“Something for Everyone”

Ranked #9 of 278 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stumbled upon this place when my traveling companion and I left out dinner choice to fate as our stomachs dictated that we take a chance on the next interesting restaurant we came upon. We were rewarded with a very satisfying experience. It seemed to be more of a bar than a grill in atmosphere, with an equal number of customers sitting in front of a very well stocked bar and spread out across tables in the dining side of the room. I must note the not your typical classic rock music they jammed which compelled my companion to sing along. To say my companion is a picky eater, is the understatement of the year. Being from South Florida, she has a weakness for Maduros, fried plantain. Surprisingly, there in the middle of Hot Springs, Arkansas, the Bleu Monkey offered fried plantain right in the middle of a very diverse and esoteric menu. If you can't find something to choose from on their menu you have a problem. The best testament to their food is the fact that the plates of her 2 orders of plantains and rice and my order of Chicken and Bisquits were licked clean. To top it off the waitress was awesome.

1  Thank spreadingash

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The service was quick, the waitresses were very cute, food was perfect and not that expensive. We stayed at the La Quinta next door and walked to the restaurant. Been here a couple of times before and it was great every time.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was just what I needed at the end of the day! The waitress was very friendly and the service was awesome.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

While touring Hot Springs we were recommended the Bleu Monkey by travelers who frequent this area. The four of us ate here and it was wonderful. We were given a discount because we were staying at the Candlewood Suites. That was nice! I had the dried tomato chicken pasta. My husband had the jambalaya. Our friends had the popcorn shrimp and orange chicken. All the food was hot, fresh and excellent. Our service was top-notch. Our waitress made sure we had everything we wanted and then some. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. Very reasonable!The menu is for every palate. Oriental, Californian, Italian, Cajun, American, did I miss any?

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Gotta love the Bleu Monkey Grill - even for the name alone! We visited here for late lunch. There were two big groups of girls finishing up but was no problem at all. We got attended to immediately and when the girls left, everything was put back where it was pronto! Loved the diverse menu. Our waiter was just awesome! Loved the service. We ordered the Kobe burger -- we did expect a little more of taste - but realized later this was not the Kobe beef from Japan. Still, it was good. They have some wonderful meal and drink offerings. Atmosphere was very cute and fun. Everyone was pleasant. The prices were pretty reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to go again - just wouldn't get the same thing (Kobe burger).