internet is so poor I could barely check my email - Actually the internet was so bad AOL dial up would have been a step up.

Honestly I have had better internet service in third world countries.

I was so disappointed I went to bar to tie one on in an attempt to sleep it off, and have some breakfast. My plan in the morning was to head to a hotel who understands the value of customer service.

The bar was good and the locals were great to talk to. I ordered food while at the bar and I have to say it was very good as well as the service, and the genuine nature of the staff waiting on me.

Investing in basic hotel upgrades, investing in the staff rather than outsourcing them and berating them, would better serve this property.

Perhaps a course at the local community college surrounding business management and human resources would better serve this owners management team. But what do I know - I only travel for a living.

So to summarize - if I wanted a room by the hour the Arlington would be my choice - if I want a consistent product where the property reinvests in its customers and staff - well I'll just have to stay somewhere else.

Until this owner gives the hotel a good enema reliving itself of the ridiculous management team I wont be staying at the hotel gain. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice I'd have to be an idiot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Bob95895

Please accept my apologies for your recent stay.

Due to fluctuating business levels we have outsourced some positions in the hotel which we have found beneficial. The team members are made to feel a part of the hotel staff that has been here for many years.
I can tell you that in the four years that I have been the General Manager we are not milking the profits and plan on spending as much as possible to upgrade the hotel. The maintenance is ongoing in both the public areas as well as behind the scenes which is more difficult to see.

Appreciate your comments regarding the staff going out of their way.