“Excellent family fun”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Catherine's Landing, an RVC Outdoor Destination
“Excellent family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Friendly staff, yurt living is for us! Immaculate accommodations and family fun! We will be back :) showers are clean, playground fun. Wish the pool was open! Cabins look awesome although we did not go in those. Close to many fun attractions

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very nice campground with many amenities. Swimming pool, fitness room, very clean restrooms. It rained most of our trip so we didn't get to enjoy all it had to offer. We drove into town and went to the casino. :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bonnie R
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This place looked pretty cool, we stayed in a yurt. It had a bed, bunk bed, table and refrigerator. The yurts are supposed to be 'clean' but ours was not. There were hairs every where and I killed a poisonous spider that was by my bed. Cobwebs were also all over the place with other spiders on them. In the middle of the night there were gun shots, (about 10 in a row) which was really spooky. In the morning I got up and headed to the bathroom. The ice machine was leaking water, so I tried my best to go over the puddles. I stepped wrong, and I fell and did the splits and fell on my back. (So painful!) if I wasn't a young person, it would of been much worse. I love camping and roughing it...but if I'm going to pay this much money, I would spend a little extra to stay in a hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jencatx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at two RVC locations now, and they must have strict management because their customer service representatives aren't empowered. I had reserved two RV sites with one for my parents. I wanted to pay before they arrived but get them their Good Same discount. I had their number but she said she couldn't do it because she needed to physically see the card. I told her I would bring it up when they arrived. She still didn't want to give them the discount. She eventually did it but kept saying how management would get mad. Then she wanted me to sign a policy sheet that said there was a $35 pet cleaning fee. When I questioned it she said it was just the cabins and yurts. I said it didn't say that but she still wanted me to sign something that wasn't appropriate for an RV site. I marker it N/A and then signed it. After the check-in process things were OK. However, I was expecting to be able to rent a boat per the website and I was told they didn't have them available. We just did activities in town instead of there.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Auburn93
Alex E, Public Relations Manager at Catherine's Landing, an RVC Outdoor Destination, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your comments on Catherine’s Landing. We do ask to present your card at the time of check to confirm that you a Good Sam Member, which protects you and all other Good Sam Members who have paid for this membership from false credentials which adds value to your Good Sam Membership. We do ask all guests to sign a pet policy. If you read it carefully, the $35.00 charge apples to our yurts and cottages only and not RV sites. Boat rentals begin when the water is raised by Entergy. Since the lake is very low in Jan, Feb and March and we do not rent out boats with such low water levels. We hope you'll give us another try.
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very friendly welcome to this immaculately clean site. We had a level very well maintained pull through site with grill and fire ring. The campsite is down a long private driveway, so is quiet and secluded, with a lovely waterfront setting. The facilities are very modern and some of the cleanest I have ever seen!

A short drive to the historic district of Hot Springs (and the great Quapaw Spa!) we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this campsite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JennTam
Haltom City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We love Arkansas and for our daughters 7th Birthday we were looking for something adventurous to do. As we love to camp, we thought we would check out the Yurt! Boy were we in for a surprise. It was secluded down a long dock with a very private fire pit and picnic area. The yurt had a beautifully made king size bed and queen size bunk beds, there was a coffee maker, small frig and a heat/ac in it. Very spacious, very cool! You would have to see it to believe it. Catherine's Landing is immaculate. They had a nice game room. The girls in the office/shop very informative and outgoing. The only thing that I can say was a disappointment was the "heated pool". We were so looking forward to was not heated. Overall it was amazing! If you are looking for something unusual and want to make lasting memories this is the place to do it.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Diana B
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We drove from Houston, the people at the office very friendly, area very very clean. bathrooms I give a 10+ , I never seen bathroom so clean. I recommend it . Most of the big stores are close to catherine's

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family