“So so food atmosphere of a K-Mart.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #115 of 265 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
“So so food atmosphere of a K-Mart.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Very nice lady served us but the food was not great and the restaurant was not very appealing. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“STARTED NOT TO STOP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews and the restaurant was located in a rougher part of town...
As I opened the car door I had reservations.. Entering the restaurant we were the only ones there... The menu was on 8x10 with a limited variety!

We ordered the Chixken Loco..servered with homemade HOT corn tortillas

I loved mine and gave it a 5... My husband gave it a 1..
We ordered one taco the shedded beef it comes on a homemade to die for corn tortilla ... With pico, cilantro and lime a choice of salsa verda which is mild.. The owner brought out the rejo diablo... Roasted peppers and mildly warm... The Taco was on a soft homemade tortilla .... I LOVED mine gave it a 5 and my hubby gave it a 4

The owner and his son were soooo nice and came and talked to us making sure all was ok..... The owner even brought out a sample of the goat and the Tougue which I was surprised was soooo tender.....
I would go back.... But my hubby wouldn't

So let the other reviews be your guide

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“One of the best in hs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Nice friendly service. Great chips & salsa. Rice & beans were great. Burrito was great. We will definitely come back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Our Favorite Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

My husband and I stumbled across this restaurant a couple of months ago, and decided to give it a try....and we are so happy we did! This family-owned restaurant has become one of our favorites, and we literally eat there at least a couple of times each week. We just can't get enough of their authentic dishes....handmade corn tortillas, authentic Mexican-style tacos with cilantro and lime, freshly rolled tamales, etc. Sam, the owner-chef sometimes makes special dishes that are not on the menu, so be sure to ask if there is anything special when you go. If they tell you their "Frijoles Rancheros" are available....get it. Don't ask questions....just do it before someone else finds out they have it available that day and orders the last bowl!!! The atmosphere is completely casual and the Perez family makes you feel as if you are dining at their home. If you have never been here....you are missing out. A definite must when you are in Hot Springs.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MichelePappagallo
Moore, Oklahoma
“Even for a texmex fan this was great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

I usually don't go to authentic Mexican places. This was recommended by our inn. I read the reviews and we decided to try it. I am so glad we did. Food was delicious. I don't eat salsa. I tried theirs and ate a bunch. It was fresh and good.

The el pollo loco was great. The refried beans and rice fulfilled my tex mex craving.