“Great Getaway/Honeymoon!!!”

Clarion Resort on the Lake
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 November 2009

This place is really underrated! We spent our (pre) honeymoon here just to get away for a few days after our wedding. It was so nice. We had a room facing Lake Hamilton with a balcony, it was so beautiful. The rooms are very clean/newly updated. The beds are very comfy. The only setback is that the TV's are very small, but maybe they are going to replace those very soon. Just a 19''. Could have just been us, we are use to much bigger! Anyhow, there is no complimentary breakfast, but there is an outstanding place called Classic's that is connected to the hotel. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have the best burgers! Kind of a sports bar setting with pool tables etc. They also have room service, and very reasonable prices on breakfast and all meals for that matter.

The views of the lake from your lakeside balcony are just breathtaking! We just overall enjoyed our short stay.. We hope to return when we have more time! Great place!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2009

This hotel was quite nice. I've read the reviews online and was so nervous to stay there after all the negative stuff they had about this hotel. However, when me and my husband stayed over there, it was quite nice. We didn't have a lake view, but we did have the view from the road and across the road was the lake. You could see just as well as if you would purchuse the lake view. We had a balcony and the rooms were very clean. Anyway I would stay in this hotel room again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I had read many bad reviews on this place, so I was a little nervous, but was nicely suprised. The room was very nice and clean. The bathroom was a little small. All beds were very comfortable. The view from both balconies overlooking Lake Hamilton was exceptional. The service was the best. I accidently lost the key to my safe and the manager came from home that night to open the safe, no extra charge. All the staff were very friendly and professional. There were many restaurants near the hotel within a short driving distance. I would definitely bring my family here again. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Attended a group event that was booked here because of location on lake. Staff was very nice and friendly and room was ready when we arrived. Facility was acceptable, old but remodeled, clean room, good A/C, really hot water, comfy beds. Pool has no shade or umbrellas, too hot to use. "Lake view" rooms face east, view not bad. "Bridge view" rooms face west, overlook parking lot, Highway 7, and afternoon sun. No happy hour, no free breakfast, no newspaper, no free local calls, no didly squat, just a room & free ice. Thought rates were high for what you get; $100 weekdays, $120 weekends. Restaurant food was fair, service was good. This is a hotel, not a resort. At least the parking was free and a liquor store was nearby. Lots of chain restaurants within 2 miles. They automatically charge $1.10 a day for room safe, refundable at checkout if you read the fine print. For some reason, our eyes burned and watered the entire time we were in the rooms. We won't be back!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2009

I booked a room at this "resort" on the lake for a weekend with the girls. We were getting spa treatments and thought it would be nice to stay on the lake in a room with a "lake view." DO NOT waste your money on the higher priced lake view. What a joke! If I leaned far enough over the balcony and looked to the right, I was able to see a small part of the lake and the bridge. The pool area was nice. We took a small cooler to the pool with us to keep our beverages cold. When they opened the poolside bar the staff came by to inform us we would have to take our cooler inside. That was a little annoying. If you plan on spending your time in the downtown/bathhouse row area, plan on spending a lot of time in traffic on the main highway. You are on the opposite end of town. Rooms are average. Definitely not "resort" quality. Clean, nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank peapickinjenn
Reviewed 7 January 2009

My wife and I booked this property while touring the south for our Fifth Anniversary. We saw the description on Hotwire, and thought that we were getting a good deal for the price. We actually saved a mere $10 by booking through Hotwire. The hotel was OK, but not a resort as described.

The hotel is located pretty far from Bathhouse Row, several miles south of town. The property does not look as run down as others described, but we did chuckle at it calling itself a resort.

Check-in was OK. The clerk allowed us to change rooms in order to get a king sized bed. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were comfortable. The micro fridge was a nice touch.

Overall, I don't think I got very good value for my money. This hotel falls somewhere between a Courtyard by Marriott and a Comfort Inn. It's not a resort. But, I'm not disappointed in my stay.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Publius2003
Reviewed 30 August 2008

Stayed there for a business meeting. Staff is very nice, helpful. Rooms need overhaul--cold water faucet in bathtub couldn't hardly be turned on with a vise grip. Air conditioner sounded like a freight train rolling through every night. Limited channels on the tv-did not include the weather channel which for travelers is important. Beds were ok--good pillows. On arrival, the carpets had just been cleaned and were still WET. I stay in Choice Hotel properties regularly with business travel and this one does not meet the standards as compared to the others. There is a club and restaurant on site which is a plus and the hotel itself sits right on Lake Hamilton but I truly just can't recommend this hotel. Rooms include a refrig and microwave which is a plus.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DKLT