“Awesome”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This aquarium is not very large but amazing! The lady working was very helpful and friendly. They have a 50 pound tortoise named Slowpoke that crawls around and you can pet! Very awesome place to take the family!!!!!!! Loved it!

Visited August 2014

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Small, but good for little children”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very small aquarium, but we had children ages 6 months to 4 years old with us, and they loved it. I probably won't visit again, but it was reasonably priced, and a nice break from the heat of the day.

Visited August 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Walk away......”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is not really an aquarium but more of a very small area with some glass displays containing lizards, toads, turtles, tarantulas, and a few fish. I estimated there to be around 50-60 of these "exhibits" and we saw everything there was to see and read everything there was to read in about 15 minutes. The gift shop was tiny with a few trinkets and cheap souvenirs. By Hot Springs standards, admission was cheap but still a rip off since it, well - really didn't feel like an aquarium! I've been to a lot of them all over the country and the best one I've seen was not by the ocean but rather in Jenks, Oklahoma! So being a land-locked state is no excuse for an "aquarium" without interesting marine life! To my further dismay, a large tortoise is allowed to roam free in the place which I felt was inhumane. While there, I saw kids poking it and kicking at it to see if it was real. There's a small sign announcing that "the turtle is not house broken" which is management's way, I guess, of telling patrons to be on the lookout for puddles or worse. I have mobility issues and could not help but cringe at the thought of slipping in something like that. I recommend you save yourself the money and use the 15 minutes to drive to the science museum where you can easily spend a couple of hours with numerous hands-on exhibits that the whole family can enjoy.

Visited July 2014
7 Thank gotmyque
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Small but the kids liked it”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I was expecting an aquarium but it's really a bunch of fish tanks with different things in them. Fish, frogs, bearded dragons, iguanas, turtles, tarantula, alligator etc. The kids enjoyed it so I guess that's all that matters.

2 Thank Emily C
Lubbock, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Save your money! Kids really liked it but you had to watch where you step because there is a turtle that walks around and pees.

1 Thank Starkshan