“just awesome”

GreenLeadersGold level
Jeanerette, Louisiana
“just awesome”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I came too Hot Springs for my honeymoon, not thinking that I would have fun. No disrespect to anyone, but it's Arkansas, for a honeymoon, Really?. All I have to say is that it was way more than I expected. Clarion on the Lake has so much to offer. You can swim in the pool that overlooks the lake, work out in their fitness center, or eat at it's own restaurant/bar called Classics. There's even a private wharf for the hotel where you can go and rent a party barge for the day. This hotel is just full of entertaining things to do by yourself or with your family. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. The best part is that it is the view from your hotel room if you get the Lakeview rooms. Lake Hamilton is gorgeous any time of the day. This hotel also sits about 10-15 minutes from downtown Hot Springs which I found to be very inviting and the people were just so polite and if you greet them with a smile and good morning, they will do the same to you. My stay at the Clarion was great and I can't wait to do it again.

Room Tip: If you want a total lake view, ask for a room on the far end of the hotel. Closest to the lake
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had a three day retreat for an adult school group and chose the Clarion. GREAT view and the roof didn't leak. From there, everything was down hill. Asking for a non-smoking room will do you no good. The building itself smells like an ashtray. The hallways smell bad enough to make you gag. You can have a room with a balcony view, but one of our balcony doors was locked shut because the balcony railing was gone, The place is dirty and worn out. Upon check-in, one of the party found the room hadn't been cleaned, desk clerk handed them sheets and told them to change the beds themselves. One member went to put bottled water in the fridge and found spoiled food already in the fridge. Rooms were small and in definite need of total remodeling.
Generally speaking, the staff was good, didn't use the pool, but it appeared to be ok. Didn't try the restaurant either. This used to be a wonderful place to stay, years ago, but now it is an embarrassment to the Clarion name, a name I've always trusted. We'll NEVER use this hotel again. It's a good memory from years ago, but those days are gone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ORiley72076
sunburstSilverSpring, General Manager at Clarion Resort on the Lake, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback to us on your stay with the Clarion On The Lake.
We are truly sorry that we did not meet up to our usual high standards during your stay with us. We will be certain to use your comments to improve our operations.
Our post-event evaluation that we solicit from all groups indicate no reports of issues with odors in hallways, housekeeping, or service issues. We would never allow odors to linger anywhere in the Hotel, and it would never be the policy of the Hotel or appropriate service to offer linen to a guest to clean their own room.
The Clarion On The Lake is consistently a brand standards leader for the Clarion flag, scoring well above standards in every inspection category.
At no time has a balcony railing been missing. I am at a loss to understand why someone would say it was missing.
If I can be of any service to review this or any other comments concerning the Clarion Resort please contact me, I will address them personally.
Robert Gattin

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Me and my family stayed 3 nights at this resort. I have been coming here since this used to be a great holiday inn and had awesome memories at this hotel. I usually stay here at least twice a year but this time I was really disappointed. The room was filthy. Hair all in the shower and horrible stained up carpet and smelled like a wet dog. The pool was awesome as always and the classic restaurant hamburgers never a disappointment. The front staff is always a pleasure but this hotel needs some major renovations. We stayed 3 nights at almost $400. This hotel is always booked to capacity you would think with all the money they take in some updates could be done. Will I stay here again?? Maybe? But please clean up this favorite hotel of mine that my parents took me to and I now take my family.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Krazek
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I cannot believe this place calls itself a resort. The inside of the room was so nasty I wanted to die. It is small, cramped, and hasn't been renovated since the early 70s.
The only highlight was that my kids liked the pool, which is place nicely on the lake. We liked looking at the geese.
I would never, ever stay here again. What a ripoff. They didn't even offer breakfast as part of the cost.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kmspring
Longview Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed three nights. The location was good, the view of the lake was really great, and it was easy to find; but overall, I was disappointed with the quality of this resort. The room was okay, but not worth the asking price. I only ate one meal in the restaurant. The food was ok. I did not like the atmosphere of the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband & I were looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend at the Clarion on the Lake for the 4th of July weekend. Unfortunately, on Saturday the 5th the staff's families took over the hotel. Guests could not find a place at the pool all afternoon or into the evening since "families" had taken over, "saved chairs/tables, etc" so that guests could not find a place to enjoy themselves. I have never seen so many people come in the "back way" and take over the pool, picnic table, playground, etc. I understand the concept of "employee perks" but not at the cost of paying guests, at $150.00/night! The parking was also out of control and completely unregulated-even though they gave out "permits" most of the cars/trucks/boats were not guests of the hotel. What should have been a great getaway was, unfortunately, not.

Room Tip: Don't go during holiday's, but if you do get a room that faces the lake away from the elevat...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank myrestaurantreview
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel was very nice. Staff helpful and friendly. Pool was great. The food was very good. The view from my balcony was wonderful. There is a fitness center. You can also go to a place to rent a boat. We had a great time on Lake Hamilton.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family