“Not a good place to stay!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Arkansas
“Not a good place to stay!”
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I called to ask directions to the hotel and the clerk was not friendly and was very short and rude. When I arrived, they told me the elevator was not working, due to a lightning storm. Instead of the room I requested, I received a room with a King bed and a sofa-sleeper. The springs in the sofa-sleeper were broken, and the bed was close to falling apart. My granddaughter spotted the lampshades, which were falling apart. During the night, an alarm went off twice, and when I called the desk, I was told it was the elevator alarm and it had been reset. I have never known of an elevator alarm going off in a room. However on a positive note, they had a good breakfast bar.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Richfield
Reviewed 25 March 2008

We stayed here at Spring Break - I can only guess that the bad reviews are from a competitor because this is a very well kept newer hotel and all the staff we met were incredible.

We came to the area to Mountain Bike - there was a young woman (long brunette hair) who helped us figure out where we were going, told us about the area and even called over a staff member she knew was a mountain biker to help me more. She was really helpful and really bright and cheery. There was another women working at the front desk that was also nice.

We had two rooms and both were great and clean. This is a newer hotel so it was as you would expect for a newer hotel. The breakfast was nice as well.

I use tripadvisor a lot but this is the first time I have written a review for a hotel, that is how good it was!

• Liked — Staff was great
  • Disliked — I would have liked a fridge in the room
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank 1bike
Northwest Arkansas
Reviewed 26 February 2008

I will preface this whole review with a simple way to avoid this happening to you. DO NOT BOOK DIRECTLY, USE ONLINE BOOKING!!! They messed up and then cancellled my directly made reservation and then were sold out of rooms. They said their sister hotel had rooms available but didn't mention they were only for Friday night and were sold out Saturday. It was an ordeal to get my money refunded for my supposed no show on my improperly booked reservation but I finally did.

IF you book online and don't mind if there is a risk of poor service, the hotel actually is a VERY good location for Oaklawn Jockey Club. Perkins Family restaraunt is right across the street and it has GREAT service and food. There is a Walgreen's in front of the hotel you can walk to safely for snacks or a magazine. The hotel also will give you a parking pass to park free across the street from the track. However you have to ask b/c they will not volunteer this info. Breakfast is standard fare. They have an indoor pool and have dedicated pool towels which is a nice touch.
I know all this b/c I go to Hot Springs at least once every year and have stayed here before. I doubt I will stay here again unless the other comparable hotels are all booked up. It just feels like the management is not that interested in helping you out which stinks b/c the location is prime.

• Liked — Location is good
  • Disliked — Management
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Famiyguy1976
Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 December 2007

We stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding party. The manager of the hotel was extremely helpful and went out of his way to accomodate us. The rooms were nice and the rate was very reasonable. The indoor heated pool was very nice and the kids loved it.

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank ougrad97
Indiana
Reviewed 19 September 2007

I am currently staying at this motel even after reading the negative comments on this web site and I must say I cannot for the life of me understand why it gets bad reviews.
The staff was most accommodating and even let me check in way early.
The room was very nice, roomy and clean. There was no microwave or refridgerator but it had all the other amenities like iron and ironing board, hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner. Everthing worked perfectly and the staff couldn't have been more helpful giving directions, recommendations to local attractions and so on.
The pool was nice and up to date and very clean also. Free towels and dressing rooms for users.
The motel is all non smoking and charges $200 for cleaning if you disobey the rules. Maybe that is why some guests get extra charges and complain in the reviews.
It appears each room comes equipped with the usual smoke/fire detector but these also have a comfort sensor and what appears to be a sensor to detect cigarette smoke above the entry door so smokers be fore warned that if you break the rules you will pay dearly.
I give this nearly new motel a five star rating.

• Liked — clean, quiet, close to attractions
  • Disliked — no fridge, or microwave
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank calloused_traveler
Houston
Reviewed 26 August 2007

This hotel sucks, food is bad and we found a booger on the wall, not to mention the bathroom was somewhat dirty and the pull out sofa was falling apart and a rude night front desk. Not worth the money, the best part is I got an email from Larry Dewitt (manager) telling me I would be better off staying at another hotel, thats customer service with a smile!

• Liked — leaving it
  • Disliked — the whole stay
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank dippy24
Minden, La
Reviewed 31 July 2007

The lobby was not as pictured, nor was the breakfast area. So I was little leary to see the room, But it was as pictured. Room was clean , but the faucet in the tub and sink dripped ALL night long. There was only 1 drink (soda) machine in the whole hotel, and the microwave and the refrigerator were not even plugged in, so it took a while to cool down before we could use it.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — hot frig and no regular cokes in machine, only diet drinks. Plus dripping faucet all night
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple