“Roaches”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Went there a saw roaches crawling around in the kitchen had to get up a leave someone really should call the health department

1  Thank Jason360

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We read the reviews which were not very complimentary, but the catfish deal (all you can eat) intrigued us. However, we set aside our catfish crave and ordered the 2 steak special for $11.99. With this price, we were expecting a small thin steak, and we got them. Both were cooked as ordered, but Hubby's had a large piece of gristle. Mine was ok, but we did not care for the marinade and used steak sauce. Baked potatoes were very good and his cup of gumbo was very good...filled with shrimp and sausage and just the right amount of snap...however, my butter beans tasted a bit off...not like the butter beans I remember. Service was fast and constant. We have been intending to try this place that advertises the catfish for several months, but we will likely not return.

1  Thank Badgelady
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This was a very dissapointing restaurant
The service was poor. the staff seemd lazy and unhelpful and were openly squabling!
I had chicken fried steak which was ok.
My partner had Garlic Shrimps and sir fry.
i could see into the kitchen from where i was seated and observed that this was cooked and then left for ten minutes until our server eventually delivered it.
The food was cold and shrimps overcooked.

1  Thank alfie50
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Chicken charred chicken instead of chicken-fried. Too much sage in the coating, when there really shouldn't be any. Cooked so long it was dark and after the first cut, all the coating popped off a dried piece of jerky. Potatoes were just ok.

I hate to go to a chain when my money can go to a local business. But if this is the best Hot Springs has to offer, then I'm rethinking Cracker Barrel.

1  Thank Stephchef C
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We've eaten at Higdon Square Cafe a number of times. Alas! Each time gets a bit worse than the last. Alas! As locals, we really wanted this place to make it. Tuesday evening at 7:00. The waitress seemed annoyed that we were there. While we waited for our meal she stacked chairs on adjacent tables and swept the floor. While we were eating she propped the restroom doors opened and cleaned the toilets and fixtures – in between serving us – without washing her hands. Okay, let’s cut her some slack. We go to restaurants to EAT. Well, my green beans were RANCID and my mashed potatoes looked like they had been reheated a myriad of times. I asked if the beans had been cooked in vinegar, and the waitress asked if I might want something else! I chose red beans and rice. This, too, was rancid! No apologies. No offers to make it right. My wife's baked beans were served cold. Seems Higdon Square Café may be on its last days. Sorry!

1  Thank GoYeGuy