“Great Atmosphere but Food was an Average Experience”
Review of Taco Mama

Taco Mama
Ranked #27 of 277 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Latin
Description: Voted Best Mexican Food in the State. Everything made from scratch. Vegetarian friendly.
Naples, Florida
“Great Atmosphere but Food was an Average Experience”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The bar is made of Mexican style carved wood and the overall atmosphere is perfect for drinking. My steak tacos were good but not enough to come back for. My parents enjoyed their Chili Rellenos and said they were good enough to eat again. For dessert we had both the flan and the Churros with chocolate dip. The flan was hard and horrible, The custard in the Churros was past due and it felt like they had been microwaved which someone should tell them ruins the taste of bread. The chocolate dip wasn't very good. The staff was kind enough to not charge us for the desserts but I'd stay a mile away from the dessert department. While our waitress was nice she was not prepared for any of the problems that came up during our stay from the table wobbling to the bad desserts. So if anything goes wrong or not perfect be prepared that you will have to walk the staff through what to do which really makes the customer feel bad. The manager never came and touched the table even though we had so many problems. I'd use this a a good place to drink.

• Visited April 2014

Greenbrier, Arkansas
“Yes, homemade”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everything tasted homemade - one of the best chili rellenos plate I've had. It was pan fried. Delicious rice - could eat that by itself.
Good roasted salsa but also has a salsa bar.

Visited April 2014
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Muy Bueno!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This place was recommended to us by the Wildwood B&B. It is said to be the best Tex Mex around. I had the combination with tamale and enchilada and my husband had the tamale and puffy taco. Everything was very delicious. Way better than typical mexican restaurants where you aren't for sure what is in the ground meat. Service was excellent. Someone was always checking on us. Would definitely return when we are in town.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank holliemarie
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We ran across this place by accident and gave it a try. The food was amazing. I had chorizo and eggs that were better than I have ever had. They were flavorful and moist. I loved it. We didn't even make it to the salsa bar. We will have to try that next time because we will be back.

1 Thank ppett77
Bossier City, LA
“Great Mexican...not your typical fare.”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Love the salsa bar...the grilled jalapeños, freshest chips, hot sauce and queso. Gourmet Mexican all the way!

1 Thank gourmetgentleman