“Unexpected”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel entrance was beautiful the spa and massage was great however the disappointing bedrooms: were horrible. I don't think they had been updated in 30 years the carpet was sticky the shower and bathroom was so out of date and uncomfortable so I would advise staying in a newer hotel but visiting their spa for a bath and massage

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Mary M
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I am so sorry that your experience was not to your satisfaction. We have in fact replaced as much as 85 % of the carpet and 100 % of the beds in the last few years. Some of our rooms are shower only and in fact smaller than most newer hotels.

I appreciate the feedback and hope you would give us another opportunity .

Bob Martorana

Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Arlington really could not have done a thing better. Old world charm mixed with modern day conveniences, made this weekend getaway trip a future necessity. After reading some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant at first; but I trusted a former colleague, packed my bags and headed south for rest and relaxation. Opting for the opulent Friday night seafood buffet and the absolutely right on time Al Capone package, was just what two hard working gals needed. Our two night spa package entailed a mystifying mineral bath and mystical massage, breakfast every morning, complimentary valet parking and passes to the Gangster museum!!!!! I will be returning with the Mr. soon!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Mineral bath and massage from the heavens!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doriankellly

I am so glad that you gave us an opportunity and that you enjoyed a " Ladies Night Out Weekend" here at the Arlington.

Hot Springs is always fun no matter what time of year.

Please visit again real soon !

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We set out to Hot Springs for a fun and relaxing weekend. The Arlington did not disappoint with its historical laid back feel.
The room was comfortable and the housekeeping service did a great job. The Sunday brunch is a must as it has some fabulous food choices and the homemade donuts are deliciously fun. We had a lovely time watching and listening to the live music on Saturday night.
A couple of good restaurants to check out is Ohio Club and Belle Arti Italian Restorante.
Overall we had a romantic wonderful time in Hot Springs. The Arlington has a rich history along with the bath houses.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leigh Anne D

I am so glad you had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend at the Arlington and in Hot Springs.

Please come back and visit us soon !

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have stayed at the Arlington Hotel annually since 1989, when it was very quaint and the staff had that southern hospitality mentality. I overlooked all the worn carpets, loud people (ladies basketball team), and the hot tub being occupied all day and night by the same beer drinking group. This trip we came for 3 nights, the hotel upgraded us to a nicer room and the beds were extremely comfy. The next morning, we waited for 15 minutes to get seated downstairs for breakfast and the service staff were nonresponsive and could care less, especially the restaurant manager. The next day we went to the lobby bar café, sat upstairs, and waited for the waitress for over 10 minutes, so I went to the bartender and asked if there was an appetizer menu and he gave me one. I ordered and went to sit down. We saw the waitress, but she wouldn't look at us, nor would she come up and ask us if we wanted anything. When our food came up, she brought it to us with plastic forks and said that she wasn't waiting on us because we ordered at the bar! Hello....What? The other 3-4 tables got silverware and tea. We had to go to the bar to get tea and then she wouldn't fill up our glasses when she filled up everyone else's glasses. We were stunned! The people sitting next to us were stunned! We have never seen this woman before and don't know why she was refusing to serve us. So I went to her and ask her? She tried to insult me and I told her there was no excuse and walked away. I then came back to the bar and paid my bill and told the bartender what she did and said. I also wrote the manager, who was out of town. I haven't had any response from Mr. Mortorama. I can tell you that we will not be driving 10 hours roundtrip to be treated like we were treated at the lobby bar café.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor or above. Ask to see where it is. Go see it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nelllang507

I am so sorry for the treatment you received in the bar area. Trust me when I say we do not tolerate this type of behavior from our staff. As you have come back to our hotel many times you also know this is not an indication of our type of service. Please accept my sincere apologies .

Because I was out of town my Administrative Assistant had responded to your e mail quickly , apologizing for the behavior, and insuring I received a copy.

Appreciate your loyalty and concern when it comes to the Arlington and ask that you give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This was my first time to stay at The Arlington. I was a bit skeptical because of the reviews, but I was pleased with my stay. Although the rooms are dated, my room was very clean and the bed was comfy. Perfect time of year to have the window open and enjoy the fresh air. The bar and lobby entertainment was wonderful. Not modern and updated but definitely a nice stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rateorhate

Really appreciate you giving us an opportunity to experience first hand the Arlington Resort Hotel and Spa.

Please come back and visit us again in the near future. Hot Springs has something happening just about every week.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

While the lobby, bar area seemed ok; the rest of the hotel is a complete dump. The rooms, hallways, etc are stained and dirty. The employees are rude and only do (clean, serve) just enough to get by. While I didn't expect The Peabody(Memphis) or The Capital Hotel(Little Rock), The Arlington is equivalent to the roadside motel that cost 20-30/night. Our family and friends will NEVER stay at this nasty, rundown hotel again. Stay AWAY!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank rodney G

Please accept my apologies for the fact that you found the hallways stained and dirty along with rude staff. It is rare that we receive comments regarding this type of behavior. Most all staff go out of their way to make up for some of our historic shortcomings.
I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed here a few years ago and loved it but looks like they have changed management. We stayed 3 nights. The night we checked in I pulled into the valet in the pouring rain and was told they had no space and I had to park 3 blocks away. My friend and I are both disabled and this is impossible. The valet didn't even offer to take our luggage. I ended up parking in the ONLY handicap space available that is on the street in front of the hotel. The valet saw my friend and two kids and I lugging all our luggage up the ramp ALONE and handicapped and never asked to even help.
I went to check in and told them about the issues. THe bar was full of drunk people and was very loud. THe manager came and told me to call her the next morning. Said she would get a valet space for me the next day but didn't even offer a discount on the rates after everything we'd already been through. No one offered to help us to our room either. We again took it all by ourselves.
The first night about midnight the people next door were drunk and fighting. We called security because it sounded like the guy was beating the woman up. Security went to the door but they didn't answer. Security told us to call again if we head anything further and they would then call the police. Who knows the woman could have already been dead anyway. Security said he'd already had the police there twice that night.
The bathroom in our room was filthy.I took pics but looks like I can only add one on here. The bath mat was torn and black with dirt. The bathtub itself was filthy. The chair rail around the wall and other fixtures were caked with dirt and dust. Don't get me started on the toilet... The sink had blood droplets on it that must have been from the previous people who stayed there. After our first night there I had to leave a note in the bathroom for the cleaning people asking them to please clean the bathroom since they didn't do it before we checked in.

I believe we were on the 5th floor. Hope the other rooms where the soda machines were aren't as gross as that one was. The floors were black with filth.

I love that the hotel has the pools and hot tub with mineral water. I don't know of any others there that have that. The hotel could be such a treat if they'd just clean the place and update some of the stuff.... like bath mats. At $140 per night I think they can afford cleaning and bath mats.

The staff in the salon and the spa were wonderful. We enjoyed the people but again the place isn't very well kept. The spa area is not updated at all. Parts of the tiles around the tubs look like they are going to fall down on you.

The mineral tub/massage was wonderful. Again, the people were great there. The equipment is in sad disrepair.
The salon was nice. I got a facial, reflexology massage, and bought some other supplies. The people were very nice there too. It was in better shape than the rest of the building.

It's nice the hotel is trying to keep the old world charm but it is possible to keep things repaired and clean. Hopefully they will change management soon so that the hotel doesn't fall apart and close. I would hate to see it go down any further.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank steph9176

I appreciate you for taking the time to let me know of not only the bad experiences that happened but also the good, especially when it comes to the staff. We take these comments very seriously and always looking forward to improving our hotel.
There are no excuses for the cleanliness and lack of service upon your arrival. The staff in the valet are most often attentive to everyone's needs despite the amount of business.
Please accept my sincere apologies and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.