“Excellent Shrimp and Catfish” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mr. Whiskers
Ranked #9 of 269 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Malvern, Arkansas
“Excellent Shrimp and Catfish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Shrimp was some of the very best I had ever eat. Cooked just right and very fresh. Catfish was very good also. They have all the sides french fries, hush puppys, excellent cold slaw, cocktail and tarter sauce's. Friendly service. Better come early for lunch the place filled up while we were their.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Hole in the Wall places are usually very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This little "hole in the wall" place is very good. We just happened to be in the neighborhood and I was having a hankering for some catfish. So glad we chose to go here. I had heard the food was good but I had no idea how good. The place was clean and welcoming. The helpings are plenty and having eaten catfish all my life I was impressed with how fresh this was. It was cooked to perfection and came with 2 sides. Don't let the little strip-mall (where it's located) deter you. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. They also serve chicken and bbq plus they cater.

Denton, Texas
“Incredible Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

After seeing the high marks, we made our way over for dinner (be careful they close at 8 during the week) and were extremely happy we did, this was probably our favorite meal of our trip. All of the food is fried fresh and perfectly, plus the burgers were great. I really enjoyed the sauce bar with all sorts of things to dip your fried goodies in. The Parmesan sauce was awesome! I don't think you could order anything bad here, so don't miss it! The staff was overly nice as well.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food. Casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Mr whiskers is in a shopping center so it can be easy to miss. It's a small diner and the staff was incredibly friendly. My wife ordered my son a burger and he later said he had asked for chicken. One of the staff brought him a chicken strip after she heard the conversation. Well above and beyond what I've seen in a loooong time. The food was good and everyone in our party of 7 was very satisfied.

Bartlesville, OK
“Great service, average catfish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our family has a tradition of having fish frys so I have pretty high expectations. As such I found Mr. Whiskers catfish to be good but not great. I felt the food had a strong taste and was somewhat overcooked. I did enjoy the atmosphere, the service was really good and the people very nice. The people eating with me raved about the fried shrimp so if I go again that is the dish I plan to order. I did enjoy the coleslaw and hushpuppies.

• 3 of 5 bubbles