“Classic.”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Classic.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a neat old hotel. I enjoy the bath house! and the breakfast in the dining roomis a real treat. Te pool area is enjoyable as well. The Arlington is an old building, but it has a comfortable charm.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LizzieBorden92
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I will say most of our guests feel relaxed and comfortable here at the Arlington. I was pleased to read that you felt the same.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

Bob Martorana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Staying at the Arlington is like stepping back in time. I do recommend staying there at least once because of its location in town and because of the historical aspect of this property. However, it’s good to know what to expect before making reservations so that you are not disappointed. Those working at the hotel are pleasant and helpful. But the hotel itself is a bit tired. For example, our room was spacious – two queen beds (a bit lumpy – could use new mattresses) and a sitting area. But the bathroom’s harvest gold tub, rotting wood at the base of the door, and mold on the ceiling, certainly detracted from any ambience. I know it’s possible to spray paint the tubs, patch the woodwork, and clean the ceiling. These corrections would not be terribly costly and they would help immensely! And although it looked like there were vacuum marks on the carpeting, there were visible specks of dirt on the floor, so either it was not vacuumed or new vacs may be needed!
We took the baths at the Arlington in the morning, and it was great to just come up a few flights to our room afterward.
Visiting and people watching while sitting on the wrap-around veranda or the opulent lobby is a real treat. There is a lovely pool and hot tub off the 7th floor that is landscaped into the hillside.We didn’t eat at the hotel, but I saw someone by the pool eating a huge hamburger she said she ordered on the premises.
The 4 rating is an optimistic one - hoping some maintenance and quality control will be done soon to spruce up this treasure! Go to enjoy the historical aspects and to appreciate the beauty that remains - tile flooring, murals, marble stairways, etc. - it may not be there much longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SuePete
Thank you for taking the time to write of your bad as well as some of the good experiences. We have been in fact removing the old tub liners and spray painting several tubs each month. I am surprised at the condition of the bed since we did change to all new pillow top mattresses just a few years ago.

The maintenance and upkeep is ongoing. I hope you will give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to Hot Springs.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Love the Arlington. Had a romantic weekend there in May. Did the Friday night buffet. Really just loved it all. Spent Saturday getting pampered & just enjoying Bathhouse Row. Will be heading back soon. All the staff are awesome. Especially the lobby bar staff. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014
Really appreciate the compliments and that you really enjoyed your stay. I hope you have been back since and if not, you return real soon.

Thanks,

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I can not compare the hotel decor to the Omni in Austin where I stayed a couple of weeks ago. One place is new and shiny and one is old and dated. But the nostalgic surroundings made me feel more at home than the shiny new place. The lobby is filled with light fixtures and seating that takes you back in time. I visited during the HOG Rally. The valet staff was very helpful with our bikes. Our room was clean and linens were fresh. The ceiling fan kept us cool at night, along with the A/C that worked fine. The bath has a blow dryer, which I was happy about. Great view from our room! Plenty of towels, a TV that worked, a table and chairs. The fact is, you spend more time out of your room than in it. Friday night there was a beautiful seafood buffet in the main dining room, which was magnificent. Prime rib was also available, and a large salad bar, if you are not into seafood. I found the staff friendly, the room just fine and the history very interesting. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank txchiquita22
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and post pictures of your stay at the Arlington. We really look forward to the Hog Rally each year and always hosting the bike enthusiasts throughout the year.
Appreciate the business and look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Nice, quiet, clean room on the 10th floor. Reasonable rate. Amazing architecture, old world charm, relaxation at it's finest. Husband booked the room for our 20th anniversary. I was a bit tense about the stay based on some recent reviews on the Tripadvisor.com website. I was wrong to believe what I had read. I was so impressed with this hotel. It was booked to capacity, both a motorcycle rally in town and musical festival hosted at the hotel and in the downtown area. We checked in Friday, out on Sunday morning. The staff were busy taking care of everyone in this fully booked hotel and not one person was grumpy or anything less than gracious despite the many demands they were dealing with from check in to requests for towels to food service. Our hotel room was spacious, clean, air conditioning was cold and our view was incredible. I loved the large medicine cabinet in the bathroom and the closet although unused by us was HUGE! My husband had requested a quiet section so we were on the backside of the hotel facing the mountain and the morning view was so pretty. We parked the car Friday and never moved it again until Sunday when we checked out. Valet parking was full so he had to park the car himself but it was right down the street and he didn't feel the need to check on the car the whole time we were there. You can not beat the location. Easy walking to many restaurants and attractions.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and am looking forward to a return visit one day. I highly recommend the Arlington to anyone wanting a nice comfortable stay in a historic property but this hotel is not resting on it's laurels as a historic property. It is a full-service hotel with a high emphasis on customer service! It was so nice that we won't think of staying anywhere else and I had previously preferred staying at the Comfort Suites with my children because I had mistakenly assumed the Arlington wasn't family friendly. I'm now an Arlington convert. Although this trip was just my husband and I, there were many families staying there and it was obvious by their expressions they were pleased with their stay as well.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor on the backside of the hotel, nice view and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cnh624
Thank you for taking the time to provide a very detailed review of your experiences here at the hotel. So glad you decided on giving us an opportunity to be a part of your 20 th anniversary.

Please come back soon, bring the kids , and enjoy the hotel, pools, Magic Springs and Hot Springs.

Amory, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We love staying at the Arlington! It's very historic and it's like taking a step back in time. Yes, things are "dated" but it's very charming. The hotel is in the prefect location, walking distance to the main strip and beautiful scenery. My only complaint about the rooms is the walls are paper thin...you can hear everything your neighbors are doing. Our room was super clean and an overall great experience.
The staff are very friendly, especially the bath house staff. During my spa I had Innette---she is AMAZING!! She is very friendly and humorous and made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We will defiantly come back :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Memb4
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write of your experiences. I am so glad that you will be back and visit our hotel. I am blessed to have a great staff that really go out of their way to please the guest.

Appreciate the business.

arkansas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Arlington is a remarkable historic hotel. If you want shiny new there are a lot of chain hotels nearby. Rooms are fine, beds comfortable, and staff incredible. The hotel is like stepping back in time to a more elegant age. Friday night seafood buffet, weekend night dancing to a small band, the veranda all add to the charm. Walking distance to everything downtown. If everyone "stays elsewhere" the Arlington will disappear like the Majestic nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ironside54
Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience here at the hotel. We appreciate the recommendation that people should take full advantage of this historic place. Love the expression when they come for the first time.

Please come back and visit us real soon