“smoky room, rude manager”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 30 July 2007

I noticed a tobacco smoke odor in the room as I entered. My wife noticed it too and mentioned it to me.This was supposed to be a non-smoking room.
We left the room to go to the town and dinner. When we returned the smoke smell was more noticeable, so I decided to complain.
The front desk person, who I would describe as very aloof, said that she did not have the time to come and check it out, though our room was adjacent to the front desk.
I asked for another room but the hotel was sold out so 'no'. Ditto for a refund so I could go somewhere else.
I asked to speak to the manager who was very rude. He told me what I was saying was not possible because it was a non-smoking room. He implied that I was making this up to get a refund. Finally he asked me how he could be sure that I had not smoked in the room.
I considered checking out without a refund but did not want to put my family through the inconvenience.
This is the worst I have been treated in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank pvel

Reviewed 25 June 2007

I just returned from a stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Hot Springs and it was a great experience. The hotel manager, Larry DeWitt, was wonderful. I had to communicate with him on several occasions prior to checking in and he was the BEST!!! Everything and anything I asked him to do, he did it with professionalism and courtesy. The hospitality that my group received was outstanding. I will stay there whenever I go to Hot Springs!

Karen Seabaugh
Cross County School District

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank kseabaugh
Reviewed 15 January 2007

We stayed here back in September, 2006. The hotel in located right on the same road where all the old hot spring spas are. It's about a 10 minute drive to the hotel from the the main sites in Hot Springs. The hotel seemed pretty new and very clean, There is a country-ish restaurant ( Dixie Plate?) located in front of the hotel within walking distance. We found everything to be fine with this hotel and would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Florida Panhandle
Reviewed 8 January 2006

We were quoted one price when we checked in and was not asked to sign anything. In the morning, we were charged twice as much. The manager was extremely rude when I brought the matter to his attention and did not offer any solution with an "oh well" attitude. The shower was like standing under a water hose and the internet wasn't working.

Stayed: January 2006
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 June 2004

The Comfort Inn is a Gold Medal winner and justly awarded. From the parking lot to the bathroom, everything is clean! The staff appreciates each visitor and the owner even works there and is easily accessible. I have stayed there several times and have even brought groups (which was handled quite well). The Comfort Inn is just off Hwy. 270, close to Oakawn, mall and lots of restaurants. A Walgreens Pharmacy, Dixie Plate Restaurant (good) are next door with a hospital close by. The rooms can be a little pricey, but once you stay there, you understand. Great indoor pool too! Hot Springs is a Spa City.... start yoru relaxation and fun at this hotel - you won't regret it.

6  Thank Debra M
A TripAdvisor Member
Springdale, AR
Reviewed 22 November 2003

Extremely clean - a rarity in Hot Springs, where old hotels abound. The staff could use a few "how to be friendly" lessons but overall they were helpful and somewhat accomodating. The worst thing I found about the hotel was that the tv's sit on a low dresser in front of the beds. The only way you can watch them is sitting up in bed. As for the beds, they were more comfortable than many we have slept on. The hotel is very quiet, but a little overpriced for its amenities (we paid $80 - over 90 with taxes). It serves what they describe as an expanded continental breakfast, biscuits and gravy, waffles with butter and syrup, cereal, and some pastries, as well as orange and apple juice and milk. There is a nice indoor pool area which we did not take advantage of while there. I would like to give this hotel an above average rating, but the price and tv position keeps me from it.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member