“I had reserved for two nights, but left after a few hours”
Review of The B Inn

The B Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“I had reserved for two nights, but left after a few hours”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This property is not a traditional Bed and Breakfast, but is more similar to an outdated single story row motel, with newer furnishings in the rooms. This property's prices are attractively low compared to others in the area. I had difficulty connecting to the Internet and the night clerk directed me to move my computer next to the window where I was able to obtain a weak signal. Just after retiring, my experience was that of being awakened by a cockroach, about one inch long, fluttering across me in the bed. On complaining, I was told that this property is in a National Park, that bugs are to be expected, but that the rooms are regularly sprayed and that there are no roaches. No other help or assistance was offered. To their credit, the management had made a full refund to my credit card by the next morning, contrary to their seven day advance notice cancellation policy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
armandoHotSprings, Owner at The B Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
I am sincerely praying for the happiness of this man. When one of God or the Universe's incredible creatures like a butterfly, a centipede, a grasshopper, a cricket or even a spider or a water-bug wanders into your room after leaving a door or window open, my response would be to return it to the National Park less than one block away. Roaches are attracted to filth and trash and so we take every effort to keep our inn completely clean. We take monthly precautions regardless and spray regularly as well. In the two years we have been open I have never seen a single roach in this inn. I really hope this man can reflect on his own life and learn to love all living creatures in his environment including people of different heritages.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle...Plato

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My family had the pleasure of staying at the B Inn in Hot Springs this last weekend. From the friendly staff to the hotel dog we felt very welcomed and valued. Toby the hotel dog ambassador is the perfect mascot for this hotel.

We very much dislike "cookie cutter" hotels and truly value the personality and character that hotels like the B Inn provide. Staying in this hotel was like stepping back 30 years to an age when your patronage was appreciated not tolerated. The grounds are fascinating and the room immaculate. The only thing I would change would be to install an ice machine. Our room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker, all worked and were spotless. The morning breakfast was hand delivered with a warm good-morning and a smile. What class!

Not only do we recommend the B Inn we will be looking forward to staying there again when our travels take us to Hot Springs. Thank you B Inn staff and Toby for such a nice weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank laurabolen1
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Once again, The B Inn has exceeded all my expectations! The hosts, Armando and Joe are so kind and knowledgeable of the Art scene in Hot Springs! They contine to remodel and upgrade! Enjoyed the tour of rooms I have stayed in previously! And now, there is an amazing little gift shop at the foot of the hill named Peaceful Vapors! The shop sells the quilts the B Inn uses in their rooms along with many other items of interest! In a whole, I will continue to stay here every chance I get! I've gone as far as changing my vacation times in order to get a room at the B Inn when they were full! The rooms are always very clean and have plenty of towels (a huge plus for me!) My room is already booked for the 31st of this month! Can't wait to see you guys again and find my inner peace and have your tasty complimentary (healthy) breakfast basket!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My partner and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary at the B inn in Hot Springs this month and had an awesome time. This hotel was close to downtown and we loved to walk back and forth to the attractions each day exploring all the downtown has to offer. If you are looking for a great place to stay with reasonable rates and nice inn keepers this is the spot. Thanks guys for making our anniversary so special.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Although the house on the property may look eerily similar to the house in "psycho", looks may be deceiving. My friend and I are on a road trip cross county and just happened upon this lovely inn. Upon first glance it could be slightly scary for some but we loved the website, location, and price so we took a chance. The themed rooms were a great idea and we were happy to be in the biography room. Highs:walking distance to town, good price, a breakfast basket(with tons of stuff!!) delivered to your room in the am, clean towels and sheets, and numbers where multiple people could be reached if we needed anything(this made me feel
extra safe).
Lows: the only lock on the door was the one on the handle...so who knows how many people have a spare key to the room!! I was only okay with this because the owners/managers seem to put alot of effort into making this place homey so I doubted they were out making copies of the master keys for random people, another low was the wifi was really slow! I'm from a major city so being patient is not something I'm good at.
All in all if your looking to pay around 50-60 bucks this would be a great choice. Leaps and bounds above it's competition within this price range.

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a large centipede type creature on the wall. We yanked a magazine off the bookshelf (thankfully allowing it to drop straight to the floor, just in case) to find another bug, that moved way too quickly to be identified. After further inspection we notice a large cobweb draping from the headboard of one bed to a chair, in which a quarter sized spider was nestled! The "manager" got very loud and rude when we called him to the room, and actually proceeded to wipe the cobwebs and spiders away and told us there were NO cobwebs or spiders and there was nothing wrong with the room...and refused to issue a refund for the night! Please don't make the same mistake we did and just 'take your chances'....if you're looking for clean rooms, this is NOT an option for you!

• Stayed July 2011
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2011

The Good: The linens throughout the room - bed and bathroom - were nice. Not lovely, but nice. The bed had a quilt on it, and the decor in the bedroom is charming (two velvet, high-backed chairs, blackout curtains, lovely, full pillows, sleigh bed, rich side table, and dresser, four unique paintings on the wall, etc). There is a TV, of course, but no room phone. The mini-kitchen comes with a microwave, sink, stove, oven, minimal cookware, flatware, and silverware, and the mini-fridge works. The B Inn has LOTS of activities: you can tour the old house, they'll take you on a walking tour of downtown and show you where the national park peeks through, they'll show you where a local swimming hole is, and they'll even give great recommendations for dining. The breakfast that they bring around in the morning is awesome (two pastries - we got a huge muffin and two mini bagels - two orange juices, two yogurts, two apples, two cheese sticks, cream cheese, and a v8 fusion). We were out when they brought it by, and it was waiting for us in the mini fridge! Here, they've got all sorts of ways to be green: they'll leave your sheets for you and just tidy up, they've got recycle bins all over, they have a compost pile on the property, and a beautiful fig tree out front! The location is killer: you can walk downtown EASILY and not have to feed the meters.

The Bad: Well, as nice as the room itself is, the AC doesn't come close to cooling the whole room (but it was 100+ outside). It seems to run on water or something, and it's pretty loud the entire time it's on. The bathroom.. is a tiny little shoebox. The shower is definitely for one person only, the only place to put shampoo and the like is on the top ledge, the shower head is VERY low (I'm 5'5 and I had to duck to rinse out my hair), and the faucet seems to be constantly dripping. The toilet is crammed between two walls, so it's not ideal. The sink works, but it is small and there is hardly any counter space. In all, I've had a better bathroom experience at a Super 8. The front door seems really flimsy as far as locks go, and it's definitely not sealed to keep out the heat, or in the cold. (Reverse for winter!) There is WiFi here, but you have to sit near the front window, and it's not very reliable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple