“Spa”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Overland Park, Kansas
“Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Hard to find a place to accommodate children (ages 9 &11). The staff (Glenda & Susan) were super sweet. My daughters really enjoyed Susan.

For a first time experience- we really enjoyed ourselves.

For basic bath, loofa mitt included.

Only bad was final shower sprays not all working.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank kristin s
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review and recognize our staff. So glad the kids enjoyed the experience.
Come back and visit again real soon.

Bob Martorana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
south texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here this past week in the Al Capone suite. This is one of the premiere suites in the hotel. I'm sure that if Mr. Capone had stayed in this suite today; someone would be pushing up daisies in the morning sun.

The door is next to impossible to get open.

Check in girl told us we had a package and gave us the appropriate paperwork. Free breakfast, valet parking, a spa service. We took advantage of all these. When I went to check out, they tried to charge me for all this. Took almost 30 mins to get this squared away. They said the package was only for two days; we stayed three. Check in girl failed to mention that.

Our bathtub drain was clogged and maintenance was unable to fix it. Poured some sort of liquid down it. Didn't clear until the next morning when my wife washed her hair in the sink.

The biggest issue was the parking. When I got home and was washing the rental car prior to returning it, I discovered that there was a deep scrape on the left front bumper. With the exception of its time in valet parking, the car was not out of my control. Now I must pay to repair this. The valets at the Arlington did this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SouthTexasReddog
Please accept my apologies for the the confusion regarding your package and the Al Capone suite. I do believe when the maintenance staff could not fix the drain until the morning that we offered a connecting room in an effort to lessen the inconvenience.
While I understand the car had damage it is very difficult to determine the cause once it leaves our valet area. If this was the fact we would be responsible for the repairs.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

A four star rating was the absolute best I could give this place three stars a a bit more accurate. We had a family reunion here which was GREAT the meeting rooms and staff for the reunion get together a were professional and friendly. Some of us did however eat in the dining room at different times and had some very rude service from the wait staff. The housekeeping could do a much better job at cleaning the rooms which would make the guest not mind how old and run down they seem to be. Valet parking was worth the $15 just to have a place to park, but be prepared to wait for you vehicle or call ahead because it is not well staffed. There seems to be lack of managerial supervision on the premises. Now for the up side the pool area is great, there is a pool bar that also serves food. The veranda is 1/16th of a mile long with tables and chairs around it and a perfect place to sit visit and watch the busy central street. The lobby bar staff terrific and very helpful and the lobby it self is beautiful!! I would probably go back.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank pa55p0rttrave1er
Appreciate the feedback and taking the time to provide a review.
Please accept my apologies for the lack of housekeeping service and the experience in the restaurant.
I was pleased that you would return. Family reunions are always a treat at the Arlington and in Hot Springs.

Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My first visit to a bath house spa, as a man I was worried about the trip, but I did want a mud bath and wanted to experience it! the staff was extremely helpful, nice, respectful, everything they could be plus a million. the Manager, Brenda was SO helpful in getting my wife and I scheduled together so we could do everything together and finish close to the same time. If you watch every dollar like me, do not Valet park, there is free parking across the street, follow the signs that say free public parking. I did not care for the valet parking, they messed up my wifes seat memory, brought my vehicle into the receiving area to hard/fast. will go back to the bath house, just do the free parking garage, easy to get in, find a spot, just scary getting out over the spikes.

Room Tip: did not stay night, don't use valet parking
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CraneOp2014
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the spa and was pleased that Brenda was able to provide the exceptional experience for both you and your wife.

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience with our valet staff. Please accept my apologies. The hotel also has free parking less than a block away.

I hope you have another opportunity to visit us again real soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

A very good choice for anyone interested in history, architecture and atmosphere. Many historical figures have stayed here, ranging from presidents to gangsters, athletes to artists. In the many times that I've stayed here in the past ten years, people in the lobby have been eclectic and interesting, and sometimes there are moderate-size conventions going on. Throughout the base of the Arlington, there are many excellent meeting spots and places to relax -- from the main lobby and bar area to the outdoor veranda facing the town. It has a pretty laid back atmosphere. You can also have breakfast or dinner in high-ceiling rooms that are right out of 'The Shining.'

Note: this is not a brand new hotel; it's probably best to assume a fairly mellow attitude going in.

Parking: either valet or, whether full or if you prefer free parking, the Arlington has a big old three-decker garage a couple buildings down the street that is free, next to their small open lot (also free, but often full). The Arlington assumes no liability if you park in their free choices, but I have never had a problem yet.

Room Tip: You may want to figure out which way your room will be facing for the sake of views. Front rooms fac...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Erik F
The history that has passed though the doors of the Arlington is fascinating. As the GM for the past 5 years it is always a treat to hear something new from a guest or local historian here in Hot Springs. People watching is always fun !

Thank you for your past patronage and look forward to being of service in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a neat old hotel. I enjoy the bath house! and the breakfast in the dining roomis a real treat. Te pool area is enjoyable as well. The Arlington is an old building, but it has a comfortable charm.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LizzieBorden92
I will say most of our guests feel relaxed and comfortable here at the Arlington. I was pleased to read that you felt the same.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Staying at the Arlington is like stepping back in time. I do recommend staying there at least once because of its location in town and because of the historical aspect of this property. However, it’s good to know what to expect before making reservations so that you are not disappointed. Those working at the hotel are pleasant and helpful. But the hotel itself is a bit tired. For example, our room was spacious – two queen beds (a bit lumpy – could use new mattresses) and a sitting area. But the bathroom’s harvest gold tub, rotting wood at the base of the door, and mold on the ceiling, certainly detracted from any ambience. I know it’s possible to spray paint the tubs, patch the woodwork, and clean the ceiling. These corrections would not be terribly costly and they would help immensely! And although it looked like there were vacuum marks on the carpeting, there were visible specks of dirt on the floor, so either it was not vacuumed or new vacs may be needed!
We took the baths at the Arlington in the morning, and it was great to just come up a few flights to our room afterward.
Visiting and people watching while sitting on the wrap-around veranda or the opulent lobby is a real treat. There is a lovely pool and hot tub off the 7th floor that is landscaped into the hillside.We didn’t eat at the hotel, but I saw someone by the pool eating a huge hamburger she said she ordered on the premises.
The 4 rating is an optimistic one - hoping some maintenance and quality control will be done soon to spruce up this treasure! Go to enjoy the historical aspects and to appreciate the beauty that remains - tile flooring, murals, marble stairways, etc. - it may not be there much longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SuePete
Thank you for taking the time to write of your bad as well as some of the good experiences. We have been in fact removing the old tub liners and spray painting several tubs each month. I am surprised at the condition of the bed since we did change to all new pillow top mattresses just a few years ago.

The maintenance and upkeep is ongoing. I hope you will give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to Hot Springs.