“No mas”

Red Roof Inn Hot Springs
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2005

I have stayed at the Quality Inn/Rodeway Inn in Hot Springs on several occasions and stayed this past weekend, April 8 and 9th. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my long life. There was an open bar of soap in the shower, the commode area was filthy, there was burned out socket in the dressing area, the floors had not been cleaned in who knows how long, and to get clean towels took an act of congress and running down maid service who did not make the beds since we were not leaving. In laws that stayed in a different room had the same problems and management was lame to do anything to rectify the problems.

• Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Hot Springs

Reviewed 27 January 2005

We stayed here during the 2004 Hog Rally, won't stay again. The pillows looked liked they were dug out of the trash dumpster!! stained and torn. The toliet had never been cleaned, hair in the shower, the floor lamp was broken, never had any towels..(had to go get them) There was hair on the sheets so we had to go get new sheets and remake the bed... Would have never stayed there but everywhere else was booked up... Spend some more $$$ and stay elsewhere, we will be taking our own bed this year (travel trailer).

5  Thank dbouse
Reviewed 29 July 2004

The high points: first of all, let me say that the staff was some of the friendliest I've seen anywhere. Very accomodating and went the extra mile to ensure that all was right. The rooms were clean as was the pool area. In fact, the pool and hot tub area was very nice. Had a free breakfast consisting of bagels, toast, mini-muffins, cereal, fruit cups, yogurt, coffee, milk and juice. About a mile from Magic Springs and a hop, skip and a jump from Bathhouse Row/Historic District if you use the back streets for a shorcut.
Now the downside: this hotel had the thinnest walls of any hotel I have ever stayed at. In fact, the first night I could hear conversations in both rooms on either side and the room connecting from the back. I got over that until the next day when the couple next to us sent their kids to the pool and used their free time to indulge in a little extra-curricular activities (if you get my drift). The walls were so thin that you could hear EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. I immediately called the front desk (I had my 12-year old daughter w/me and was horrified that she could hear all this) and they very quickly moved us to another room that didn't have any other guests nearby. Kudos to them for that!
Overall, the room was a good deal for the money and I would consider staying there again. Inreference to the previous poster, while the rooms were not the grandest I've ever seen, they at least were clean and I did not get a "ghetto" feeling at all about the property. I would recommend this motel to anyone who is on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2004
3  Thank debkay68
Reviewed 1 June 2004

My husband planned a weekend getaway to Hot Springs and booked the Quality Inn because past experiences w/the Comfort/Quality line have been good and we didn't want to over-spend. Unfortunately, although the staff here was friendly, the place was a wreck. From the moment we got out of the car the need for repairs was obvious. The carpet on the stairs and exterior hallways was so worn it seemed like a tenement, and the railings, etcetera badly needed paint, but we reserved final judgement until we entered our room. First, the room was MUCH better than the exterior part of the hotel, so... others might be happy there, but...we had no towels (yes, zero...), and the exterior looked so dirty that I was afraid that the interior couldn't really be much better. The management graciously refunded our $$ and we stayed elsewhere. Ironically, my husband said another guest was also asking for a refund when he got to the desk -- for the same reasons. I almost gave this hotel 2 stars for one reason only -- the rooms themselves did not seem bad, but... the rest was icky. (Sorry!) It had a definite ghetto feel that we simply couldn't get past.

1  Thank fitnessfreaks
greenville, ms.
Reviewed 12 March 2004

The room was just fine for the price. We needed a room with handicap facilities, and this room had a roll-in shower. We were there for the horseraces and the room was very affordable. Also offered a decent cont. breakfast. Would definately use again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Polk, LA
Reviewed 14 July 2003

We stayed at the Quality Inn because they offered a package deal. We did not spend much time at the hotel and we did not bring our children with us. The hotel bar had karaoke night, which was fun and the restaurant food was decent. There were some minor problems with the room, but overall not bad for the price. Besides, the package gave us tickets to see things we probably would not have seen otherwise, but enjoyed them when we went. We had an enjoyable time in Hot Springs and would go back. Everyone we know who has been there also had an enjoyable time. The hotel was very close to Magic Springs, which would be good for someone bringing their children. However, the lakes were overcrowded, but it was 4th of July weekend. Everyone there was very friendly, but some parts of town are over-rated.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member