“No place better in Hot Springs”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
“No place better in Hot Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Love the Arlington. Had a romantic weekend there in May. Did the Friday night buffet. Really just loved it all. Spent Saturday getting pampered & just enjoying Bathhouse Row. Will be heading back soon. All the staff are awesome. Especially the lobby bar staff. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Really appreciate the compliments and that you really enjoyed your stay. I hope you have been back since and if not, you return real soon.

Thanks,

Bob Martorana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I can not compare the hotel decor to the Omni in Austin where I stayed a couple of weeks ago. One place is new and shiny and one is old and dated. But the nostalgic surroundings made me feel more at home than the shiny new place. The lobby is filled with light fixtures and seating that takes you back in time. I visited during the HOG Rally. The valet staff was very helpful with our bikes. Our room was clean and linens were fresh. The ceiling fan kept us cool at night, along with the A/C that worked fine. The bath has a blow dryer, which I was happy about. Great view from our room! Plenty of towels, a TV that worked, a table and chairs. The fact is, you spend more time out of your room than in it. Friday night there was a beautiful seafood buffet in the main dining room, which was magnificent. Prime rib was also available, and a large salad bar, if you are not into seafood. I found the staff friendly, the room just fine and the history very interesting. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank txchiquita22
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and post pictures of your stay at the Arlington. We really look forward to the Hog Rally each year and always hosting the bike enthusiasts throughout the year.
Appreciate the business and look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Nice, quiet, clean room on the 10th floor. Reasonable rate. Amazing architecture, old world charm, relaxation at it's finest. Husband booked the room for our 20th anniversary. I was a bit tense about the stay based on some recent reviews on the Tripadvisor.com website. I was wrong to believe what I had read. I was so impressed with this hotel. It was booked to capacity, both a motorcycle rally in town and musical festival hosted at the hotel and in the downtown area. We checked in Friday, out on Sunday morning. The staff were busy taking care of everyone in this fully booked hotel and not one person was grumpy or anything less than gracious despite the many demands they were dealing with from check in to requests for towels to food service. Our hotel room was spacious, clean, air conditioning was cold and our view was incredible. I loved the large medicine cabinet in the bathroom and the closet although unused by us was HUGE! My husband had requested a quiet section so we were on the backside of the hotel facing the mountain and the morning view was so pretty. We parked the car Friday and never moved it again until Sunday when we checked out. Valet parking was full so he had to park the car himself but it was right down the street and he didn't feel the need to check on the car the whole time we were there. You can not beat the location. Easy walking to many restaurants and attractions.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and am looking forward to a return visit one day. I highly recommend the Arlington to anyone wanting a nice comfortable stay in a historic property but this hotel is not resting on it's laurels as a historic property. It is a full-service hotel with a high emphasis on customer service! It was so nice that we won't think of staying anywhere else and I had previously preferred staying at the Comfort Suites with my children because I had mistakenly assumed the Arlington wasn't family friendly. I'm now an Arlington convert. Although this trip was just my husband and I, there were many families staying there and it was obvious by their expressions they were pleased with their stay as well.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor on the backside of the hotel, nice view and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cnh624
Thank you for taking the time to provide a very detailed review of your experiences here at the hotel. So glad you decided on giving us an opportunity to be a part of your 20 th anniversary.

Please come back soon, bring the kids , and enjoy the hotel, pools, Magic Springs and Hot Springs.

Amory, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We love staying at the Arlington! It's very historic and it's like taking a step back in time. Yes, things are "dated" but it's very charming. The hotel is in the prefect location, walking distance to the main strip and beautiful scenery. My only complaint about the rooms is the walls are paper thin...you can hear everything your neighbors are doing. Our room was super clean and an overall great experience.
The staff are very friendly, especially the bath house staff. During my spa I had Innette---she is AMAZING!! She is very friendly and humorous and made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We will defiantly come back :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Memb4
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write of your experiences. I am so glad that you will be back and visit our hotel. I am blessed to have a great staff that really go out of their way to please the guest.

Appreciate the business.

arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Arlington is a remarkable historic hotel. If you want shiny new there are a lot of chain hotels nearby. Rooms are fine, beds comfortable, and staff incredible. The hotel is like stepping back in time to a more elegant age. Friday night seafood buffet, weekend night dancing to a small band, the veranda all add to the charm. Walking distance to everything downtown. If everyone "stays elsewhere" the Arlington will disappear like the Majestic nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ironside54
Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience here at the hotel. We appreciate the recommendation that people should take full advantage of this historic place. Love the expression when they come for the first time.

Please come back and visit us real soon

Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at the Arlington in 2008 and 2010. I just checked this site and others like this to see if any improvements had been made since then. In 2008 it was ok and had that old school feel and charm. We enjoyed it. But in 2010 when just my husband and I stayed there it had gone down even more. There was a lot of boarded up stuff on the decks where the pools are I think on the 5th floor not sure of the floor. However, they were making some repairs it seemed to that area. It looked bad and not safe to be up there. I like the big veranda the Arlington has because it is nice to sit outside. This hotel has sooo much potential. I am sure it was grand back in the day but now it is soo run down. Wish they had made improvements over the last few years because I wanted to stay there but I refuse to pay that price for something far worse than the comforts of home. I also refuse to pay these prices when you can pay the same at a hotel down the street that is newly built. Come on Arlington, do better! You are the grand hotel in the center of the town and it's not a big town! Old charm is one thing but raggedy, smelly, and nasty looking is another!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of city.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nformu2
I am so sorry that your impression of the hotel since 2010 is still the same without visiting and seeing the property. The pool area is in much better shape and not sure we ever boarded up areas. It is completly safe.

I hope you will give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to Hot Springs.

Sincerly,

General manager

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Minden, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

So this is my second and last time staying at the Arlington. This stay was terrible while the previous one was just ok. My first complaint is the valet parking. There was a wedding going on at the hotel but none of the wedding party were residents of the hotel says the valet guy. The wedding party has taken up the valet parking that should be for their actual paying customers. So we had to park in the free garage. The first thing you see in the garage is a sign that says Arlington is not responsible for your stuff but you have to have a hotel tag to even be in the parking garage??? There are no attendants at the garage and quite frankly I felt unsafe. Park where you can in the garage no one cares. For someone with more than one or two bags drop your bags at the hotel and then go park. Check in was the norm. They do give you a run down of the boiler system (stupid) and the cost of the historic style room keys (that no one cares about). The lobby is amazing and the hotel has spent every extra penny on making sure the lobby is amazing but that's it. They need to light a match to the rest of it. For some reason they like to stick people on the 7th floor which is where the pool is so you get noise and a lot of traffic on that floor. Be sure to ask for a room with a view otherwise you are getting the nasty side of the pool view that makes you want to keep those old stale curtains closed the whole time you are there. Its one thing to be historic, its quite another to be nasty. My hotel room last night had a toilet see that was too small for the toilet allowing your thighs to touch the under part from the seat...eww. Water pressure sucks, did I mention the odor. The bathroom was like a public restroom and I treated it as such. The carpet was so nasty that it was almost sticky EVERYWHERE. Look enjoy the lobby, music, drinks, people and free popcorn then go stay in your actual hotel that has tv channels and you can regulate your own air. We literally walked the strip after checking out to see what hotels we would be staying in for the future. Next stop the Regency Hotel.

Room Tip: Specify no views of the pool. Specify rooms between the first and 3rd floor but really stay somewher...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tommie A
I am sorry that your stay was not a good experience. Weekends are the busiest time in the hotel and in Hot Springs. Please trust that if we could have parked you in valet we would have.. The wedding guests took up a few daily parking areas and not overnight. The garage is patrolled by our security staff. There are certainly no excuses for the carpet or lack of water pressure.

Once again please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Sincerly,