“Basic hotel”

Clarion Resort on the Lake
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were a little disappointed due to the fact that I called two weeks before our arrival and requested a room with a view of the lake, since we were spending our Anniversary there, and well our room SUCKED! After calling the front desk, there was nothing she could do, as the hotel was pretty booked, yet there is a sign in the room that says they will accommodate your needs! That's crap!! Good thing we got a decent rate as their rates are extremely high, in my opinion!

Room Tip: Hope the staff knows the hotel well, as our room with a view sucked!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank AW326

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Ashley & Hannah at the front desk will do their best to help. Ashley is very knowledgeable about the area & what to do. The pool is cold and cloudy. The restaurant is not so good but at least they have cold beer. Food takes a long time to get out & is overpriced.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our family had this year's reunuion at the Clarion on the Lake in Hot Springs. The hotel staff was amazing and the location was perfect to head out to see other things in the area. Our younger members had a ball on the lake, fishing and boating. The hotel provided a gathering room for the rest of the group to meet and greet through the 3 days we were there. Our dinner, provided by the hotel on Saturday was wonderful and the two young servers were great. the room had a wonderful view of the lake. The only complaint I have is that there was only one electric outlet that was not buried behind a chest or a dresser. With all the electronics we use these days a few more outlets would be better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We had stayed in this hotel before and it was awful. The hotel smells pretty gross... The "service" is lazy... Not clean at all. The first room we had set up it looked as if someone had been occupying it before hand and set the bed back up. The curtain was halfway off and the room smelled like old food. There were dead big corpse on the lamp shades and pet dander of some sort. The entire hallway stunk. The next room we got was on the 4th floor. There was a bug on the pillow!! The manager came to put new sheets on and she was rather strange. I told her that we were going to see the hot springs national park and she kept arguing that the city was the national park.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank bunbunbum23
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had a nice room with a lovely view of the lake. Our plan was to sit on the balcony and enjoy the view. In our case, however, the rain moved in and stayed. We went down to eat in the hotel grill since we were traveling on a motorcycle and didn't want to get out in the storm. Our waitress was great, but was also the bartender and room service hostess. The food wasn't very good, but kudos to the waitress who gave great service and was really personable

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb1121
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I reserved two lake view rooms at this hotel 3 weeks before arrival. Upon arrival I was given 2 rooms facing the parking lot. When I questioned the desk I was told rudely that if you were on the top two floors on the parking lot side that was considered lake view. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there were none available. I check the website on my laptop to see if any of the descriptions lake view, partial view, and no view. The next morning I again asked to speak to a manager, but was told there was not available. I was offered a $20 deduct for the room being on the parking lot side. I filled out a survey from Choicehotels a week or so later and expressed my disappointment. I got a form email from the manager. I sent an email back to him asking:(1) if I made reservations 3 weeks in advance why did I not get a lake view room? (2) were in booking the room does it say you can be put on the parking lot side and be considered lake view?, and (3) why is there no manager available when you have to a problem?. I did not get a response. Overall the place needs a fresh coat of paint and the desk clerks and staff need to realized people have choices where they stay. Glenn Gassiott, ChoicePrev. # 34670

Room Tip: lake view rooms can be on the parking lot side according to desk clerks
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Glenn G
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the 4th of july weekend, it was wonderful!! pet friendly which was great, awesome location, staff was great. rooms were clean, wasn't very noisy, my view wasn't that great but we only were in the room to sleep, bathe, or recuperate!!! One of the best fireworks display hands down!! will definitely stay here again. Oh, they don't charge for boat slips, but it is a first come first serve, nice deal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends