“Nice refurbishment but horribly noisy, worst night sleep ever! (and we are not light sleepers)” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Hot Springs

Red Roof Inn Hot Springs
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We decided to give this hotel a go after reading some mixed reviews, but regretted it. Such a shame - the newly refurbished room was very pleasant, stylish decor, new furniture and bedding, nice bathroom tile and granite vanity. However, we were woken many times during the night. The bathroom vents between rooms allow every word (and splatter noise, and smell!) to be transferred from the bathroom next door, the connecting doors are thin and have gaps underneath (at 3am I stuffed a bath towel between gaps meaning my husband and I had to share one towel for a shower the next morning), every time someone walked past the front door we heard a loud rumble of the suitcase wheels on the concrete and a chorus of barking dogs. At 6am we put the noisy fan unit on to give some white noise and get a couple more hours sleep. In the hotels defense, this was a Saturday night, the hotel was full due to a dog show in town (and this being one of the only dog friendly hotels in town). Probably would be okay if they were not busy but I would not risk it again on a busy weekend.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BritGalinMS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Arlington, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We loved this place. The pool was excellent. Rooms were clean and the price was fantastic. If your on a budget this is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Monroe, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Yes it was 100+ degrees out . Thats what a\c is all about. first room was hot air was running on low. Low was the best it could do. They moved us to a room upstairs. The ac was set to fan only and was cool on high> after running 3 hours it was like 90 in the room. I complained again when I should have packed and left. They did send up a fan but the room didnt get cool till 7 am. got a wopping 25% discount on check out when the ropom should have been free. Then they send a survey to my email address and the link doesnt load. good for them. For a few bucks more could have had a better place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

This hotel was just perfect for our 1 day trip to Hot Springs. It was a straight drive almost
down from Magic Springs Amusement Park. The hotel staff was eager to please and check in was easy after a long day at the park. The free breakfast was just we needed to
head back home. I would recommend this hotel to families and business travelers as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hemal P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hot Springs, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Thank you very much for taking you time and giving us your honest opinion about your stay. We love to get guest feedbacks liek yours to continuosly improve. We would be looking forward to see you again in the future.
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Just two temperatures in the room--freezing and hot. It was very hot when we stayed there. The air conditioner was extremely loud and did not shut off. Breakfast was decent. There was a shortage of towels. The night shift could have been a little friendlier. I wanted to read and the man at the front bell desk kept the television really loud; I could not read in my room because my kids were sleeping. When I asked if I could read by the pool even though it was after hours, he proceeded to walk out the door and shut the pool lights down. Thought he could have bended the rules a little more for our sake--especially since I was having trouble sleeping. Maybe there are better rooms here. I sure did not have one of those though.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I was impressed with the room. We payed less than half of what the higher end hotels were and I am so glad we stayed here and not some of the run down places we drove by in town. It was kept up and clean. There was a refrigerator, microwave, tv, chair, and desk in the room. It is right off the main street down the road from Magic Springs which is why we were in town and very easy to find... Only a few minutes from downtown restaurants which was handy. The pool was nicely taken care of. Breakfast was the normal... nothing fancy but it was free!! The whole place was booked full for the weekend we stayed!! The only things I would say weren't up to par was that the window air conditioner unit leaked on the outside but it was really hot and the room stayed cool which was a must!! Also the tv picture was a little fuzzy and sometimes the door seemed like it stuck when trying to enter but none of that affected us any. We were only there to sleep but I will stay here again in a heartbeat!! :-)

• Stayed July 2011
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

For the money, it was probably an okay value, as it had plenty of amenities such as appliances for a cost of about $60, and the bed was comfortable and it was clean enough. However, the room stank....smelled like wet dog. The desk gave me some "Odor-Ban" to spray around and that made it bearable, but still.......
The carpet was stained. The room was generally shabby. The "breakfast" was very limited. They couldn't provide antacids nor would they suggest where I might find some nearby.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple