“Very nice!”

Comfort Suites Hot Springs
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are beautiful, staff is friendly. Beds are very comfortable. The only issue we had was with the in room fridge not being cold. Reported it and it was fixed within 2 hours. Will definitely be staying with them in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Schalana M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We arrived at 10pm to encounter one desk person already assisting four other people with evrything from reservations to a toilet plunger request. After waiting for 10 minutes I made it to the desk and was told my reservation did not exist. I called Booking.com and handed the clerk my phone to talk to them. Shazam-all of a sudden I had a reservation (which I already had a confirmation number) In any case, we went to our rooms which overall were not bad except for the noisy, rattling window air unit. We muffled it with pillows and were able to sleep.
The morning buffet was ghastly. The line into the breakfast area went down the hall and the wait was long as the two women trying to replenish the food scrambled about. They were ill prepared to cook, clean, and stock the buffet. The food was average but the line would stop each time someone waited to cook a waffle, toast a bagel, or wait for whatever ran out, The dining area became very dirty with food on the floor and overflowing garbage cans-yuck.
Walking out the front doors of the hotel was like passing through a forest fire with all the smokers gathered next to the ashtrays placed there. I realize outside is outside but perhaps moving the butt receptacles away from the entry may help.
Overall, Hot Springs was nice but I wouldn't stay here. I wrote this review once before but it never made it onto this site. Hopefully, this one will.

2 Thank Steve E
boron58, Manager at Comfort Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Let me first start off by saying that I am so sorry that you had such a horrible time, but I have come to realize that you can not please everyone in this industry. I would like first to address the fact that you stated that you made your reservation through Booking.com and therefore THEY are the ones that messed up the arrival date on your reservation not us....we are the Comfort Suites and you did not make it through us. Thank goodness that we went above and beyond to get you a room that night after their mistake. Thank goodness that we allowed you to cancel 2 of your reservations when you walked in the door (since you had 4) and did not charge you for them since the 24hr cancellation deadline had passed. I have no doubt in my mind that the girl at the desk was busy when you arrived, they usually are in the summertime when you have a great hotel. I do have to agree that breakfast can get busy at times when you are feeding 250+ people and they all come down at one time. Most people are understanding...obviously some people are not. All in all, the bottom line is that we do the best we can to make everyone's stay enjoyable, but we are human and therefore make mistakes sometimes, like not being able to get to the garbage the second it starts overflowing and for that I apologize.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here for one night. Jamie checked us in when we arrived and was very friendly with all of our accommodations. We will definitely stay here again. Recommend eating at Purple Cow. hotel very close to restaurants, downtown and stores.

1 Thank CCWhitley
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed at 5 star resorts all of the country. Hands down, this place has the best customer service I have ever experienced. Every employee I encountered, whether by phone or in person, surely LOVES their job. They were courteous, helpful, friendly, and accommodating. The hotel is in a great location to attractions and restaurants -- very convenient. The rooms are very nice and clean. Unfortunately, we did not get to the pool or breakfast. We were too busy seeing the sights, but I'm sure they are awesome too. As Arnold says......I'll be back! Jan M.

Room Tip: Although it wasn't that bad, I stayed on the freeway side and you could hear traffic on occasion...
Holdenville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This a very nice place to stay. It is centrally located in Hot Springs so you are near many attractions. The staff is the best. We booked our trip with Jamie. She was so helpful and had highlighted maps awaiting us upon arrival. The rooms were spacious and clean. The indoor pool was nice, and the breakfast was tasty. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a front facing room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RKH1
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at an extremely busy time (cheer camp in town). The staff still took time to treat us well with individual attention. They were very nice & helpful! We will definitely stay there the next time we're in Hot Springs!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a great place to stay. Easy to get to, breakfast, pool, and nice rooms. Need to book in advance their always booked. this was the second time we stayed there, we liked it soon much we tried once before and couldn't get a room. that's why we new to book in advance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple