“This hotel was a blessing in an otherwise stressful situation”

Comfort Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Monroe, Louisiana
“This hotel was a blessing in an otherwise stressful situation”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Driving home from Russellville, Arkansas my 7-year son gashed his foot wading at Iron Springs on Hwy. 7. We immediately drove to the St. Josephs emergency room for stitches. We were discharged late in the afternoon from the hospital and since we live in Louisiana opted to spend the night in Hot Springs. Exhausted and dreading finding a hotel on a holiday weekend we were blessed to find a room at the hotel next door to the hospital. Did I mention I'm the only adult traveling with 4 children? The hotel staff was so kind! While they didn't have a wheelchair to transport him upstairs (they simply didn't have a room on the first floor) they came up with using a luggage cart to transport him upstairs and also offered to push him in an office chair if I needed to. The sofa bed was made up for us while we ran to the pharmacy and to find dinner (thank you front desk person whose name I can't recall for the suggestions). We had room 222 near the elevator and slept soundly. The room was very nice,spacious and clean. No odd hotel smells.

My one suggestion would be regarding breakfast. We went down at 9:00 for breakfast and supplies were running low. There was such a crowd that we had to wait and by the time it was our turn the girl started covering up the breakfast and I couldn't get all 4 children fed. While I realize that they couldn't stay open indefinitely perhaps in this type of situation (a holiday weekend) they could have extended the time and supplies to accomodate the large number of people. That was my only suggestion and I'm sure this isn't an issue under normal circumstances. While we chose the location based on proximity to the hospital and I needed a suite based on traveling with 4 children, it was convenient to everything. We had Outback for dinner (easy to get to) I was able to gas up next door to the outback and a pharmacy was nearby. The next morning we went to Mid America because we were told they had a wheelchair for my son to use and it was an easy drive from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cnh624

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Rockwall, TX
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Very clean rooms, Spacious rooms, ours had a hot tub in the room. Always gave us extra towels and wash towels. The staff was very friendly and helpful. the bed was comfortable, the only negative I think were the small pillows on the bed. The free breakfast was really good as well. The norms but still very good. We will stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: No restaurants within walking distance but just a very short drive.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Lovely room, good service, extra towels. It was 2 to 3 miles from town or it would have been perfect. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank travellight7
Arkansas
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The Comfort Suites Hot Springs was immaculate. I thought this was a brand new hotel but learned it was 3 years old..The rooms were large, clean (like new). The full breakfast was great..Service was very good. I don't think I have ever stayed in any "CHOICE" hotels but this one is definately a "keeper". You will not be disappointed. The only minor annoyance was the air conditioning unit. It was loud and continually cycle in and out...Otherwise, perfect accommodations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank rainbow46
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My family and I absolutely love this hotel, staff is super friendlym hotel breakfast is great and the rooms are clean, and roomy, this is the only hotel that we stay at when we visit Hot Springs, wouldn't have it any other way!

Room Tip: Stay on top floors facing central
1 Thank SAMOKHAKIDOJR
oklahoma
Reviewed 26 March 2012

our room was fantastic - I had an 9 yr old and an 18 yr old grankid with us so the king suite was great for us - door closed between the rooms so the grandkids could watch their own tv and it still be quiet. The king bed was big enough for the 9 yr old to pile up with us so the 18 yrs old could have her own bedroom. Very handy to the races and great places to eat.

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed one night. Check in was fast and easy. Girl at front desk was very pleasant and helpful answering questions we had for the area. Room was clean. Area seemed safe and was close to shopping and places to eat. Short drive into downtown Hot Springs. Comfy beds and pillows, but queen bed was a little short for my 6' husband. Room was a little stuffy as air was not cooling properly, but since we had already settled in, we did not say anything as we were tired and didi not want someone working on it or having to move to another room. Breakfast was average compared to other free b'fasts. Since we raise chickens and have fresh eggs, it's hard to eat "fake" eggs anywhere! Make your own waffles, pastries, fruit, yogurt, ham, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal and cereal. Parking was convenient. Quiet nights sleep. Room was large with 2 queen beds and a small sitting area with couch and chair. Fridge and micro. The pool was so tiny! I got tickled when I seen it...it is maybe 14 x 28 in size. The hot tub was big enough for about 6 adults, but was full of kids getting in and out, which was aggravating. Kids shoudl stay in the pool, the hot tubs is for the adults. Not hotel fault, parents fault for not training their kids to be courteous! Overall, a pleasant stay, but probably would not stay here again. Small fitness room with basic equipment.

Room Tip: Asked for room away from highway per others suggestions....no problems with noise.
2 Thank michele h