“Fascinating look at Hot Springs history”

Hot Springs Haunted Tour
Ranked #7 of 12 Tours in Hot Springs
Plano, Texas
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Fascinating look at Hot Springs history”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We asked our preteen son for his favorite attraction on a recent jaunt to Hot Springs. His reply: "I'm not sure" (sign of a good trip), but this tour was a top contender. The tour is a 90+ minute walk along 3-4 blocks of downtown Hot Springs (and back) with several stops near supposedly haunted buildings.

Our guide, Jeff,is clearly passionate about the subject and our tour ran closer to 2 hours. It was well worth it as Jeff shared numerous legends, historical facts,and lots of personal experiences. of him and the current locals. Inidan burial grounds, pioneers, funeral homes, gangsters, WWII soldiers, fires, murder/suicides, freezing doorknobs, and even Clark Kent were highlighted. Our son clung to Jeff's side and asked a million questions, which he cheerfully answered and encouraged us to learn more about other haunted spots that weren't within walking distance.

Overall, it was a fascinating look at Hot Springs outside of the history books. Definitely well worth the time and money ($15 per person). However, although all ages are welcome, the tour would not be appropriate for younger or easily frightened children.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank s2mc

Hot Springs, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“amazing tour!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

As a professor of history, I must say this tour was amazing!!! I've researched everything mentioned in the tour, and it was all actual history of Hot Springs. It took some deep digging, but my research confirmed everything covered in this tour. I've taken it 3 times, and the best tour was with the owner, but he doesn't guide the tours anymore. The other guides do a good job, just not as much emotion in their presentation. Can't wait to do again next year...

Visited May 2013
3 Thank doc c
Rowlett, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun Distraction for our Teens”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My family of five and our best friends (also family of five) visited Hot Springs during Spring Break 2013. The three teenagers had been asking to go on the Haunted Tour from day one, so my best friend and I and our kiddos (5 people total) went on the tour. The stories were very interesting and the tour guide did a great job. The spooky stories were enough to give the teens who of course are invincible a bit of the willies and we all had a very good time. We took the 8 PM tour but my guess is the 10 PM tour would be as much fun. I recommend this tour to anyone visiting Hot Springs looking for a scare!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank mustangs01
DeRidder, Louisiana, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good time!”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Me and my husband had a great time on the tour. The tour guide was wonderful. He told us many spooky stories and showed us quite a few spooky locations. I did catch a storage light in one of my pictures...hmmmmmm

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Candis C
Indiana, United States
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“very fun”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My wife wanted to do this and it was a great time. The guide was friendly and funny and told a lot of stories. I got a few "orbs" in my pictures but I think it was the light, but it helped set the mood for the night. Definitely worth the time and money.

Visited October 2012