“still wanting answers” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Mabank, Texas
“still wanting answers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I reserved two lake view rooms at this hotel 3 weeks before arrival. Upon arrival I was given 2 rooms facing the parking lot. When I questioned the desk I was told rudely that if you were on the top two floors on the parking lot side that was considered lake view. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there were none available. I check the website on my laptop to see if any of the descriptions lake view, partial view, and no view. The next morning I again asked to speak to a manager, but was told there was not available. I was offered a $20 deduct for the room being on the parking lot side. I filled out a survey from Choicehotels a week or so later and expressed my disappointment. I got a form email from the manager. I sent an email back to him asking:(1) if I made reservations 3 weeks in advance why did I not get a lake view room? (2) were in booking the room does it say you can be put on the parking lot side and be considered lake view?, and (3) why is there no manager available when you have to a problem?. I did not get a response. Overall the place needs a fresh coat of paint and the desk clerks and staff need to realized people have choices where they stay. Glenn Gassiott, ChoicePrev. # 34670

Room Tip: lake view rooms can be on the parking lot side according to desk clerks
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Glenn G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the 4th of july weekend, it was wonderful!! pet friendly which was great, awesome location, staff was great. rooms were clean, wasn't very noisy, my view wasn't that great but we only were in the room to sleep, bathe, or recuperate!!! One of the best fireworks display hands down!! will definitely stay here again. Oh, they don't charge for boat slips, but it is a first come first serve, nice deal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Monticello
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Ashley at the front desk went above and beyond what was expected to accommodate or needs during our stay over the busy July 4th long weekend. Kudos to her and her staff. Because of her I will stay there every time in in hot springs.

• Stayed July 2014
Columbus, MS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We arrive at the hotel and was told our room was ready. Wrong-dirty linens still in the bathroom. The iron didn't work-we did get another one-and one of the lamp did not work and it wasn't the bulb. Cobwebs, finger nail clippings, etc were found also. The restaurant for breakfast did not have any milk, apple juice or tea made. Also, the first morning the coffee cup was very dirty with dried coffee grounds in it. The second morning, food was cold, rude waitress and the kitchen was not prepared for breakfast even with a full hotel. The internet service was no service at all the majority of the time. The website is very misleading. The pictures of the hotel show a lot of green grass by the lake-it fails to show the brick fence between the hotel and the owners of the lawn. The only positive comment that I can make is that the hotel does have a boat dock. I encourage you to do down the street to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bullie9876

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Byhalia, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Me and a friend stayed here this week....we will always stay here on our Hot Springs vacations.. the rooms are clean, food is great and the prices are reasonable in the restaurant..gravy and biscuits were the bomb... all the staff were so friendly and the pool area is awesome... if you have
kids, between the playground and pool you will not have trouble keeping them occupied.. and the fitness room looked great even though I didnt use it lol I will be back that is for sure !!!!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 2nd floor and the view of the lake was awesome and the air was cold and refreshing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PlexusJudy
Rogers, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We came down for the Arkansas Derby races. We arrived early and our room was not ready yet, but the staff switched our room since we had plans to leave immediately for the track. We took our bags to out room- a generic hotel room with two queen beds and a tv. Not worth the money we paid, but better than some that were available. We left our dogs in our room (in a kennel) with specific instructions for them to call us if the barked or disturbed anyone. We waited on the shuttle for about an hour (drive or call your own cab way ahead of time if you stay here). Ashley, the wonderful woman at the front desk, was leaving and said that she'd be happy to drop us off at the track, but the shuttle pulled in just as she was getting ready to clock out. Had a great time at the races and even won some money! Afterwards, as we were going to dinner I called the hotel to check and see if the dogs were disturbing anyone (barking, crying, etc.) and for them to call me if there were issues- updated the staff due to shift change. I was assured there was no issues. 5 minutes later the hotel called and said the dogs were barking. As I had taken a cab to the restaurant, I had no way of getting back quickly, but a man leaving restaurant heard me talking to my wife and offered to take me back to the hotel. Upon arriving back at the hotel, I thanked the man and gave him the cash that I would have paid a cab. I walked in and talked to a guy at the front desk who was nice enough. Upon walking to my room there was no barking or noise at all coming from our room. Oh well, I'm sure they quieted down before I got there. I ordered room service from the restaurant- Amazing burger!
Overall, the hotel room was over priced and dated. The shuttle was not on a dependable schedule (not the hotel's fault). The staff, led by Ashley, was phenomenal and went out of their way to ensure that we had an amazing time. The burger from the bar/ restaurant was great. If I go back to the races next year, I'll pay a few extra dollars and stay directly across from the track.

Room Tip: Try out the lake view rooms. We switched ours for a noisier, first floor street view across the hall...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Derek B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Bathroom toilet ran all night, tub didn't hold water, floors were never vacuumed. Dog treats from previous renter stayed on floor for 4 days, did u look under ur beds...eww and dust was everywhere. We tried to make the maids jobs easy Cuz I've done this job b4. What they need is re trained on how to move a bed to vacuum, and sanitize bathroom by not leaving someone else's hairs all over. Yuk, and don't forget to dust, it was everywhere.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family