Long Island Lake Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Lookout Point Lakeside Inn(Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Willow Beach Motel(Hot Springs)
Vagabond Motel(Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Summit Lake Resort(Hot Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsboat dockswimming areawatching the boatscorvette weekendquiet place to staysmall hotelenjoying the viewlocation is greatthree nightseasy accessbed was very comfortableair conditionerkitchenettegeesebalconycookoutboating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed the night last night, one night. A very peaceful place to stay. The only real noise were the children in the room next to me but by 10pm it was quiet. Lots of geese and duck swim right up to the dock, which is great for photography. Right on the lake, you just can't beat that. There is no smoking, but they do have patio chairs and an ashtray outside your room door. That worked perfect for me because I'm a smoker and smoke outside anyway. The owner was nice and polite and went out of his way to help get me in just a little before check in so I could go pick up a boat to use later in the day. I found out this place does have a boat you can rent, but it was already booked or I would have rented it. I would love to come back and most likely will since I am only a little over an hour from this home away from home. Since I only stayed one night The kitchen wasn't used but they have a countertop stove, microwave and mini refrigerator. Also enough cupboard space to store your snacks for your weekend getaway. The walkout patio door is lovely in the morning watching the sun beams hit the water. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room B3
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TeenyKerry
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This resort has very little to brag about. First of all it is suppose to be a furnished kitchen but it was lacking a lot of utensils and other things. The refrigerator in there was just a little one so you couldn't really go out and buy a lot of food and it didn't have a freezer. The bathroom was very small, you didn't have room to do your hair in front of the mirror without hitting your elbows on the walls. And the website says there is a pool you can use but they don't say you have to walk up a hill a 1/4 of a mile away and you can't drive because you can't park at the other resort. And the one thing that really bothered us was the kids looking in our window and running and slamming doors all the time.

Room Tip: You probably need to get one at the very end and make sure your not by a bunch of nosey kids and there parents.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chevelle97
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed 4 nights at the "Resort". We were, in fact, the only people at this small hotel for 2 of those days/nights. That part was really nice. No noise, just peaceful views from our second level balcony of the boats zooming by, the geese herding their little ones around, the turtles sunning themselves, and miscellaneous bluebirds and barn swallows flitting about. We also cast our lines into the water from the boardwalk and actually caught a couple of fish...one bluegill and one bass. Those are the good parts!

Now, for the hard truths of our visit: our room was a bit dirty on our arrival. I had to wash the provided dishes before I could use them. There was water in the coffee pot carafe. Gross! There was also a white pill laying on the floor by the table and chairs. We had no idea what it was but thank goodness there were no children to pick it up and put it in their mouth! The rest of the room was clean enough. You can't expect it to be as clean as your own home, right? The part that was really interesting (and fairly infuriating) was the envelope that greeted us on our arrival. It was on the dining table to make it easier for us to "tip" our housekeeper. However, we had to ask the manager for fresh kitchen towels as well as a fresh bag so we could empty our own trash! We were never given fresh bath towels. Not very "resort-like" in our opinion.

The last item I will call attention to was the pontoon boat we rented. It was such a nice amenity to have it right there on the property. And the price was very reasonable compared to other boat rental services in the area. The real difference was the condition of the boat at the resort. There were spiderwebs everywhere, mold on the carpet, and the seat cushions held any variety of wildlife and dirt. The boat ran fine and felt safe enough but again, gross! I cannot fathom why paying customers were not worthy of a clean boat when the following day my husband observed the manager as he cleaned the boat before he took it out for the evening. Again, not very "resort-like" in our opinion.

All in all we had a very nice time, but some attention to detail would have made a huge difference in our recommending this place to our friends. As for the provided tip envelope, for maybe the first time ever, there was no tip because the housekeeper did absolutely nothing. Mentions to the manager that "if she ever shows up" were ignored.

All of these things are just missed opportunities to create future business. But that's just our opinion!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Of course the rooms are right on the lake and the view was awesome but the rooms was not great at all this is a low end hotel for the money and the worst I have stayed in so far not enough parking area and I never found the heated pool

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank vacationjohnson
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The place is nice , but the owner is such a RUDE person , he should hire somebody with people skills . He came to our room at 3:00 pm complaining about our dog barking ( really at 3:00 pm in a "pet friendly hotel")
He asked and a very rude aggressive maner to do something about it !!
Great way to ruined our trip..
So disappointed !! But since he is the owner I can't get my money back ...

• Stayed: May 2014