“The service is awful and so disappointed to how the staff Handel situations!”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
“The service is awful and so disappointed to how the staff Handel situations!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I will never stay at this hotel ever again. We came fur a birthday celebration that turned I to a nightmare. We were staying in a smoke free floor and found shortly after when we checked in that the people in the next room were smoking and it was so strong that we couldn't breath. We told several staff who did nothing about the situation. We even talked to the manager an duty and thought it would be handled. We left for dinner and then came back and found nothing had been done! It even smelled worse, the smile was awful. We called the front desk and talked to the manager and after 30 mins of arguing with them, keep in mind no one came up to check on the situation, they told me I had to move!!!!! I wasn't smoking or breaking the rules but I had to pack up my room at 11:00pm at night. Then to too it off they moved me to an even worse room then were I was that was dirty and 1/3 the size of the room I paid for. None of the staff cared or even wanted to help make the situation better. So sad! I will never return, such a disappointment! Warning DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank GaugeJess
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I am so sorry to read that you will not stay in our hotel again due to another guest smoking in our " Non Smoking " facility. I realize it was probably very frustrating and apologize for the stress and discomfort that was placed on your group.
The security staff and manager on duty did in fact go to the rooms and actually entered the room you thought and our staff thought the smoke was coming from.The guest was not in the room at the time and there was no evidence. Due to your frustration, as well as ours, we were only trying to do the next best thing and offer to move you to another room.
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused .

Bob Martorana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

If you like historical hotels that don't feel the necessity of renovating every time the styles change, this hotel is for you. We loved it. The rooms are small but comfortable. The pool was fun, and the kids loved it. Plus, it's in the heart of downtown, so you can walk everywhere. There is free parking close by, so be aware of that when they want to charge you $15 a day to park. As for the dining hall, I would advise passing. We paid over $100 for the Friday night seafood buffet for 2 adults and 2 kids, and the only thing decent was the crab legs. Overall, though, the hotel was great.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Jill R
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and your experiences. I was pleasesd top read that your overall stay was great.
Please accept my apologies for the lack of value received with our seafood feast. Our chef has really made an effort with fresh salads, salmon, shrimp, desserts etc and feedback has been positive.

Appreciate the business and hope that you will be back soon.

little rock
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed there with three friends over the weekend. The lobby was beautiful--all iron and stone--and our suites were quiet and extraordinarily comfortable. The outdoor pool built into the mountain is exquisite.
I left a dress in the closet, and was able to easily retrieve it the following week thanks to the helpful and organized staff.
It is an amazing, fortresslike structure. My only suggestion for improvement would be to ban smoking on the elegant veranda.

Room Tip: I suggest room 321!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeanprius
I am so glad you and your friends enjoyed the weekend here at the Arlington. Thank you for sharing your wonderfull experience.

Please come back and visit us again real soon !

Thanks,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We're so happy that The Arlington Hotel always has the same welcoming feeling when you walk through the door. Our first encounter was with the valet parking attendants and there were two fellows waiting to help us unload. They greeted us with a smile and said to "Enjoy your stay at The Arlington!" Inside at check-in, a very nice lady helped us with check-in and seemed to enjoy her job. We were two couples and they accommodated us with adjoining rooms, which were very pretty and clean. The most important thing was that they were nice and cool at this time of the year. We decided to explore around the pool area and was disappointed to find the upper deep pool was empty and marked off. Maybe repairs of the old tile were about to start. Hope so, cause new tile was needed around the edges. We enjoyed the wonderful Friday night Seafood Buffet with delectable crab legs, boiled shrimp and other goodies. What made it all worth the $30 was the great piano player, which provided an elegant atmosphere. Breakfast the next morning was very good but we wished for the old elegant china, such as nice cups and saucers for coffee. I know that's picky but it meant something to us. Mugs just don't fit the elegance of that Venetian Dining room. Both Friday and Saturday nights, we sat and enjoyed the Willie Davis Combo in the elegant lobby and had fun people watching. There is just nothing like watching all the happy families coming and going through that revolving door as people are dancing away to the music. Where else can you get that great atmosphere? Not many places. So all of you who give bad reviews, try to appreciate what this great hotel DOES provide and lets hope that this charm continues for years and years.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
I am so glad you enjoyed your experience once again at the Arlington. We appreciate the review and the fact you took advantage of just about everything we have to offer.

Thanks for the business and hope thet you will again return in the very near future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the Arlington on a Friday night for business. I have two positive comments about the hotel: First, the man who checked me in (and also was at the desk to check me out the next morning) was kind, helpful, and courteous. Second, the location of the hotel is outstanding, right on the main street and within a block or so of the spas. It may be worth staying at the Arlington just to be near all the shops and restaurants, but I think I will stay elsewhere in Hot Springs next time.

First, you have two parking options. You can valet park, which is expensive and subject to long waits. Or you can park on your own . . . at a parking garage down the street, which is small and quickly fills up. It's a pretty significant walk to and from the parking garage, especially with luggage in hand. Neither option is very appealing.

Next, as other reviewers have suggested, the hotel is old. And the sense of sleeping in an antique-structure did not help the comfort-level in the rooms. The rooms have few electrical outlets. The doors and walls allow noise from the hallways and conversations from surrounding rooms. My room's dated window didn't seal, and the window sill and floor around the window were wet from rains that came the morning before I arrived. Street noise on the main drag below was constant through the old windows (even from the ninth floor) and kept me awake until early in the morning.

I have to say that the Friday night seafood buffet was a treat, though expensive. But as a splurge, it's worthwhile.

For me, the "charm" of the aged hotel did not outweigh my desire for a quiet night of sleep and the basic comforts of a class hotel.

Room Tip: The check-in guy said the rooms up high and on the inside were quieter. He thought that he was givin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jtw58
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. I am so sorry that the nights stay was not as restfull as planned. We do have some challenges being in a downtown area surrounded by buildings and mountains.
The parking garage is less than a block away, but our bellstaff is more than willing to allow all of our guests to unload their luggage in the valet area.
Once again please accept my apologies and hope that you would once again give us an opportunity to be of service in the future.

Marshall, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My stay was on 6/13-14/ 2014
First off... The front desk people were fantastic. And that concludes the favorable portion of my review.
There is nothing 'stately' or 'charming' about this property. It is old, period. Their idea of fixing the place up is to slap another coat of paint on something. The bathroom door in my suite would not even latch, much less lock! The towel rack in the bathroom was literally rusted. There are no outlets for phones, laptops, etc. The furnishings look as if they could be the original decor from the twenties... Not in an antique way, just old!. The dinette set in the great room had the veneer peeling off and the two chairs in which I tried to sit were LITERAL health hazards. The TV in the great room didn't work, and the one in the bedroom wasn't worth watching. The valet parking is also the delivery port and is basically a constant traffic jam. I waited once for 14 minutes to get my vehicle. And a hearty man could grow a beard waiting for an elevator.
Their room service was quick, once I got my order placed. I had to go to my 4th choice because t they were out of this or that and flat refused to substitute sides. I started ordering a steak and ended up with a sandwich and fries. The woman who delivered the meal to my room was pushy and acted if she was doing me a favor.
You could hear everything that was happening outside, all traffic, and anything going on in the hallways.
The walls and trim had been painted so many times you couldn't see the corners and contours.
And to top it all off, the fan and light switch was nothing short of a fire hazard!
The owners of this hotel should make a trip to Dallas and see how the Adolphus Hotel operates. The Adolphus kept the old world charm ( the Adolphus is older than the Arlington ) Yet balanced it with modern conveniences and a comfortable atmosphere.
I travel fairly often and this is the first bad review I felt compelled to write.
Galen Russell
Marshall Tx.

Room Tip: Stay away from this property!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Galen R
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of some disappointments with your stay. The feedback is important in our effort to improve the services and condition. The renovatio of our rooms and property is ongoing.
Please accept my sincere apologies for your umpleasant experience and hope you would give us another opportunity .

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Hard to find a place to accommodate children (ages 9 &11). The staff (Glenda & Susan) were super sweet. My daughters really enjoyed Susan.

For a first time experience- we really enjoyed ourselves.

For basic bath, loofa mitt included.

Only bad was final shower sprays not all working.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank kristin s
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review and recognize our staff. So glad the kids enjoyed the experience.
Come back and visit again real soon.