“Loved the Arlington..SO Much History!!!!”

Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Fort Worth, Texas
“Loved the Arlington..SO Much History!!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Please take the time to experience the Arlington for what it is...a beautifully kept Grande Dame of a hotel from the roaring 20's. Take your family and allow them to experience the elegant atmosphere...the history, the sights, the sounds, even the smells....this is an EXPERIENCE, not just a stay at a cookie cutter hotel. Dine in the fabulous Venetian Room with all its original chandeliers and gilded mirrors, soaring ceilings, live piano and exquisite cuisine. Dress up a little and let the atmosphere sink in. Look out onto the massive veranda and watch the people experiencing the steaming hot springs in the lovely park across the street. There are so many details to list from the ornate elevators, glass doorknobs and heavenly bath tubs to the fascinating facts about how this little town came to be nestled in the first National Park in our US History. The guest rooms are just updated enough and yet still let you feel as if you are "playing in time". We stayed on the Al Capone floor and our teens loved learning about the history of that time era. A thorough exploration of all the floors for "ghosts" took place each night. We loved the live swing band in the evenings, the perfect touch for what probably would have been very close to the offerings when the Arlington was THE place to be. We could imagine ladies and gentlemen dressed in their finest, gliding across the lobby dance floor and parading up and down the expansive outdoor veranda. So much of the original hotel has been preserved. This is a MUST for history lovers or for lovers of beautiful hotels/architecture.
The third floor still serves guests with its full service private baths, towel wraps and massages. You know you have hit upon a hidden gem when your teens are looking for the historical information to read as soon as you check in and before you go out to see what it around the hotel. We liked watching peoples' reactions as they came into the lobby for the first time. The outdoor pool is practically carved right into the side of the mountain and the hot tub area was large and accommodating. As was customary in the large hotels of the day, the basement hides little surprises, as well. Find the beauty parlor, fitness center and sundries and upscale clothing shops all lined up on their on little indoor avenue. Catch a carriage ride ($45 for four) and hear some history and lighthearted humor on a ride down Central Avenue or into a quiet little park. Shopping and dining is literally within walking distance as is the entire historic Bath House Row. a short drive up the road will find modern shopping conveniences (Kroger, Walgreens, etc) and every chain fast food store. See additional reviews for the Springs, the Mountain Tower, Bath House Row and museums, The Alligator Farm and The Belle Boat Tours. Room rates were under $120....unheard of for hotels of this nature. Don't listen to even one negative review. The walls are NOT paper thin...they are thickly plastered. The halls were quiet and when we smelled someone smoking in our hallway, management was up to our floor in minutes. The beds were better than some Hiltons we have stayed at. The ceilings are high and there is crown molding everywhere. Water pressure was awesome and the water was HOT. The air conditioning was perfect. Everything was clean. Yes there is dust...but old buildings have dust. It can't be helped. The doors to the rooms are original..they use REAL keys. The negatives are from those who would never appreciate This is truly a hidden gem. Loved every nook and cranny.....and yes...they have a Starbucks! This would be the perfect place for a destination wedding or family reunion.

Room Tip: Rooms near Al Capone's room were the best for a view of "The Avenue"....where the magn...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This historic hotel is in the right place in the central district of Hot Springs, AR. It is right in the middle of the shopping and dining in the "old part" of town The room rates are very reasonable and the mineral water baths and massages are absurdly inexpensive. The staff is VERY friendly and the restaurant is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Great food and low prices are what this chef is doing! I ordered from the lobby bar and the Capone burger was outstanding as were the chicken quesadillas. The Sunday brunch was knockout with all the breakfast and lunch trimmings including hand-carved prime rib and smoked salmon and capers!

I was disappointed in the lack of disabled parking. Also, the staff is friendly but the management style is "loose" so sometimes the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing! YES, the rooms could be updated but that would only drive prices up and the ambience is clearly here so why "fix it"? I suggest staying here with friends, on a romantic get-away or with the kids or in-laws. It is a great all-round place!

Room Tip: Lower rooms offer better WiFi connectivity
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelerfrank79
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I love historic hotels and enjoyed my stay here. I love having the real keys. I had a bit of a hard time getting the door open here but there was always staff right on hand to help. Valet was great. Never had to wait very long. The free popcorn and ice water at the lobby bar was great. The hotel needs a bit of TLC and cleaning but overall was a good trip. No complaints except the bed was very uncomfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect. There are two pools and a hot tub and that area was very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melmill68
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and children stayed here last night and loved it! Ignore the haters and give it a try...it's literally like stepping back in time. My children and I explored and looked for "ghosts". They thought it was awesome! Breakfast this morning was delicious. The pancakes were amazing! Wonderful attentive staff as well.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Was pleased to read that you and your family had a great experience here at the hotel. Thanks for taking the time to give us the review.

Come and visit us again real soon.

general Manager
winnsboro
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The Arlington was a friendly hotel & spa during my stay. First day featured duet singers in the lobby for entertainment. Did not enjoy the parking. You have to walk from two buildings over to park at the Arlington parking lot and Valet is so small 15 cars max. . . The Spa was good. . The workers were friendly And pleasant. They took there time and you felt cared for. I feel you pay for the location and the history at The Arlington. .

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angelica2424
I was so pleased with your comments regarding our friendly and pleasant staff. It is a privilege to have such employees working here at the Arlington. The valet parking area actually has over 150 spaces. Only a few are seen in the garage entrance.

Please come back and visit us again real soon !

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Either they aren't staying at the Arlington Hotel or they are used to cookie cutter hotels with no character. And don't think I'm sacrificing amenities for history either. You can't beat the location if you are wanting to stay in the downtown area. I will review our two night stay. Arrival, you have an option of a. self-parking @ no charge or b. paying for valet parking. Valet was full so my husband self-parked. We checked in on a Friday afternoon, left Sunday morning, never moved the car and there were no problems when we returned. Checkin-fast and courteous. Ever employee we saw greeted us and were very courteous. We stayed on the 10th floor. Our room quality: I am a neat freak, OCD about cleanliness. Room was spacious, clean, bedding and linens were clean and the bathroom smelled of bleach and was very clean. King-size bed was very comfortable, room a/c cooled the room quickly and to a comfortable level. My hot-natured hubby had it so cold in there I threw on a sweatshirt! I saw another reviewer mention bugs, I never saw one. We went out to explore and stopped at the first level lounge/bar area to get sodas and snacks. THe service was impeccable. This hotel was @ capacity with a musical festival and motorcycle rally in town and random tourists. Employees were very gracious the entire time we were there and never seemed flustered by all the people demanding attention. I had forgotten toiletries and after searching downtown for a convenience store (the one downstairs was closed @ the time), I stopped at the front desk to ask for directions to the closest one. The front desk lady said "Oh no need to go out, we have exactly what you need and quickly supplied me with a razor and toothbrush". I loved that we got the same products in the room (Shampoo, soap/body gel that they make and use in their spa). Has wifi and I did have more trouble accessing when a thunderstorm rolled through but that also happens at home so I wasn't exasperated by it. For the rest of the trip when I tried to access wifi I had no problem but I wasn't there to sit in the room and hang out on my tablet. I was there for a romantic getaway with hubby but it seemed very family friendly judging by all the families with big smiles we saw staying there and next time when we come with our boys (ages 8 & 9) we will definitely stay there again! Highly recommend this hotel! Look forward to a return visit as soon as we can.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 10th floor with a view of the mountain tower. Nice quiet room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hola624
Thank you for taking the time to give a very detailed version of your pleasant experience here at the Arlington. I am glad we played a part in a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

Please come back and visit us again real soon !

Hamburg, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend. Staff very friendly, everything else less than average. The hotel has crossed the line between old charm and needing serious attention. Lobby bar area is lovely, but the peeling paint detracts. The fitness room seems to be original to the hotel, with one dinosaur of a treadmill that sounds like its going to fall apart at any moment. Wifi is free, and worth its price zince it doesnt connect. Romm is old, tired, neglected. Old plumbing, dripping sink, tiny shower. Old, small tv.
If youre looking for no modern amenities, here is your place. Price too high by far. Stay elsewhere. We will from now on.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank danzig86
I am really sad to read that your next visit will be staying elsewhere. While there is not much we can do with the size of the rooms we continue to make improvements. The painting and plaster is ongoing. Several tv's are in process of replacement and we are looking at some newer exercise equipment.

Appreciate the feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.